Moves
    14 Mar '18 03:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 07:46
    Considering his appalling debilitating disease that meant he had a serious lack of exercise, I think it is surprising that he survived as long as he did to 76 years of age.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 11:38
    “Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny”

-SH
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 15:42
    Didn't he say, recently,that he has another 6 million years to live before death? So much for the precision of science.
    I thought anyway that he will make backup of himself on hard disc and electric circles.
    His real name is by the way Stevan Jastrebović and is of Serbian origin..
    Even he managed to reach black holes - that's meaniig of being celebrity.
  5. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 13:44
    what a posh job ! sitting around thinking up theories that no-one can disprove,,,,and to be paid..Cosmology at it's finest !
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 14:39
    Originally posted by @ogb
    what a posh job ! sitting around thinking up theories that no-one can disprove,,,,and to be paid..Cosmology at it's finest !
    Says the guy who has half the IQ of Hawking.
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 15:334 edits
    sitting around thinking up theories that no-one can disprove,,,,and to be paid..
    an indicator that he was smarter than us.
    Actually, much of his theory is testable.
    In particular, his theory of what became known as "Hawking radiation" makes a testable prediction and it is just a matter if when, not if, it will be tested.
    There are interesting albeit controversial claims that Hawking radiation has already been indirectly detected albeit not directly coming from the monster sized black holes themselves;

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/420940/first-observation-of-hawking-radiation/

But, still, this is very impressive evidence from an experiment that should be reproduceable in other labs. Time will tell.
  8. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 22:06
    Originally posted by @humy
    [b]an indicator that he was smarter than us.
    Actually, much of his theory is testable.
    In particular, his theory of what became known as "Hawking radiation" makes a testable prediction and it is just a matter if when, not if, it will be tested.
    There are interesting albeit controversial claims that Hawking radiation has already been indirectly detected albeit not directly coming from the monster sized black holes themselves;
    ok I remember Hawking making a guess at the problem of "information" can never be lost..like, no-matter what. So he said there was a very small "rim" of the black hole that spews out the "information" contained in matter..lol..ho ho ho
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 22:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    19 Mar '18 12:24
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Like they did with Einstein's brain..they found out it was bigger and had different connections...
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Mar '18 13:15
    ok I remember Hawking making a guess at the problem of "information" can never be lost..like, no-matter what. So he said there was a very small "rim" of the black hole that spews out the "information" contained in matter..lol..ho ho ho
    Sounds like jealousy speaking. How many other great men have you dissed like this?
  12. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    19 Mar '18 15:051 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Sounds like jealousy speaking. How many other great men have you dissed like this?
    Wasn't aware that I dissed anyone..that's your take on it..anyway, why don't you prove he was right? About Black Holes and lost information..which is nothing more than a stab in the dark >>lol hoho .."in the dark" get it? ho ho
  13. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Mar '18 21:31
    Originally posted by @whodey
    “Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny”

-SH
    "We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet..." - SH
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 00:57
    Wasn't aware that I dissed anyone..that's your take on it..anyway, why don't you prove he was right? About Black Holes and lost information..which is nothing more than a stab in the dark >>lol hoho .."in the dark" get it? ho ho
    Sounded to me and I bet most others here you were dissing Hawking. You seem to think we should be by now knowing everything about everything but I can assure you we are still in kindergarten as far as science goes and that is counting ALL the genius scientists who have ever lived or alive now. You want to diss someone for not totally figuring out black holes fine, unless that was your idea of a joke.
    The fact remains we have a LONG road ahead, maybe in 500 years of continuous growth of science we will be out of kindergarten and into first grade. There is the problem of conflating quantum mechanics with relativity and that is not going to be solved any time soon. With string theory and M theory and so forth it is like getting a 22nd century physics theory dumped on us in century 20 and 21 and we are still struggling with that so just remember we are still in kindergarten.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree