1. Joined
    23 May '13
    Moves
    09 Jul '13 02:30
    I would love to see notification when my opponent resigned. When several games are open at the same time it is easy to miss when one closes. I know this isn't the most significant idea in the world, but it would be helpful.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    09 Jul '13 05:31
    Do you not look at the MyGames page? In a sea of green MyMove and yellow Waiting, the red GameLost and GameWon and the purple GameDrawn do rather stand out ...
  3. Joined
    23 May '13
    Moves
    09 Jul '13 20:32
    Yes, on occasion, and then I see the win. However, since there are a number of wins (if not as large as I might like), the latest one just sort of blends in unless I study the list. Since this site doesn't make me look at that list to determine when it is my turn to move (email notification) I believe it could do the same thing when I have won a game on resignation. Makes sense to me.
  4. Joined
    21 Nov '03
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 11:40

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 11:431 edit
    One large outstanding task is a proper notification system, with options for not only what you receive, but how you receive it.

I'll look at adding it prior to then, but unlikely.
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 12:20
    Originally posted by hopeless6
    Yes, on occasion, and then I see the win. However, since there are a number of wins (if not as large as I might like), the latest one just sort of blends in unless I study the list. Since this site doesn't make me look at that list to determine when it is my turn to move (email notification) I believe it could do the same thing when I have won a game on resignation. Makes sense to me.
    Each time you log on to the site, the first page you automatically see is your home page.
    On that page there is a list of useful information, including "Completed Games In Last 7 Days".
    Doesn't that tell you what you need to know?
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 04:521 edit
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Each time you log on to the site, the first page you automatically see is your home page.
    On that page there is a list of useful information, including "Completed Games In Last 7 Days".
    Doesn't that tell you what you need to know?
    I type 'tim' in the location bar (short for timeforchess) and firefox auto-completes to the most common page I use on the site (not the homepage).

It kills the ego to have to go through several clicks and screens to resign a game (well, it did before I wrote a script to automate that 😛) but when I win a game I don't get any acknowledgment. Just "oh, go find it in the list...it's in there somewhere...not important".
  8. Joined
    21 Jan '11
    Moves
    16 Jul '13 13:12
    This would be great to have, hate to wait around for a notification of an opponents move, only to find out after a few hours that my opponent has resigned ages ago.

To those who would say, look at your My Games page, you're missing the point that many of us only open the site when we get an email notification of a move, or similarly, cruise the forums or other features here while waiting for that little notification on the top right of the screen to turn green and say '1 game waiting'.

An email notification when an opponent resigns would be great, as would some little notification like the 'X games waiting' one to help you spot a resignation. Even a little area at the top to indicate the number of live games you had would probably do it, so if you knew you had 6 live games, and when you refreshed it changed to 5 live games, you would know one of them was done.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree