1. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    02 Jan '09 14:48
    Having just played 1 c4 for the umpteenth time, it'd be great if I could tell the TFC database that this is the default opening I want to make whenever I'm white.

This'd need to be set at profile level, and be switch-offable of course.
  2. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    02 Jan '09 18:57
    Originally posted by rhb
    Having just played 1 c4 for the umpteenth time, it'd be great if I could tell the TFC database that this is the default opening I want to make whenever I'm white.

This'd need to be set at profile level, and be switch-offable of course.
    i like this idea but why not extend it to being able to program in full opening repertoires (ie. an kind of extension of the conditional moves feature but with one's own personal opening book). Ideally one could program alternatives that could be activated/deactivated etc. or to be even more adventurous program random generators where more than one option was programmed in (ie. if 1.E4 1... g6 [60%], 1... c5 [30%], 1... d6 [10%] for example).

On a similar note could it be possible to extend the conditional move feature to include variations beyond a single move?
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '09 20:49
    Originally posted by NakedBass
    i like this idea but why not extend it to being able to program in full opening repertoires (ie. an kind of extension of the conditional moves feature but with one's own personal opening book). Ideally one could program alternatives that could be activated/deactivated etc. or to be even more adventurous program random generators where more than one option ...[text shortened]... be possible to extend the conditional move feature to include variations beyond a single move?
    Some of my opponents are very good at the [beep] opening. I wouldn't want in my life to play that opening against them. But to everyone else I have a very good winning ratio in this particular opening.

So to have a general opening repertoir that RHP plays for me automatically, I wouldn't like. I would rather have full control of what opening I'd play against every opponent.

Today's conditional opening feature is as good as it can be.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree