1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 22:26
    Originally posted by CalJust
    The basic fallacy of this OP - which should be obvious to all, but clearly is not - is that the words [b] desired destination and right road or defined differently and subjectively by each of the 100 people walking.

Just imagine what the state of the world would be, if we all, instead of claiming that ONLY MY road is the correct one, and kill ...[text shortened]... we have chosen different paths, I wish you well on your journey. May you find peace and joy.[/i][/b]
    Friend, although we have chosen different paths, I wish you well on your journey. May you find peace and joy.

Doesn't this presume that "peace and joy" are the "desired destination"?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 22:33
    Originally posted by Eladar
    According to Jesus the road to hell is wide and many are on it, while the road to salvation is narrow and few are on it.

Who do you think is a better authority? I'd say you believe you which would put you in the company of many.
    I'm a loner, walk my own spiritual path.

"According to jesus"... were you recording.
    After watching a doco on the wild west, only 200 less years ago, it seems history very was grossly inaccurate.
    What makes yo think that words from 2000 years have any clout? Whether they were from jC or not?
    C'mon , surely you can't swallow that without a dose of scepticism. (And if you can't you are a contender for a brainwashed person)
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 22:35
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I prefer to drive. Its faster.
    And worse for the planet, and possibly your divinity, But I suspect that doesn't phase you
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 22:38
    This thread was meant for christians who believe that we do nothing in salvation.

Jesus is the road we must walk. Without Jesus our walking does nothing.
    Is that Jesus Boulevard or JC Way? 😀
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 22:441 edit
    According to Jesus the road to hell is wide and many are on it, while the road to salvation is narrow and few are on it.

Who do you think is a better authority? I'd say you believe you which would put you in the company of many.
    BTW the threat of hell elicits no response from me, especially not a fearful one. A few loll's , but no , fear mongering people with lies,specially to children is deplorabel
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 22:461 edit
    Originally posted by roigam
    Can we trust our conscience if it is not Bible trained?
    Can we trust our brains if we are only bible trained?
  7. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 09:04
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]Friend, although we have chosen different paths, I wish you well on your journey. May you find peace and joy.

Doesn't this presume that "peace and joy" are the "desired destination"?[/b]
    Not necessarily. It is only the suggestion - and wish - of the hypothetical speaker.

Others may wish for other things, e.g. enlightenment, serenity (although Iguess that would also be peace). But chose your own direction, just don't impose it on the 99 others.

Interesting, though, that all major religions feature both peaceful aspects as well as violence. And almost without fail the extremeists on all sides have chosen to advance the path of violence.
  8. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 10:06
    Before this thread sinks inevitably into oblivion, I would like to ask you, dear Eladar, whether you wish to dispute the fallacy that I pointed out in your OP.
  9. Joined
    03 Nov '15
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 23:39
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Given that only one out of a hundred are doing so, clearly you a not required to do any such thing. I'll pick the road I like, thank you, not whatever road you think is the 'right' road.
    Just wanted to point out how awesome this is. Thank you.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 02:30
    Originally posted by JakeChess
    Just wanted to point out how awesome this is. Thank you.
    How awesome what is? No one says people are not allowed to choose a road to hell.

Of course we all have the choice.

But the question of the thread is walking the right road work? I think the answer is obvious..... no
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 02:34
    How awesome what is? No one says people are not allowed to choose a road to hell.

But the question of the thread is walking the right road work? I think the answer is obvious..... no
    So you believe in hell?
    (The "eternal torture" version of it)

Just to be clear I believe in a kind of purgatory, and we are in it
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 02:44
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So you believe in hell?
    (The "eternal torture" version of it)

Just to be clear I believe in a kind of purgatory, and we are in it
    I take Jesus at his word.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 02:46
    I take Jesus at his word.
    Please answer more clearly.

Hell. Torture for eternity, yes or no?

Yes or No. Please.

JC said a lot of things
  14. Joined
    03 Nov '15
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 02:511 edit

Allow me to explain this to you.

Some people live in fear of a scary place that you go to if you don't follow all the little arbitrary rules set forth in an ancient work of fiction that's been translated and re-translated countless times.

Other people believe that living in fear isn't a healthy or intelligent way to live. So these people decide to do what makes them happy and actually enjoy the finite amount of time they have on this earth.

What says the road in question is being born in the exact place and time to be exposed to the exact modern variation of the ancient religion that will get them out of the scary place? The exact variation of the ancient desert storybook out of the countless translations?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 13:52
    Originally posted by JakeChess
    Allow me to explain this to you.

Some people live in fear of a scary place that you go to if you don't follow all the little arbitrary rules set forth in an ancient work of fiction that's been translated and re-translated countless times.

Other people believe that living in fear isn't a healthy or intelligent way to live. So these people decide to do ...[text shortened]... ry place? The exact variation of the ancient desert storybook out of the countless translations?
    If they are only doing it because they are afraid of going to hell, then they are not escaping anyone.

Glad to have been able to explain that to you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree