1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10209
    09 Jul '17 12:07
    So at the moment if you're opponent sends a message you press reply and fill in the box, but the box usually covers part of your opponents message, which if it's a long one you sometimes want to read through again while writing your reply. Being able to to drag it across to another part of the screen would easily solve this.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    94077
    09 Jul '17 12:47
    Originally posted by Trev33
    So at the moment if you're opponent sends a message you press reply and fill in the box, but the box usually covers part of your opponents message, which if it's a long one you sometimes want to read through again while writing your reply. Being able to to drag it across to another part of the screen would easily solve this.
    Good idea as my replies tend to be "wordy" but then, that's me eh? 😉
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1794
    12 Jul '17 13:20
    I'm just waiting on the much-delayed bootstrap release (v4) to hit beta, and I'll be doing a UI refresh then. Will definitely keep this in mind. A good time to raise any other UI issues, if you have any, too.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    315192
    12 Jul '17 15:262 edits
    The present message box can be frustrating. The OK button is close to the edge and very close to the reply button and if you touch anywhere outside the box all your typing disappears. I guess the two problems overlap. Perhaps the message box could and have an extra button for cancel and not just disappear.
  5. Joined
    13 Jun '17
    Moves
    1721
    13 Jul '17 19:04
    I to don’t see why the message box can’t be some where else on the page, have your tech guys go over to chess.com and take a look, they have a chat box on the far right on the page, It shows all the chat’s that have gone on between you and that opponent, plus there’s a message place that is totally separate from the chat, it just seems to me that for someone that knows what there doing it would not be that hard to rearrange things to make all this happen, just my two cents, Mary.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    94077
    14 Jul '17 13:43
    There have been instances when I have typed in a tome of a message to have it disappear by my doing something (hitting something). Could there be a fail safe message come up saying something like "are you sure?"
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1794
    14 Aug '17 14:59
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    There have been instances when I have typed in a tome of a message to have it disappear by my doing something (hitting something). Could there be a fail safe message come up saying something like "are you sure?"
    Yes, there can be, and should be.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35519
    29 Aug '17 08:40
    Originally posted by @russ
    I'm just waiting on the much-delayed bootstrap release (v4) to hit beta, and I'll be doing a UI refresh then. Will definitely keep this in mind. A good time to raise any other UI issues, if you have any, too.
    As mentioned in my "website on mobile" SI thread, I have noticed a link to the current "Results" page missing from clan games viewed on my phone. And I mean viewing this from my web browser, not the mobile app. Maybe it's lower on the page or something, but I don't see it.
Back to Top