1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 00:30
    Is there a way to turn it off? It really bugs me and messes me up.
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 01:31
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    agreed. I dont need to see what piece moved last, I do it as if it were a position in a book that said "white to move"

the 2 extra green squares harm calc a bit.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 05:28
    I'm using Olive Grove board and it's barely noticeable on that colour.
  4. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 06:17
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I think it's quite useful - I don't think I will remember without it. Do you mean you could still recall the opponent's last move?
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 14:23
    Originally posted by lolof
    I think it's quite useful - I don't think I will remember without it. Do you mean you could still recall the opponent's last move?
    You don't need to know the last move to 'play the position'.

Evaluating a position on the board eliminates "What is this guy up to with that last move". That can be distracting from the position of the board. When you solve a puzzle often you do not know what the last move was.

I like to know what the last move was, and this probably gets me in trouble sometimes because I'm concentrating on what that last piece moved might be up to... and what's really going to happen has nothing to do with the piece just moved.
  6. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 14:53
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    You don't need to know the last move to 'play the position'.

Evaluating a position on the board eliminates "What is this guy up to with that last move". That can be distracting from the position of the board. When you solve a puzzle often you do not know what the last move was.

I like to know what the last move was, and this probably gets me in tro ...[text shortened]... up to... and what's really going to happen has nothing to do with the piece just moved.
    Yes, I guess you are right - it's just me, trying to get the whole picture, especially if that last move was unexpected. 🙂
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 18:10
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I'm using Olive Grove board and it's barely noticeable on that colour.
    I might try that thanks 🙂
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 18:121 edit
    Originally posted by lolof
    It is nice to know what was moved etc. I just wish I could turn it off after I initially view the board. Similar to Phlab's view, for some reason then all I think is his last move was so and so rather than viewing the position.
  9. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 03:28
    Yes, please!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree