1. Colorado
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 07:061 edit
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    Oh and powershaker -

Don't forget to start including each of the following in your posts, at least once and make SURE they are in all caps...

JESUS CHRIST
    THE HOLY SPIRIT!
    GOD

and last but certainly not least -

THE WORD OF GOD!
    Why on earth would you ask for that all over again? 😕
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 07:08
    Originally posted by powershaker
    It totally behooves me why people doubt the Bible.
    Are you saying that it gets your goat? (LMAO BTW)
  3. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 07:10
    What science says in the genome project: http://www.genomenewsnetwork.org/articles/04_00/seven_women.shtml

How much more proof does one need?
    Hmmm...

This study also says this applies to Europeans... and that they are the founding mothers over the last 8000 - 45000 years.

How is this proof of the Bible?

And why do you need scientific proof? I though it was a matter of faith?

If you insist on using science... well, it's not a definitive tome, but try this for starters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve
  4. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 10:32
    It totally behooves me why people doubt the Bible. Lately, scientists have discovered - through mitochondrial DNA - that all Europeans were the descendants of "seven" mothers. For the Christian, this holds much weight, for if you do a little research like I have done, you might come to realize that the seven mothers(http://www.genomenewsnetwork.org/art ...[text shortened]... ssing.

So, go ahead and doubt. Jesus is the "King of Kings and Lord of Lords!"
    And those seven mothers were descendants of...

http://www.thebody.com/schoofs/dna.html
  5. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 20:32
    Originally posted by PawnCurry
    Hmmm...

This study also says this applies to Europeans... and that they are the founding mothers over the last 8000 - 45000 years.

If you insist on using science... well, it's not a definitive tome, but try this for starters.

I'm saying that it's ironic that there are 7 matriarchs in the scriptures and there are 7 matriarchs in the genome of Europeans? Coincidence? I think not!
  6. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 20:50
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    Funny, this is the second time I have read one of your posts in which you call someone ignorant...is this some sort of witnessing technique I missed during my days at the church?

F is for Fo'Shizzle

TheSkipper
    No, it just makes me mad when people doubt the Word of God when it's right before their eyes - in science no less. But, I shouldn't have said that. I do apologize.
  7. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 20:52
    Originally posted by PawnCurry
    Hmmm...

Because, It is worth also noting that the full number of matriarchs and patriarchs (which includes also Esav-Esau and Yishma’el-Ishmael) is a dozen, because, as we shall repeatedly observe, the Torah believes in “The Principle of the Dozen”, as determining the full blessing. Now, it pretty logical that if the 7 were of the 12, then the ones left over after the twelve were destroyed in the flood. That could be a possibility. Anyway, science again doesn't disprove the Bible.
  8. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 20:53
    Originally posted by stocken
    And those seven mothers were descendants of...

http://www.thebody.com/schoofs/dna.html
    So, how does that change the fact that there are "seven mothers' mentioned in the scriptures and they found seven mothers in the bloodline of 6,000 different European descendants? Didn't God take them by "sevens" according to the Noah story? Hello! Praise Jesus!
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 20:54
    I'm saying that it's ironic that there are 7 matriarchs in the scriptures and there are 7 matriarchs in the genome of Europeans? Coincidence? I think not!
    Snow White had seven Dwarves too. So What?
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 21:21
    No, it just makes me mad when people doubt the Word of God when it's right before their eyes - in science no less. But, I shouldn't have said that. I do apologize.
    There is no scientific proof for the word of god, and there never will be. All you have is your wishful thinking.
  11. Belfast
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 21:48
    Do you know what irony is?
  12. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 21:534 edits
    So, how does that change the fact that there are "seven mothers' mentioned in the scriptures and they found seven mothers in the bloodline of 6,000 different European descendants? Didn't God take them by "sevens" according to the Noah story? Hello! Praise Jesus!
    Look at the dates and compare with the knowledge you have about the bible. If you're going to use scientific data to "prove" the bible correct, you must also accept scientific data that "disproves" the bible. Otherwise you're only relying on make-believe, which is certainly not enough to go about calling people stupid for not believing what you do.

The bible says that the first man was Adam and the first woman was Eve. The bible also goes to great lenghts (tedious reading by the way) describing how everyone is descendants of those two (including your seven mothers). But science shows that all humans of today in one way or another descend from the bush people of the kalahari (120,000 or so years ago - way before those seven mothers of yours).

Care to fit that into the bible?

[Edit]

I'd just like to add that I'm not trying to make you disbelieve the bible. Even if the bible can't be taken literally, there's still the possibility that most of it is true on a human level. Read the bible as consisting of stories to help you understand the message of God - the word of God, if you will, and it can still hold great value to you. You don't have to prove that everything in the bible is consistent with the physical reality and history of mankind. The details are unimportant. It's the message that should matter to anyone who believes. This is the very definition of a believer. You don't know. You believe. And the bible is a book you use to guide you in spiritual matters.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 23:09
    It totally behooves me why people doubt the Bible. Lately, scientists have discovered - through mitochondrial DNA - that all Europeans were the descendants of "seven" mothers. For the Christian, this holds much weight, for if you do a little research like I have done, you might come to realize that the seven mothers(http://www.genomenewsnetwork.org/art ...[text shortened]... ssing.

Using DNA tracking is only guesswork. It requires that the rate of mutation is constant (when we know that it random and while it tends to follow a constant rate, it might not). An effective way to validate your opinion would be to compare mitochondrial DNA with Y chromosome DNA (i suppose the male equivalent). If both methods derived the same origin at the same time (i.e. we found that the males ancestry coincided with the females [the seven matriarchs are you call them]) we might infer that a great flood was responsible (as you say). However that would only prove that the science is only compatible with the biblical account. Its certainly a long way from a proof.
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    01 Feb '06 11:24
    Originally posted by stocken
    (tedious reading by the way)
    Very effective mantra material. Nothing's going to numb you into trance better than chanting a really long genealogy in a monotone.
  15. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    01 Feb '06 13:10

It behooves me that people like you are allowed to co-exist with the rest of humanity. Someone remind me why raving lunatics are still allowed out in public.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree