1. Joined
    06 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 00:35
    What was so brilliant about the rec count system anyway?
  2. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 00:408 edits
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    This is a pirate one.
    ...either of the first two posts, say, got 500 recs, we would have a clear idea about what people think.

Think about if the first one sets a record of "a post that is recommended most" in RHP history.

It would be cool.

So, this is a rebelious poll. It's a different idea. It's not Russ poll, he would not offer one I assume.

Save your valuable points because nobody need yours. You are just average anybody on the curb who does what he is told to. This comment goes to leisurelysloth and reader1107.
  3. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 00:491 edit
    Originally posted by Irax
    A better question would be why there was one in the first place?

Once the brain is intorduced with a new idea, it can never go back to its original form. 😉
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 05:55
    Originally posted by Irax
    See User 142698
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 06:06
    Originally posted by reader1107
    While I would like to see the recs return, I don't want to waste one of my precious ten recs on this thread. And no, this isn't a democracy, nor should it be. I know the effort I put in keeping my school's piddly web site going and growing, and I'd be furious if some student decided to take a survey and then demand that I act according to the results of ...[text shortened]... d the time and effort and money that Russ and company do, then you can help make the rules.
    If your students were paying you a yearly fee would that affect your way of thinking?

Just wondering. 🙂
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 06:09
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    See User 142698
    But a lot of his posts were entertaining or humourous.

Since the removal of recs he and lots of other worthy forumites have stopped participating.

QED
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 10:24
    Hey Gino, you've been here since January this year, well after the rec counts were removed. What was your username back when the rec count was around?
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 11:25
    The rec system was brilliant.
    I'm all for the reintroduction of it.
    And for the addition of the anti-rec system, so that you can give someone a neg-rec for being an idiot.
  9. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 12:06
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    And for the addition of the anti-rec system, so that you can give someone a neg-rec for being an idiot.
    Isn't that what people used to get recs for?
  10. Hoagy's Alley
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 12:57
    rec count - i rec'd the anti post because i think the forums have improved since it went.

(democracy, incidentally - hello, this is not a country, this is a chess website.)
  11. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateâ„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 13:31
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    But a lot of his posts were entertaining or humourous.

Since the removal of recs he and lots of other worthy forumites have stopped participating.

QED
    At least 60% of his Rec's came from Trains44 and some other subscriber recommending nearly EVERY post he made for months.
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 14:33
    As it is it looks like people don't want the rec count back.

The easy reason is: it was used not in the intended manner. It's kind of nice if people see a rec as a recommendation of themselves, but it is peverted if people are posting for the sole reason of getting a recommendation.

The recommendation should people lead to interesting well thought and informative posts. They pointed people to posts which mostly were sarcastic, idiotic, solipsistic and without refernce to chess .

I spend one of mine for your thread Gino, so that your personal count can go up (why don't you get a thread rolling, where is a list with the recs you got? That would be something to do for you.

Cheers
  13. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 16:039 edits
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Hey Gino, you've been here since January this year, well after the rec counts were removed. What was your username back when the rec count was around?
    See Thread 62800
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '07 04:07
    Originally posted by darvlay
    No, it doesn't.
    ahh, of course...
    how could i have forgotten that letting one man have total control of his land is better than dividing the power amongst the citizens...
    of course, in america...
    democracy doesn't work because of corrupt politicians
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Feb '07 12:24
    Originally posted by Ian68
    Isn't that what people used to get recs for?
    No, they got recs for bashing idiocy.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree