Remove the Clan forum
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    28 Mar '13 00:59
    Originally posted by johnyg
    Remove the Clan forum
    I think if it was going to be closed, it would have done so at its 'height'...after all, it's far too tame now 😉
  3. Standard memberjohnyg
    Metallica is weak
    better then here!
    Moves
    28 Mar '13 02:56
    I'd provide good reasons for my suggestion, but I don't want the thread just removed..
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    28 Mar '13 14:58
    I'd provide good reasons for my suggestion, but I don't want the thread just removed..
    You know the 'terms and conditions' here, but my rule of thumb is simple; as long as you don't directly name someone, or 'overly imply' some form of impropriety that directly links these person(s) to something OR link it to someone else that's equally engaged in 'dodgy doings' here, then you'd keep the moderators happy here lol...
    Maybe and perhaps 😉 ...but seriously, you're as entitled as anyone else to complain or ask for change, but sometimes it's best to just send your thoughts to 'feedback'...but we've all been there !

Crikey, I should have been a lawyer 😀
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    28 Mar '13 21:27
    Remove the Clan forum
    and ban all who post there.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 00:05
    But you just said...

Oh. You mean you don't want *this* thread removed.

So it's a 'punish them, not me' kind of thing.

I'd be happy if the Clans forum posts were removed from the "Recommended" posts list. That way, I wouldn't have to read them unless I actually went wading in there. I normally stay away from open sewers. But I'm aware some call it home. I'm against any form of stifling free speech, so I say live and let live. But let's keep the contents of that forum from occasionally flowing out where we can all see it, just because a bunch of little boys think it's cool. Hurr-hurr.
  7. Standard memberjohnyg
    Metallica is weak
    better then here!
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 15:13
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    You know the 'terms and conditions' here, but my rule of thumb is simple; as long as you don't directly name someone, or 'overly imply' some form of impropriety that directly links these person(s) to something OR link it to someone else that's equally engaged in 'dodgy doings' here, then you'd keep the moderators happy here lol...
    Maybe and perhaps 😉 . ...[text shortened]... 'feedback'...but we've all been there !

Crikey, I should have been a lawyer 😀
    I've found that without violating the TOS or forum posting guidelines my site suggestions have been removed on more then one occasion. So I'm not sure exactly what I can and can't say while suggesting an idea for the site. Sadly while I've been referred to send feedback a few times now, I've found that does less then posting here and have the suggestion removed. At least posting here a few will see the suggestion and maybe re-suggest later and have better luck not having it removed. The feedback button seems to go directly to the trash.
  8. Standard memberjohnyg
    Metallica is weak
    better then here!
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 15:25
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But you just said...

Oh. You mean you don't want *this* thread removed.

So it's a 'punish them, not me' kind of thing.

I'd be happy if the Clans forum posts were removed from the "Recommended" posts list. That way, I wouldn't have to read them unless I actually went wading in there. I normally stay away from open sewers. But I'm aware some call ...[text shortened]... we can all see it, just because a bunch of little boys think it's cool. Hurr-hurr.
    Yes I don't want this thread removed... It's nothing to do with punishing anyone, I just think its time for the clan forum to be removed.. Whatever benefit it might have had it has long since been overrun by the day to day crap that has been filling it the last year. The Mods threatened to remove it a few months ago, I'm simply encouraging them to follow-through.

The idea of removing it from the "Recommended" posts list is an interesting one, but I'm sure some who don't frequent the clans forum use that to keep up with the trash from time to time.. like watching some bazar insult comics.

Perhaps a better idea is to allow each user to select or de-select what forums they want to see in the "recommended" post list.
  9. Joined
    01 Jan '12
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 11:561 edit
    Yes I don't want this thread removed... It's nothing to do with punishing anyone, I just think its time for the clan forum to be removed.. Whatever benefit it might have had it has long since been overrun by the day to day crap that has been filling it the last year. The Mods threatened to remove it a few months ago, I'm simply encouraging them to follow-thro ser to select or de-select what forums they want to see in the "recommended" post list.
    Clan discussion would be good in a clan forum. However The clan forum is not responsible for the content in it.
    Certain individuals have abused it for far to long, and got away with it.

Taunt, goad or ridicule rival clans, or just discuss this team based feature.
    They (the offenders) see the description above and interpret it as anything goes. somehow they replace the word clan in the description with the word personal, so to them they read into it that personal insults and personal name calling is acceptable.

More to the point if anything should be removed, remove permanently offenders that push all the boundaries, they ruin it for everyone else, Binoculars are not necessary as these individuals are not hard to spot.

and secondly if anything else should be removed then remove the first half of the description Taunt, goad or ridicule rival clans, so that no longer do they (the offenders) have an excuse to misinterpret the meaning.
  10. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    10 Apr '13 23:53
    Originally posted by GoodKnight2U
    Clan discussion would be good in a clan forum. However The clan forum is not responsible for the content in it.
    Certain individuals have abused it for far to long, and got away with it.

[b]Taunt, goad or ridicule rival clans, or just discuss this team based feature.

They (the offenders) see the description above and interpret it as anything go ...[text shortened]... lans,[/b] so that no longer do they (the offenders) have an excuse to misinterpret the meaning.[/b]
    I agree.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree