1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 20:002 edits
    What is the point of them?

For example I'm a dark gold star and Greenpawn is a light gold. Is this indicating that I am in some way a more valued contributor to rhp? I doubt very much that I am, but I've made 40k+ moves and GP has only made 7k+ moves. And....?

Just asking, just saying; in the new world and new look rhp (which is a brilliant site we all know), I just think the rational for who gets what colour star should either be reviewed or possibly scrapped.

Thoughts.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 22:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What is the point of them?

For example I'm a dark gold star and Greenpawn is a light gold. Is this indicating that I am in some way a more valued contributor to rhp? I doubt very much that I am, but I've made 40k+ moves and GP has only made 7k+ moves. And....?

Just asking, just saying; in the new world and new look rhp (which is a brilliant site w ...[text shortened]... nal for who gets what colour star should either be reviewed or possibly scrapped.

Thoughts.
    Rankings of some kind appear in a lot of websites, particularly in forums, and many of them indicate nothing more than a level of past activity, as the RHP star does. Perhaps there could be 2 or 3 levels for this and a different symbol for people who achieve other goals.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Apr '13 21:041 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Rankings of some kind appear in a lot of websites, particularly in forums, and many of them indicate nothing more than a level of past activity, as the RHP star does. Perhaps there could be 2 or 3 levels for this and a different symbol for people who achieve other goals.
    See, you have a dark gold star which is incongruent with your cat avatar. Everyone knows cat avatars are so five years ago.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 04:253 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    See, you have a dark gold star which is incongruent with your cat avatar. Everyone knows cat avatars are so five years ago.
    My cat avatars are stored and recycled, I abhor waste. What's your excuse for frequent changes? (and my star's actually red, you must be colour-blind)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree