1. Standard memberDukeOfEuphony
    player of the violin
    Canada.
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 12:27
    I was thinking it might be nice if there was an option to remove one of your own posts. Any thoughts?
  2. Donationmwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 12:42
    Originally posted by DukeOfEuphony
    I was thinking it might be nice if there was an option to remove one of your own posts. Any thoughts?
    I think that has been suggested before but not incorporated. However, you can edit it during the first hour after posting it.

So what I have done in the past is edit my own post and delete all of the content, then after that you can alert it and tell the moderators that you would like to delete it. They have usually done that in the past.

But if you make a post and then get replies to it, that option may no longer be allowed. I guess it would depend on the content and the moderator.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    02 Apr '16 05:59
    In a public forum, if I want to delete my post, I click Edit and add a four-letter word, one of the ones that robomod recognises as a BAD WORD. Then I click the Edit button again. Robomod does its job, removes the post entirely and sends me a roboreprimand which I naturally ignore. Works for me! 🙂
  4. Devonshire
    Moves
    02 Apr '16 20:12
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    In a public forum, if I want to delete my post, I click Edit and add a four-letter word, one of the ones that robomod recognises as a BAD WORD. Then I click the Edit button again. Robomod does its job, removes the post entirely and sends me a roboreprimand which I naturally ignore. Works for me! 🙂
    Smart. 😀
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    04 Apr '16 06:54
    Knowing my luck, the 4 letter word wouldn't be recognised as a bad word by robomod and my obscenity would remain for all the world to see.
  6. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 Apr '16 08:49
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Knowing my luck, the 4 letter word wouldn't be recognised as a bad word by robomod and my obscenity would remain for all the world to see.
    😉

Hardly imaginable...
  7. Standard memberDukeOfEuphony
    player of the violin
    Canada.
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 17:27
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    😉

Hardly imaginable...
    I was thinking of an option to delete a post that you don't want up even after your time to edit it is over.
  8. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 00:47
    I was thinking of an option to delete a post that you don't want up even after your time to edit it is over.
    I'd have to vote "no" - it makes threads too hard to read if a major player can go through and delete all their posts from it.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 17:04
    This chess site doesn't support take-backs.

😞
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 21:01
    Tell us which one it is and we'll avoid looking at it.
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 21:41
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I'd have to vote "no" - it makes threads too hard to read if a major player can go through and delete all their posts from it.
    Perhaps we should be asking for a facility to add an apology later. Leaves the offending post, but indicates it's not really what you wanted to say.
  12. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 05:48
    Perhaps we should be asking for a facility to add an apology later. Leaves the offending post, but indicates it's not really what you wanted to say.
    We already have a facility for apologizing later. Just make another post. 🙂
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 02:46
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    We already have a facility for apologizing later. Just make another post. 🙂
    Good point. 🙂