1. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    24 Feb '14 03:491 edit
    I know that, according to this FAQ, moves cannot be undone, even if both players are willing.

But what about a means by which the time controls for a game can be changed, if both players are willing? In other words, if I start a game with Person A with 7/7 time controls, and we both agree to change to 1/7 time controls half-way through, it seems reasonable enough to allow for this to happen.

I can see the need for exceptions to this rule for "special" games--tournaments, ladders, sieges, etc.--but there wouldn't seem to be a problem (to me at least) to allow this for "normal" games.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    24 Feb '14 13:57
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    I know that, according to this FAQ, moves cannot be undone, even if both players are willing.

But what about a means by which the time controls for a game can be changed, if both players are willing? In other words, if I start a game with Person A with 7/7 time controls, and we both agree to change to 1/7 time controls half-way through, ...[text shortened]... etc.--but there wouldn't seem to be a problem (to me at least) to allow this for "normal" games.
    The problme is probably how the game is administerd by the system.

But if you agree to move faster there shouldn't be any problem foing it on honour. The reverse case could prove a problem if you agree notz to time out and click the skull by accident...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree