1. Joined
    16 Aug '09
    Moves
    11 Jul '12 18:42
    I was looking forward to an exciting 4 man team season for my Former NYC Chess Club and Friends team. Then I discovered that only 1 other team is in my division and we have 2 games each.

I suggest that if the last division has 3 teams or less, add them to the next-to-last division. Players in the last division would then have a maximum of 16 games maximum instead of 10 games.
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    11 Jul '12 20:41
    Originally posted by SacTheKing
    I was looking forward to an exciting 4 man team season for my Former NYC Chess Club and Friends team. Then I discovered that only 1 other team is in my division and we have 2 games each.

I suggest that if the last division has 3 teams or less, add them to the next-to-last division. Players in the last division would then have a maximum of 16 games maximum instead of 10 games.
    Yeah.
    I noticed that.
    It's very difficult when the number of teams entered is not divisible by six.
    What's going to happen at the end of the season?
    Do you both go up?
    I think there needs to be some sort of "bye" system if the arithmetic doesn't fit
    something like , in this case, 8 teams in four divisions with an equal number of byes for each team so the game load stays the same
    Over to the statisticians!!
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    12 Jul '12 23:111 edit
    Originally posted by SacTheKing

A difficult one Ray, if only due to the fact that the new league gave a certain undertaking \ guarantee to many that may have thought twice about joining...namely a max' of 10games. I can see your point, and perhaps in the future it would be the sensible remedy...as I say, a difficult one to make a call !?
    Edit: I think Dave 'venda' makes an attempt to reconcile the difference with the 'bye' suggestion....
  4. Joined
    16 Aug '09
    Moves
    15 Jul '12 12:22
    Unless something changes, it's likely other teams will be disappointed in the future.
    Of the two ideas suggested, I prefer the additional games. Had that been in effect this season, for example, about 80% of the teams would have been unaffected and the bottom 20% would have had 14 games instead of 10.
    I'd rather see every team play every other team in a division which wouldn't happen with a bye system.
  5. New York
    Moves
    15 Jul '12 12:50
    This is a good suggestion, Ray. I like it. A division with just 2 teams isn't much fun!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree