1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    07 Dec '20 07:563 edits
    This video is almost an hour long but interesting;

YouTube

and this above video is about the same AI I had previously posted about with the link below (forget which thread I posted that);
    https://phys.org/news/2020-11-ai-solution-year-old-protein.html

There is also this much shorter (~6 min) video about it;
    YouTube
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    07 Dec '20 12:242 edits
    I just found this nice closely related ~16 min video link;

YouTube
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    11 Dec '20 08:1513 edits
    I found this yet another video about this same subject matter. This time this video (about ~7 mins long) is obviously much more for laypeople who know next-to-nothing about it nor its importance;

YouTube

As it explains at the beginning of this video, this breakthrough isn't just hype but a big deal and will be the start of a scientific revolution and the video then goes on to explain why so in nice simply layperson terms.
    The protein folding problem in the past was always a huge hindrance and showstopper to biological and medical research but now, thanks to this new breakthrough, that's about to change; Trust me, this is a big deal!

For many years now I had actually been predicting that AI will one day solve this problem but, and bearing in mind I am an AI expert, I didn't predict that it would happen anywhere near this soon; I was thinking more like ~50 years from now and thus not in my lifetime, so I am really very pleasantly surprised and delighted by this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree