1. Standard memberyavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    Up North!
    Moves
    28 Mar '13 21:44
    are there any rules or guidelines on what people can post as an avatar? i have seen some that could be seen as inappropriate especially as there are children using the site.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Mar '13 23:501 edit
    Originally posted by yavash
    are there any rules or guidelines on what people can post as an avatar? i have seen some that could be seen as inappropriate especially as there are children using the site.
    I imagine that 'inappropriate-ness' is in the eyes of the administrators.

I'd say if it gets removed, then it's inappropriate. If it doesn't, then it's not, regardless of your feelings on the matter.

If you think they're not doing their job, feel free to alert them to those you think are not appropriate. Just be aware that it's their decision, not yours.
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 05:23
    If someone is using \ displaying a fondness for such avatars, then surely they won;t mind a link to their profile here...It would be interesting to see what other people 'make' of them, perhaps they're not so 'inappropriate' to many here ?
  4. Joined
    01 Jan '12
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 09:091 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne

I'd say if it gets removed, then it's inappropriate. If it doesn't, then it's not, regardless of your feelings on the matter.

If you think they're not doing their job, feel free to alert them to those you think are not appropriate. Just be aware that it's their decision, not yours.
    Well 'inappropriate-ness' is obviously in the original posters eyes also that's why he raised the subject to begin with Suzianne.
    He has obviously seen avatars that would be inappropriate for a website such as this, I don't know which ones he is talking about, but if he say's he has seen inappropriate avatars I find no reason to doubt him.
    So just because the administrators of this site don't see the avatars he is talking about and therefore haven't remove them doesn't make it any more appropriate.

in fact Suzianne your reply doesn't make sense, let me give you an example. An axe murder finds his behaviour appropriate but everyone else knows he is out of his mind and his behaviour is inappropriate (its not a matter of debate, his behaviour is either right or wrong even though he gets away with it). and people should stop trying to distort right from wrong.
    He continues to do what is wrong, so your agreeing with the axe murderer when he says to you, "In my eyes murdering people with an axe is appropriate regardless of your feelings on the matter Suzianne."
  5. Standard memberyavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    Up North!
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 10:36
    i don't imagine for one minute that moderators here will be checking avatars given the previous debates regarding forum moderation.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 11:05

Nevermind avatars, is that you in your profile pic?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 23:15
    Originally posted by GoodKnight2U
    Well 'inappropriate-ness' is obviously in the original posters eyes also that's why he raised the subject to begin with Suzianne.
    He has obviously seen avatars that would be inappropriate for a website such as this, I don't know which ones he is talking about, but if he say's he has seen inappropriate avatars I find no reason to doubt him.
    So just b ...[text shortened]... eople with an axe is appropriate regardless of your feelings on the matter Suzianne."
    What does make sense is that the administrators of this site have the final say on what is appropriate and what is not. Individual users opinions don't mean much unless they complain, and even then, they may not mean much. So you can have your own opinion on what is or is not appropriate all day long, but nothing will be done unless the administrators also feel it's inappropriate. Period.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 23:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Nevermind avatars, is that you in your profile pic?
    um, yeah... so what?

Although it is approx. 3 years old now.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '13 01:51
    um, yeah... so what?

Although it is approx. 3 years old now.
    Funny that was the same pic you had 5 years ago... clearly fake and the reason for 'suzisaman'.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 00:241 edit
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Funny that was the same pic you had 5 years ago... clearly fake and the reason for 'suzisaman'.
    My, time flies.

I doubt you show as much precision in your own life.

3 years, 5 years, geeeeez, what an absolutely huge difference.

Troll on, genius, troll on.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 16:53
    i don't imagine for one minute that moderators here will be checking avatars given the previous debates regarding forum moderation.
    They have time to look at EVERY profile on this site? That's over 20000!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree