1. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 15:36
    RHP subscribers protect themselves in a Vacation mode without informing non-subscribed players. This I feel is a nasty idea in RHP, unless a proper intimation to non-subscribers is sent on the opponent Vacation date. No hold for non-subscribers on vacation and had to wait for days for the game to get over..sick??

Friends your thoughts please?

If this continues I prefer looking for an alternative than RHP.
  2. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 18:06
    Hiya
    This has been discussed many times. It is an advantage that subscribers get, to use or not as they chose.
    As most of your games are 3-0, a fair assumption is that you will log on within 3 days of your vacationning opponent's move, and not miss a thing.

You are informed by the little aeroplane sign that your opponent may not move in the normal time.

Given that, what would you like to change? What is the idea for improvement?

Cheers,
    G
  3. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 03:39
    Thanks G. Sadly the advantage you meant to Sub, is greatly a disadvantage to non-subs (I noticed lately). I prefer at least to be intimated by the opponent/site (on vacation period, etc) when a Vacation flag is set to safeguard their time outs, though I still believe shielding behind a vacation is not a fair thing in chess and especially here, as the game limit of non-subs is just 6.
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 01:31
    i agree with you and have expressed the same views several times. A few modifications have been recommended that would quite fairly and easily balance the bar, at least partially.

(1) simply post the scheduled vacation time (with a return date)
    (2) if returning earlier than scheduled, notice sent to opponents
    (3) (optional enhancement, but more complicated) no moves during vacation periods (don't personally favor this one, but it would be an equally balanced game)

It is mildly annoying that at least (1) and (2) aren't adopted.

It remains the burden of this inherent inequality that we subscribers must endure this in shame.
  5. Here
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 07:31
    Originally posted by coquette
    i agree with you and have expressed the same views several times. A few modifications have been recommended that would quite fairly and easily balance the bar, at least partially.

(1) simply post the scheduled vacation time (with a return date)
    (2) if returning earlier than scheduled, notice sent to opponents
    (3) (optional enhancement, but more complic ...[text shortened]... It remains the burden of this inherent inequality that we subscribers must endure this in shame.
    Another answer is become a subscriber
  6. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 10:23
    Chess is a fair game with at most respect for time, and becoming a subscriber for this very reason makes no sense.
  7. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 20:21
    Originally posted by ayyappan
    Chess is a fair game with at most respect for time, and becoming a subscriber for this very reason makes no sense.
    i don't understand your view of this at all. subscribing makes sense, as you get more games. vacation time is permitted to subscribers, as they may have so many games in progress, and they have their monetary investment at risk. nonsubscribers have a maximum of only six games and no monetary loss at stake. Don't exxagerate. It only detracts from the validity of the argument for announced vacation periods and announced returns.
  8. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 04:37
    No detraction here on the intimations, and I was telling that I dont want to be a subscriber for the very reason that I can go for extended TOs without respecting non-subs time as non-subs can play only limited games..

RHP can just simply say for subscribers there will be no TOs, rather than leaving the non-subs in the dark

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree