Originally posted by ivan2908
    Is the glass half-emtpy or half-ful ?
    depends on what's in the glass😡
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 00:42
    A lot of sites use 100x100, like BHB forum sites, but I could live with 80x80.

I'm suspecting that anything larger than 50x50 would cause you to have to upload your images to photobucket or someplace and provide a link to it, instead of uploading your images here. Would you all be as eager to have bigger avatars if that was the case?

I guess bandwidth is another consideration, even though most avatars are pretty small, an animated gif could be a good size, and there are lots of users here. I'm sure Russ would prefer things here stay lean and mean. πŸ™‚
  4. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 03:01
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    Is the glass half-emtpy or half-ful ?
    Half-drunk.
  5. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 03:02
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'm suspecting that anything larger than 50x50 would cause you to have to upload your images to photobucket or someplace and provide a link to it, instead of uploading your images here. Would you all be as eager to have bigger avatars if that was the case?
    Absolutely.
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 05:46
    Originally posted by Raven69
    Why not?
    Larger avatars irritates and detracts from the forum.
    Many forums that allow larger avatars later become a competition to see who has the 'coolest' avatar, instead of concentrating on the material posted.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 07:25
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Many forums that allow larger avatars later become a competition to see who has the 'coolest' avatar, instead of concentrating on the material posted.
    granted and a good point but 80/80 isn't really a lot to ask for. at the moment you can't even see what a lot of the avatars are never mind have any 'competition' with them.

i really don't want anything bigger than 80/80 and i definitely don't want to be able to post an image in the forum text, we've both seen how retarded that can be in the conquer club forum and others i'm sure.

80/80 really wouldn't clutter up the forum either which is what i really wouldn't want it just allows everyone the chance to display their avatar of choice. we may as well not have one at the size they are now.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 07:39
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    how so? isn't the pic in our profiles 50/100 or something? in any case that is the way if used to be, i don't think anyone cares where the pic is coming from or how it gets on this site as long as they can see it.
  9. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 08:34
    It's a well known fact that nobody really read the contents of the posts.
    We're all here for the avatars. Hence, logic suggest we should have avatars
    in the size range of 800x800, to push the post content into the far right of
    the browser canvas so that we can sit back and enjoy each others avatars.

I've spoken. Make it so.
  10. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 22:551 edit
    Although I agree that we would not want to deteriorate the class A quality posts one often sees on RHP, I doubt slightly larger avatars would do so. Most forums have a 100x100 limit and I have yet to see it be more of a distraction from the material posted than a 50x50 avatar.
  11. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    12 Mar '09 04:52
    Originally posted by Raven69
    Although I agree that we would not want to deteriorate the class A quality posts one often sees on RHP...
    LMFAO! Excellent sarcasm, with just the right words for the proper delivery!

😡

I bow to you.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Mar '09 13:44
    so what's the difference between them and recs?
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '09 14:56
    Sounds sound to me.
    Let's keep the 50x50 avatars, it's enough in size..
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Mar '09 19:291 edit
    I don't see that as a bad thing, when looking over most of the material posted. πŸ˜‰

I would even change mine!
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Mar '09 21:01
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Sounds sound to me.
    Let's keep the 50x50 avatars, it's enough in size..
    what does mine say?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree