1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    08 Mar '14 23:47
    How about having them start automatically 2 weeks after they are posted 336 hrs. Later?
  2. Joined
    05 Mar '14
    Moves
    09 Mar '14 11:40
    Yes, having a pre decided date (auto start) is definitely a good idea. However, it does not matter at this point for non subscribers. May be it will not be a bad idea if non subscribers are allowed to participate in atleast 1 active tournament at a time, and the particular tournament games should not be included in the 6 concurrent game limit which non subscribers have.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    09 Mar '14 19:22
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    How about having them start automatically 2 weeks after they are posted 336 hrs. Later?
    This could create a situation where players get a bye in the first round.
    For example:-
    Group size -2
    Entrants afters 2 weeks -51
    The tournament starts automatically
    There would have to be 13 byes and 19 games in round 1 to make an even number of players(32) for round 2.
    Even if you accept "the luck of the draw" when recieving a bye, it would mean extra coding for Russ and co.
    Don't think it's likely to happen.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    10 Mar '14 13:57
    Originally posted by venda
    This could create a situation where players get a bye in the first round.
    For example:-
    Group size -2
    Entrants afters 2 weeks -51
    The tournament starts automatically
    There would have to be 13 byes and 19 games in round 1 to make an even number of players(32) for round 2.
    Even if you accept "the luck of the draw" when recieving a bye, it would mean extra coding for Russ and co.
    Don't think it's likely to happen.
    No byes. Bigger groups have been done yet. So if end up with an odd number in a duel (e.g. by draws) you get one group of three players.

Coding a fixed starting date should be a piece of cake:

Add a date to the internal header of an open tournament.
    Program a small tool that checks the dates after each day and starts the tournament in the same way as if it was going inot the next round.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    10 Mar '14 14:00
    Originally posted by Geminiash
    ...cut... May be it will not be a bad idea if non subscribers are allowed to participate in atleast 1 active tournament at a time, and the particular tournament games should not be included in the 6 concurrent game limit which non subscribers have.
    Two ideas actually.

I could support the idea to let non-subs take part in duels (and duels only).

But I would keep two games blocked until they are out.

So non-subs could taste tournament air (and the lomng wait for some of them to progress) but they would still have an incentive to subscribe. If they end up in a group of three they would also have two "bonus" games.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    10 Mar '14 16:22
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    No byes. Bigger groups have been done yet. So if end up with an odd number in a duel (e.g. by draws) you get one group of three players.

Coding a fixed starting date should be a piece of cake:

Add a date to the internal header of an open tournament.
    Program a small tool that checks the dates after each day and starts the tournament in the same way as if it was going inot the next round.
    Yes ditto I guess he's never seen a tournament with five people with one group of three and one group of two?
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    10 Mar '14 16:45
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Yes ditto I guess he's never seen a tournament with five people with one group of three and one group of two?
    He has seen tournaments with different group sizes and also the notice "group size may vary due to number of entrants".
    He(I) just forgot about it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree