Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. 04 Nov '09 10:17
    Yes, I know...because it's free.

Hmmm. Sometimes even when something is free it needs to provide *something* approximating a decent user experience. They sell advertising space there, for example.

Vey poor. Chris and Russ - are you listening? If you can't maintain the site - shut it down.
  2. Standard member zozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    04 Nov '09 12:09
    Originally posted by Credit Crunch

Hmmm. Sometimes even when something is free it needs to provide *something* approximating a decent user experience. They sell advertising space there, for example.

Vey poor. Chris and Russ - are you listening? If you can't maintain the site - shut it down.
    lol, great "Site Idea"...
    Im sorry, the admins are not listening. They dont only have dollar (/pound) signs in thier eyes, but ears also;(
  3. 04 Nov '09 13:03

Who are you
  4. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    04 Nov '09 20:30 / 1 edit
    ========================================
    THREAD CLOSED
  5. 04 Nov '09 20:59
    UChess still exists?
  6. 04 Nov '09 21:00
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    THREAD CLOSED
    Even though it'd be free, you still cannot punch me in the face.
  7. 04 Nov '09 21:02 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    Even though it'd be free, you still cannot punch me in the face.
    Punching someone in the face isn't free.

It usually comes with an assault charge, legal fees, a fine and lost wages in community service or jail time.
  8. Standard member zozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    04 Nov '09 21:15
    Originally posted by darvlay

It usually comes with an assault charge, legal fees, a fine and lost wages in community service or jail time.
    Speaking out of experience "hug machine"?:p
  9. 04 Nov '09 21:25
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    Speaking out of experience "hug machine"?:p
    Nope.
  10. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    06 Nov '09 02:08

Not if done properly.

You have much to learn grasshopper.
  11. 06 Nov '09 12:15
    What a bizarre point of view!
    If you don't like it then don't go to the site. The only thing it can cost anyone is 30 seconds of time while they realise it is not for them. If this is your reaction to Uchess then move on and never darken its doorway again. If you like it then go back. Problem solved.

We could get all Zen about this: "Does a website exist if you don't visit it?". Just pretend it doesn't.
  12. 09 Nov '09 16:21 / 1 edit

an "assault" is the threat of a battery.

a "battery" is to actually hit someone.

this difference is noted from an old case in england where one squire approaches another and states that "if it were not assize time ( the time to hear lawsuits and such ) i would draw my sword" ( not an exact quote ). the threatened fraidy cat
    other squire brought charges of battery and the court decided that battery never took place as no one was hit and as to assault ( the words of threat of battery ) they did not take place in that case as the defendant used conditional words ( if it were NOT assize time i would draw my sword ). this history is from the law cases edited by lord coke.
  13. 09 Nov '09 17:32
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    this history is from the law cases edited by lord coke.
    Who care what some lord on crack thinks?
  14. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    09 Nov '09 17:52
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    Who care what some lord on crack thinks?
  15. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    11 Nov '09 15:42 / 4 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Why are you interested? Do you have a reason for asking the question or are you just being a butthead?

As you yourself said someone else does your punching for you. Why does that not surprise me?

Are you looking for boxing lessons. Now that I could provide for you little guy.

Or the martial arts if you feel a little more energetic. Always here to lend a helping hand to the little guy.