1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 18:55
    "Other" chess sites have a daily chess puzzle on their website. I think it would be a nice addition to the RHP-homepage to have a couple of puzzles each day. Is that possible?
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 20:18
    Yes, I even started it already to test the versatility of the new board code.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    01 May '13 06:321 edit
    Nice. Where would you get these puzzles from?
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    03 May '13 12:261 edit
    How about using the ones from shredder.com? They have new ones every day and they allow you to link them to your web page for free as far as I can see. They might be a nice addition to have on our opening page here at RHP or just have them elsewhere. Here's the link:

http://www.shredderchess.com/chess-news/shredder-news/chess-puzzle-webmaster.html

They aren't usually "find mate in x moves" type puzzles, but are just "find the best move" types. Some are just finding a single move, and some are a series or two or three moves. If you go to their site you can check them out and see what you think!

<edit>
    Another option would be to see if some of our own members can put together a variety of chess puzzles that could be used for this purpose. Most of us probably aren't that clever, but I'm sure there are a few around here who could do it. The posers and puzzles forum will have some at times, but not on a regular basis.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree