1. Garner, NC
    Moves
    08 May '13 00:01
    I've been having lots of trouble with the analysis board (I'm using firefox 20.0.1). When you select a piece to move it, you cannot unselect that piece. You have to move it and then move it back.

Also, it sometimes gets hung where you can't move a piece at all.

Also, the animation of pieces slowly moving is cute, but not useful at all, and both distracting and causes unnecessary slowness when trying to think.

Normally this site is very robust. Please don't lower your quality standards to become like chess.com.
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    08 May '13 00:43
    The current analysis board is hardly usable. 🙁
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    08 May '13 03:121 edit
    Originally posted by techsouth
    I've been having lots of trouble with the analysis board (I'm using firefox 20.0.1). When you select a piece to move it, you cannot unselect that piece. You have to move it and then move it back.

Also, it sometimes gets hung where you can't move a piece at all.

Also, the animation of pieces slowly moving is cute, but not useful at all, and both dis ...[text shortened]... is site is very robust. Please don't lower your quality standards to become like chess.com.
    The new analyze board is designed for drag-n-drop. Click-move doesn't work so well.
  4. Standard memberbyedidia
    Mister Why
    San Carlos, CA
    Moves
    10 May '13 05:15
    It Sucks on an iPod touch or iPhone because of the pinching motion to change the size that also inadvertently moves pieces. I'm liking this update less and less as time goes on.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 May '13 10:37
    Originally posted by byedidia
    It Sucks on an iPod touch or iPhone because of the pinching motion to change the size that also inadvertently moves pieces. I'm liking this update less and less as time goes on.
    I'll be reducing the sensitivity of the drag and drop on small screen devices. This should reduce this issue significantly.
  6. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    14 May '13 02:21
    Hi, I get this sticky "piece select" on my pc too (chrome). Sometimes I have to make a random move to unselect a piece I have selected and then click "back". My fingers say that clicking a selected piece should unselect it.
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    14 May '13 04:15
    Originally posted by iamatiger
    Hi, I get this sticky "piece select" on my pc too (chrome). Sometimes I have to make a random move to unselect a piece I have selected and then click "back". My fingers say that clicking a selected piece should unselect it.
    I quit listening to my lying fingers years ago.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 May '13 15:22
    Originally posted by iamatiger
    This is now the case.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 May '13 15:26
    Originally posted by byedidia
    The sensitivity has been decreased to start a drag on mobile devices as from about an hour ago, so can you let me know if this improves things?

Maybe the option to turn off drag and drop altogether is the only solution for someone like yourself?
  10. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    17 May '13 07:41
    Originally posted by Russ
    This is now the case.
    Many thanks Russ, the board is much easier to use now!
  11. Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    23 May '13 23:13
    I had no problem with the site changes until a week ago. Now the analysis board opens but only as a small icon and I cannot get it to stay full size so that I can use it.

I have Windows 7 and I upgraded from Explorer IE9 to IE10 but that made no difference. I have not found any reference to this problem in the forums.
  12. Standard memberbyedidia
    Mister Why
    San Carlos, CA
    Moves
    27 May '13 06:32
    Yes, I think it's better. Sorry I was slow to reply.

I still occasionally get this weird behavior on the iPod touch when I grab a piece on the bottom rank, the board flies up leaving the piece off the board. I have to chase after it with the piece.

But yes, it's usable now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree