1. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    03 Dec '18 03:25
    If I google “play chess online” from my ipad there are zero hits for rhp in the first two pages. Does everyone else get the same?
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Dec '18 06:081 edit
    @Russ

Startpage.com does not list RHP even as deep as page six of search results.

Yahoo ditto.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Dec '18 13:232 edits
    @iamatiger said
    If I google “play chess online” from my ipad there are zero hits for rhp in the first two pages. Does everyone else get the same?
    Try "chess red hot pawn "!

"Play chess online" is another chess site.

-VR
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Dec '18 20:39
    @very-rusty said
    Try "chess red hot pawn "!

"Play chess online" is another chess site.

-VR
    A person who does not already know of RHP would not search for "red hot pawn"; "play chess online" is a generic search phrase which should return results listing RHP (among others). Russ needs to do some fine tuning with search engines.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    04 Dec '18 05:47
    I see it on Page 4 of Google.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Dec '18 09:55
    A change of site name (a rebrand) would help enormously with SEO. Something I have considered for this very reason so many times over the years - but that would be a very contentious option.

I do have a plan to mitigate the problem somewhat though.
  7. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    04 Dec '18 10:011 edit
    @Russ
    Found rhp on the 7th page from my android phone this am.

I wonder if we could improve the ranking somewhat ourselves: Perhaps we could access rhp by googling “play chess online” finding rhp, and following the link to play chess.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Dec '18 10:25
    It is not something an individual could change. Further links out on the web to RHP are the one thing that REALLY helps with search - particularly if they are well ranked themselves on similar search terms.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    05 Dec '18 10:21
    @russ said
    It is not something an individual could change. Further links out on the web to RHP are the one thing that REALLY helps with search - particularly if they are well ranked themselves on similar search terms.
    @Russ
    There are companies which, for a fee, will improve your ranking in order to drive more visitors to your site. But, I suppose you know that.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 13:452 edits
    I typed in Chess Sites in google then 10 best sites from list and redhotpawn came up 7th on the list one behind Gameknot. I think showing up in the top 10 is excellent. It is always about "what" you type in your search

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree