Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '13 23:26
    Originally posted by JS357
    quoting Wikipedia on Universalism:

Some Bible verses commonly cited in Christian Universalist theology are:

1 Corinthians 15:22[8]
    "For as in Adam ALL die, so in Christ ALL will be made alive." (NIV; Emphasis Added)
    "For as in Adam ALL die, so also in Christ shall ALL be made alive." (ESV; Emphasis Added)
    Romans 5:18-19 (The "o ...[text shortened]... (ESV)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universalism
    "This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for ALL, which is the testimony given at the proper time." (ESV; Emphasis Added) 1 John 2:2
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '13 01:52
    quoting Wikipedia on Universalism:

Some Bible verses commonly cited in Christian Universalist theology are:

1 Corinthians 15:22[8]
    "For as in Adam ALL die, so in Christ ALL will be made alive." (NIV; Emphasis Added)
    "For as in Adam ALL die, so also in Christ shall ALL be made alive." (ESV; Emphasis Added)
    Romans 5:18-19 (The "o ...[text shortened]... (ESV)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universalism
    That interpretation makes a mockery of God ..

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. (Gal 6:7-8)
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '13 02:35
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    That interpretation makes a mockery of God ..

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. (Gal 6:7-8)
    There are only Bible quotes here, how could they mock God? Your quote from Gal 6:7-8 does nothing to the possibility of universal reconciliation. What is keeping you from agreeing?
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '13 03:21
    There are only Bible quotes here, how could they mock God? Your quote from Gal 6:7-8 does nothing to the possibility of universal reconciliation. What is keeping you from agreeing?
    "7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. 8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life." Gal 6:7-8 (NASB) Straightforward and without equivocation. (gb)
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '13 05:11
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. 8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life." Gal 6:7-8 (NASB) Straightforward and without equivocation. (gb)
    Romans 11:32[8]
    "For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all." (NIV)
    "For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all." (ESV)
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 03:46
    I am not able to agree with passages which are contrary to other clearer passages. Maybe you are correct and all [no excpetions] will be saved but my conscience does not allow me to say that it is ok to sin or to engage in wrongdoing as you will be saved nontheless.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 11:132 edits
    Romans 11:32[8]
    "For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all." (NIV)
    "For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all." (ESV)
    This speaks to a way has been made for all to be saved, a way has been
    made for all, but not all want it. Which upsets sets some since they see it
    as flawed where one they think is not better than another will be saved
    and the one they favor will not be.
    Kelly
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 16:33
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I am not able to agree with passages which are contrary to other clearer passages. Maybe you are correct and all [no excpetions] will be saved but my conscience does not allow me to say that it is ok to sin or to engage in wrongdoing as you will be saved nontheless.
    I see no contradiction between "all will be saved" and "it is NOT ok to sin or to engage in wrongdoing." I think both can be said with clear conscience, and we can both instruct our children that salvation will be theirs, and have institutions that encourage moral behavior and deter wrongdoing.

But I think your objection gets to the root of the problem many people have with accepting the notion of universal reconciliation, and that problem isn't simply a matter of reading the Bible correctly.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 16:45
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    This speaks to a way has been made for all to be saved, a way has been
    made for all, but not all want it. Which upsets sets some since they see it
    as flawed where one they think is not better than another will be saved
    and the one they favor will not be.
    Kelly
    Well then if wanting it is necessary to salvation, it is logical under universal reconciliation that all will eventually want it.

Granted, there may be other conditions necessary. Universal reconciliation would say, then those conditions will be met for all, too.

Any people who are upset, as you say, don't know what's going to happen to the people they are thinking about.

Please understand that I am seeking to make the strongest case for universal reconciliation that my poor layman's mind is able to. The objections I am hearing are useful to me in working toward a better understanding, and I appreciate them.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 09:541 edit
    Well then if wanting it is necessary to salvation, it is logical under universal reconciliation that all will eventually want it.

Granted, there may be other conditions necessary. Universal reconciliation would say, then those conditions will be met for all, too.

Any people who are upset, as you say, don't know what's going to happen to the people they a am hearing are useful to me in working toward a better understanding, and I appreciate them.
    If you want it in this life sure, but if your life ends and you die in your sins
    than you will stand before God in your sins.
    Kelly

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 09:57

Any people who are upset, as you say, don't know what's going to happen to the people they a ...[text shortened]... am hearing are useful to me in working toward a better understanding, and I appreciate them.
    I suggest you do a poll on this board and a few others asking them if that
    is true. Even if the question is setup to where they accept God's forgiveness
    through Jesus Christ or go to Hell. I bet you will more than a few take Hell.
    Kelly
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 10:09
    Kelly
    Pick your method of going insane.

Fortunately it's all irrelevant as neither your god nor heaven or hell actually
    exist.

And their can never be reconciliation between me and the god described in
    the bible.

Your god is far too evil.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 11:02
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Pick your method of going insane.

Fortunately it's all irrelevant as neither your god nor heaven or hell actually
    exist.

And their can never be reconciliation between me and the god described in
    the bible.

Your god is far too evil.
    You prove my point, thank you.
    Kelly
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 11:35
    You prove my point, thank you.
    Kelly
    No problem
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 15:38
    Kelly
    I'm not going to assume that some made-up poll is going to present the moment that determines a person's future. I am not authorized to present final ultimatums, am I?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree