Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 17 Mar '07 09:21
    When someone accepts a game and then decides to delete it, shouldn't
    it be returned to the open invites page (reset to starting position, of
    course)? It's tiresome having to recreate games because someone accepted
    then realised (s)he didn't want to play you.
  2. 17 Mar '07 12:34
    Originally posted by stocken
    When someone accepts a game and then decides to delete it, shouldn't
    it be returned to the open invites page (reset to starting position, of
    course)? It's tiresome having to recreate games because someone accepted
    then realised (s)he didn't want to play you.
    Agree.
  3. Standard member IM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    17 Mar '07 12:54 / 1 edit
    I brought this up long ago. It did not receive much approval back then. I still think it is a valid idea. See Thread 47383
  4. 17 Mar '07 14:00 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by IM4Y2NV
    I brought this up long ago. It did not receive much approval back then. I still think it is a valid idea. See Thread 47383
    It's been requested a few times even in the short time I've been here.
    Once again, I agree.

    rec'd




    ps. were you once chronicman?
  5. Standard member UmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    17 Mar '07 17:03
    I'll be the dissenting voice here.

    Accepting and then deleting games is certainly annoying sometimes, but it serves as a way for high or low rated players to remove some of the ridiculous open invites vilgilante style, instead of waiting until the mods have to do it (which still has to happen for people like GinoJ with >2500 requests). Often these are replaced, but if the 900 rated guy who only wants opponents over 1700 gets deleted a few times quickly, he'll get the idea and either make the games unrated or ask for more reasonable challenges.
  6. 17 Mar '07 18:46 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    Accepting and then deleting games is certainly annoying sometimes, but it serves as a way for self-important jerks to remove some of the ridiculous open invites vilgilante style.
    😛
  7. 17 Mar '07 19:02
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    I'll be the dissenting voice here.

    Accepting and then deleting games is certainly annoying sometimes, but it serves as a way for high or low rated players to remove some of the ridiculous open invites vilgilante style, instead of waiting until the mods have to do it (which still has to happen for people like GinoJ with >2500 requests). Often thes ...[text shortened]... y, he'll get the idea and either make the games unrated or ask for more reasonable challenges.
    I think a better solution for that problem would be to have open invites automatically deleted after a certain amount of time (something like three days maybe?) if they are not taken.
  8. Standard member UmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    18 Mar '07 18:45
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I think a better solution for that problem would be to have open invites automatically deleted after a certain amount of time (something like three days maybe?) if they are not taken.
    I like this idea, I suppose if it could be implemented, it would make the undeletableness of games by self-important jerks acceptable.

    By the way, I'm too middle-range to delete anything, I only wish I could be a self-important jerk.
  9. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    18 Mar '07 23:20
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    😛
    Do you want the Open Invites page to be full of month old invites that no one will accept?
  10. 19 Mar '07 00:46
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Do you want the Open Invites page to be full of month old invites that no one will accept?
    No, certainly not but the system should be programmed to do it automatically.
    Or as previously mentioned, only invites that include or are close to our own should be permitted.
  11. 23 Mar '07 08:54
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    No, certainly not but the system should be programmed to do it automatically.
    Or as previously mentioned, only invites that include or are close to our own should be permitted.
    I agree on both counts.
  12. 29 Mar '07 04:36
    Originally posted by stocken
    I agree on both counts.
    I count on both agreements.
  13. 30 Mar '07 15:29
    Originally posted by stocken
    I count on both agreements.
    I agree to count both.
  14. 30 Mar '07 15:50
    Originally posted by stocken
    I agree to count both.
    I both agree and count.
  15. 30 Mar '07 17:17
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I both agree and count.
    I count you're not bothered by my agreement.