Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    12 Feb '13 02:49 / 1 edit
    It would be nice if we could abort moves, posts, other poster's post or even other users. A universal auto-destruct button would also be useful.
    Thanks in advance
  2. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    12 Feb '13 05:11
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    It would be nice if we could abort moves, posts, other poster's post or even other users. A universal auto-destruct button would also be useful.
    Thanks in advance
    Sorry, I can't support that, I'm pro-life. 😵
  3. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    12 Feb '13 07:05
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Sorry, I can't support that, I'm pro-life. 😵
    Now you're just being ridiculous.
  4. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    07 Mar '13 12:33
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    It would be nice if we could abort moves, posts, other poster's post or even other users. A universal auto-destruct button would also be useful.
    Thanks in advance
    Is that just your own moves you want to abort or would you want to get rid of inconvenient moves by your opponent?

    I certainly think it is time my opponents learned the openings I learned and stopped playing all the wrong moves. They just waste my time and then win their futile games that I never wanted to get into anyway. I wanted the nice winning lines I read in my books.
  5. Subscriber radioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    07 Mar '13 13:07
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Is that just your own moves you want to abort or would you want to get rid of inconvenient moves by your opponent?

    I certainly think it is time my opponents learned the openings I learned and stopped playing all the wrong moves. They just waste my time and then win their futile games that I never wanted to get into anyway. I wanted the nice winning lines I read in my books.
    An abort clans button would be good. I have a couple in mind that I'd like to press the button on. 😵
  6. Standard member drdon
    His Mateship
    07 Mar '13 20:33 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Sorry, I can't support that, I'm pro-life. 😵
    Even pond life?
  7. 08 Mar '13 00:54
    i read the uk daily mail each day. on this site they have a red and green arrow which allows each reader to strike one or the other.

    my idea, given what i have read and what has come in the post for my changes, is that one accomodate both the up and down marks on this site and the red and green arrows on the home paper, the daily mail.

    the goal is to eliminate marks ( over overmarks ) to show happiness for a post yet to allow a post to have favour or disfavour as per the reader.

    the goal is simple and accomodating.

    you set up the red and green arrows as the uk daily mail has but as admin you never show the number of likes or dislikes.

    and this is the mediation.

    you only allow the red or green arrow to change when their is a surplus of markings by the readers.

    i know you are confused. it is simple. you have the red and green arrow. as long as the green arrow is marked by "liking it" by more than one who dislikes it, the "red arrow" it shows one way or the other.

    the simplicity is that everyone gets a choice, but no group gets a lead since you do not see the "count" and only the "majoritiy result" as the red or green arrow is clicked on during the day. it might be two by three or ninety by forty, one would not know so one would have no real reason to click more to gain more red or green arrow points.

    just a majority showing of approval or disapproval thru the post. red or green.

    simple. correct.
  8. Subscriber radioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    08 Mar '13 02:46
    Originally posted by roasted porkchop
    i read the uk daily mail each day. on this site they have a red and green arrow which allows each reader to strike one or the other.

    my idea, given what i have read and what has come in the post for my changes, is that one accomodate both the up and down marks on this site and the red and green arrows on the home paper, the daily mail.

    the goa ...[text shortened]... ty showing of approval or disapproval thru the post. red or green.

    simple. correct.
    Simple? Correct? I think the big bang theory is easier to understand than what you've written here. Not sure what you're trying to get at with the arrows so I''ve just simplified it and given you a down (red) arrow. Really not sure what it has to do with this thread either. You might want to look around the site a bit and work out whats what before posting anything else dude.
  9. 08 Mar '13 03:29
    i will try to think bettor in the future. sorry to have confused you.
  10. Standard member drdon
    His Mateship
    08 Mar '13 22:39
    Originally posted by roasted porkchop
    i will try to think bettor in the future. sorry to have confused you.
    No worries pal