1. SubscriberBrrr
    King of Cool
    AUSTIN, TEXAS
    Moves
    12 May '18 17:06
    i'm wondering if anyone knows what is meant by an "annotaded" game , it's a feature here at RHP that nobody ever uses? or where is this feature explained, if you might know? thanks! πŸ˜€πŸ˜›πŸ˜΄
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 May '18 16:15
    Originally posted by @brrr
    i'm wondering if anyone knows what is meant by an "annotaded" game , it's a feature here at RHP that nobody ever uses? or where is this feature explained, if you might know? thanks! πŸ˜€πŸ˜›πŸ˜΄
    Russ typed that when he had a cold. Go easy on him...
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    13 May '18 17:19
    I assume you're referring to the typo and you know what annotated games are.
    In any case, the post should be on the help forum
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 May '18 10:00
    You'll have to help me out here, I can't find the typo on the site.
  5. SubscriberBrrr
    King of Cool
    AUSTIN, TEXAS
    Moves
    15 May '18 12:07
    Originally posted by @venda
    I assume you're referring to the typo and you know what annotated games are.
    In any case, the post should be on the help forum
    i'm not referring to any typo, I did not realize there was a type even... i'm just wondering who ever uses annotated games, and why? when? for what?
  6. SubscriberBrrr
    King of Cool
    AUSTIN, TEXAS
    Moves
    15 May '18 12:08
    Originally posted by @russ
    i'm not referring to any typo, I did not realize there was a type even... i'm just wondering who ever uses annotated games, and why? when? for what?
  7. SubscriberBrrr
    King of Cool
    AUSTIN, TEXAS
    Moves
    15 May '18 12:09
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    Russ typed that when he had a cold. Go easy on him...
    i'm not referring to any typo, I did not realize there was a type even... i'm just wondering who ever uses annotated games, and why? when? for what? πŸ™„
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    15 May '18 18:58
    i'm not referring to any typo, I did not realize there was a type even... i'm just wondering who ever uses annotated games, and why? when? for what? πŸ™„
    A 2199 player doesn't know what annotated games are for.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 May '18 19:24
    Go to menu > Community > Annotated Games, and look them over. Some players write notes about games they have played and publish them there. If you're a 2100+ player, you probably won't learn anything as most of the players who publish annotations are below that strength.
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    16 May '18 12:361 edit
    Originally posted by @russ
    Read the thread title. Not your typo; Jack Sprat's.
  11. SubscriberBrrr
    King of Cool
    AUSTIN, TEXAS
    Moves
    18 May '18 03:59
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    A 2199 player doesn't know what annotated games are for.
    no, i don't and i haven't seen anyone using annotations, is anyone?
  12. SubscriberBrrr
    King of Cool
    AUSTIN, TEXAS
    Moves
    18 May '18 04:05
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Go to menu > Community > Annotated Games, and look them over. Some players write notes about games they have played and publish them there. If you're a 2100+ player, you probably won't learn anything as most of the players who publish annotations are below that strength.
    yes, so i found the annotaded games, with annotated moves indicated in each game??? but still then what is an annotated move? annotated, what for?
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    18 May '18 10:522 edits
    yes, so i found the annotaded games, with annotated moves indicated in each game??? but still then what is an annotated move? annotated, what for?
    Have you never read a chess book in which the author (or someone else) does not simply record the moves of some game, but adds commentary, explaining the strategy behind the moves? Or alternative moves which would have won/lost/drawn instead. Those are annotations. What for? For others to read, enjoy, and learn from.

Some RHP players also annotate their games. What for? To show off how clever they are, I suppose.
  14. SubscriberBrrr
    King of Cool
    AUSTIN, TEXAS
    Moves
    19 May '18 13:58
    OHHHHH, I get it, finally...............explanations, that sure helps! thanks 😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree