1. Standard memberJeanTylerGabriel
    Philosopher's Gambit
    Moves
    11 May '13 01:47
    I just promoted a pawn since you updated the look and interface here. It automatically gave me a queen instead of giving me the option. A true chess master knows that a queen isn't the only desirable piece for promotion. Sometimes a knight is the proper piece to win the game.

You should bring back the ability to choose your promoted piece. Just like it was before.

This is only one of the few things about the new update that I don't agree with. But the rest are "cosmetic".
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    11 May '13 02:08
    Originally posted by JeanTylerGabriel
    I just promoted a pawn since you updated the look and interface here. It automatically gave me a queen instead of giving me the option. A true chess master knows that a queen isn't the only desirable piece for promotion. Sometimes a knight is the proper piece to win the game.

You should bring back the ability to choose your promoted piece. Ju ...[text shortened]... f the few things about the new update that I don't agree with. But the rest are "cosmetic".
    same in condtional moves
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    11 May '13 02:17
    Originally posted by JeanTylerGabriel

You should bring back the ability to choose your promoted piece. Ju ...[text shortened]... f the few things about the new update that I don't agree with. But the rest are "cosmetic".
    Queen is the default option, but you still have the choice. You need to make your choice from the dropdown menu before submitting the move, which is different from the sequence we had before.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 May '13 06:46
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Queen is the default option, but you still have the choice. You need to make your choice from the dropdown menu before submitting the move, which is different from the sequence we had before.
    the previous sequence included the bug, that if you didn't chose your p0iece you couldn't be timd out.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    11 May '13 07:11
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    the previous sequence included the bug, that if you didn't chose your p0iece you couldn't be timd out.
    I remember that, it was always bobbing up in the Help forum because the opponent wouldn't be able to move even though their timeclock was depleting. That's one problem the update has fixed, I like the new way much better.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree