1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    14 Apr '18 20:11
    RHP should give money, prizes, or free subscriptions etc to RHP members if they create threads that have more than say 200 or 300 posts from more than 20 or so posters.

The thread starters are really the content creators on RHP...without them the site would be dead since most seem to agree the forums are what makes RHP unique.

So, how bout the odd kick back to your content drivers, Russ? πŸ˜€
  2. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Apr '18 02:39
    Originally posted by @uzless
    RHP should give money, prizes, or free subscriptions etc to RHP members if they create threads that have more than say 200 or 300 posts from more than 20 or so posters.

The thread starters are really the content creators on RHP...without them the site would be dead since most seem to agree the forums are what makes RHP unique.

This is a seriously dumb idea. Sorry, but look what content this approach gets in places like YouTube. Do we really need junk forums?
  3. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    15 Apr '18 04:16
    If the thread was junk it wouldn't have many people posting in it...no?
  4. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Apr '18 07:03
    If the thread was junk it wouldn't have many people posting in it...no?
    Your faith in your fellow man (read: anonymous poster who can create as many accounts as he likes) isn't borne out on any forum on this site. Go to Debates and you'll find 30 or 40 page trashy argument threads with no content whatsoever.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 Apr '18 07:41

This would lead to engines starting spam threads. Silly idea.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Apr '18 13:33

There was me thinking 'chess' was the main selling point of RHP.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Apr '18 16:22

I rec'd that down.
    Are you needy
    Or just greedy?
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 09:031 edit
    ...but which of my half dozen Ferraris will I sell to cover the increased costs?

Reveal Hidden Content
    This is most definitely a joke, just in case that wasn't absolutely obvious
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 15:111 edit

I think this is an excellent idea; I could add the commission to double 75p compensation for site outages which Russ still owes me from over the years... and incidentally the matter is in the hands of my lawyers.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 15:38
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I think this is an excellent idea; I could add the commission to double 75p compensation for site outages which Russ still owes me from over the years... and incidentally the matter is in the hands of my lawyers.
    RHP: the Facebook of chess websites.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 19:01
    Originally posted by @russ
    ...but which of my half dozen Ferraris will I sell to cover the increased costs?

[hidden]This is most definitely a joke, just in case that wasn't absolutely obvious[/hidden]
    The purple one. For the love of God, sell the purple one!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree