1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 07:44
    Picard E10 S01

Picard: "You want to die?"

Data: "Not exactly. I want to live - however briefly - knowing my life is finite. Mortality gives meaning to human life. Peace, love, friendship, these are precious because we know they cannot endure. A butterfly that lives forever is really not a butterfly at all."
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 12:27
    @fmf said
    Picard E10 S01

Data: "Not exactly. I want to live - however briefly - knowing my life is finite. Mortality gives meaning to human life. Peace, love, friendship, these are precious because we know they cannot endure. A butterfly that lives forever is really not a butterfly at all."
    The idea being floated here would also fit, albeit tongue-in-cheek, into Thread 184612
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 12:27
    @fmf said
    Picard E10 S01
    On a side note, how would you rate this series?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 12:34
    @divegeester said
    On a side note, how would you rate this series?
    Stonker.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 14:54
    @fmf said
    Stonker.
    Oh. I watched the first 20 mins or so of E1 and my impatience found it introspective and plodding. I shall have a review.
  6. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 15:25
    @fmf said
    Stonker.
    It’s a good thing I looked that up. I might have got a very different understanding of the series. I will look it up. I need something new to binge watch.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 15:35
    Primo Trek stash. Skin up!!
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 15:37
    @divegeester said
    Oh. I watched the first 20 mins or so of E1 and my impatience found it introspective and plodding. I shall have a review.
    In a way that's dissimilar to a lot of previous Star Trek it has a 10 episode story arc and there's plenty of locations, intrigue, good sci-fi, and heaps of action. Patrick Stewart is brilliant, as is the rest of his raggle taggle non- Starfleet crew.
  9. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 16:51
    @fmf said
    Oh my goodness! I’m two and a half minutes into it and all I can think of is my dad...his love for all things Trek, especially Picard, his love for and personal association with the Voyagers (the ones careening through space), and Picard’s telling Data, “I don’t want it to end.” That was my dad...and now I’m sitting here on my birthday, thinking of my dad, with tears in my eyes...it couldn’t get any better...
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 17:47
    @hakima said
    Oh my goodness! I’m two and a half minutes into it and all I can think of is my dad...his love for all things Trek, especially Picard, his love for and personal association with the Voyagers (the ones careening through space), and Picard’s telling Data, “I don’t want it to end.” That was my dad...and now I’m sitting here on my birthday, thinking of my dad, with tears in my eyes...it couldn’t get any better...
    divegeester has got a definite dodgy streak when it comes to weak commitment to Star Trek. I've had to slam the phone down sometimes.
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 18:14
    @fmf said
    Picard E10 S01

Great show so far...
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 18:22
    @fmf said
    I bet you’ve never even watched TWOK?

Pah!
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 18:23
    @fmf said
    divegeester has got a definite dodgy streak when it comes to weak commitment to Star Trek. I've had to slam the phone down sometimes.
    Yes and I waited and waited and waited for the call-back...but did it come!
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 14:03
    @fmf said
    In a way that's dissimilar to a lot of previous Star Trek it has a 10 episode story arc and there's plenty of locations, intrigue, good sci-fi, and heaps of action. Patrick Stewart is brilliant, as is the rest of his raggle taggle non- Starfleet crew.
    I loved it nearly as much as ‘Discovery’ although initially I was annoyed at having to wait a week between episodes I quickly began to look forward to Friday’s more than Saturday’s.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 21:55
    @kevcvs57 said
    I loved it nearly as much as ‘Discovery’ although initially I was annoyed at having to wait a week between episodes I quickly began to look forward to Friday’s more than Saturday’s.
    Waiting a week is sooo old school!

I've been waiting for episodes of Homeland too.

I thought Discovery S01 was brilliant but I have been having more trouble lapping up S02. Haven't been in the mood for it, perhaps.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree