1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 04:301 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Also if you keep count of how many favours you've done for people this also waters down "true" altruism.

I myself REALLY have no idea of how much I have recieved and how much I have given. It might be 50/50 or as much as 80/20 (either way!!).

But considering I live below the poverty line I dont think it matters that much.
    (Below the poverty lin doing that and the businesses that 'don't matter' will fail . (I'd better stop here🙂 )
    If you have all the money in China but fail to know God and self then you are poor.

And if you have not one dime and know God and self then you are the richest man in the world.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 04:33
    Originally posted by Dasa
    There is only one true agenda for human-kind and that is spiritual realization of self and God.

The purpose of this human life is not to act like the dogs and cats but to utilize our superior intelligence and become God conscious.

No other purpose is given to the human life.

This is why everything we do must culminate in serving this purpose only or ou ...[text shortened]... emporary material pursuits which all end in death..

This is the ultimate Altruistic activity.
    "act like cats and dogs", dear oh dear, you cant suspend your veda spouting nature for a minute ,can you. I call that "inflexible" , others may call it something else😕

I found a few more problems with your post there, but if we could only address one point honestly,I'd be happy (even surprised) ok
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 04:35
    It is a good thing if it serves our true purpose for having a human incarnation.

If it is used from material advancement only it is wasted intelligence.
    Still confused.
    To me "intelligencia" represents ,albeit loosely, a group of intelligent people. Is that what it means? Dasa? Anyone?

(No, I'm not going to google it)
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 04:36
    "act like cats and dogs", dear oh dear, you cant suspend your veda spouting nature for a minute ,can you. I call that "inflexible" , others may call it something else😕

I found a few more problems with your post there, but if we could only address one point honestly,I'd be happy (even surprised) ok
    The business of cats and dogs are to eat something, sleep somewhere and have sex and fight.............and persons who do not know God and the purpose of life are only interested in eating something, sleeping, sex and fighting just like the cats and dogs.

These are the common activities of ignorant people and cats and dogs.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 04:37
    If you have all the money in China but fail to know God and self then you are poor.

And if you have not one dime and know God and self then you are the richest man in the world.
    Lets stay on topic,eh?

I do get your point though, but in honesty I really dont like that sort of arguement-anyway,as I was suggesting, it's nearly completely irrelevent to the op 🙂
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 04:38
    The business of cats and dogs are to eat something, sleep somewhere and have sex and fight.............and persons who do not know God and the purpose of life are only interested in eating something, sleeping, sex and fighting just like the cats and dogs.

These are the common activities of ignorant people and cats and dogs.
    Geez man, what's that got to do with altruism?
    If you cant talk about the op then just stop, or start a new thread, or put it in another thread, or ....
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 04:39
    Still confused.
    To me "intelligencia" represents ,albeit loosely, a group of intelligent people. Is that what it means? Dasa? Anyone?

(No, I'm not going to google it)
    The intelligencia are the academics the scientists etc.....

But what use is their ramblings if they do not know the purpose of the human existence.

Its then wasted intelligence.

And they use that intelligence to live on the same platform as cats and dogs.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 04:42
    Geez man, what's that got to do with altruism?
    If you cant talk about the op then just stop, or start a new thread, or put it in another thread, or ....
    True Altruism is to know the purpose of the human life.

The atheistic intelligencia do not know or care for true Altruism and live and behave like cats and dogs.

Their activities are polished cat and dog activities.

And they call this advancement.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 05:28
    The intelligencia are the academics the scientists etc.....

But what use is their ramblings if they do not know the purpose of the human existence.

Its then wasted intelligence.

And they use that intelligence to live on the same platform as cats and dogs.
    "Wasted intelligence",eh? I know where you are coming from and the fact that you are trying to elude that "wasted altruism" (my words) is akin to level of cats and dogs.
    So the intelligencia are "bad" ,per se, because they dont use their intelligence the right way.
    This is a bit counterintuitive, or we may have to redefine the word "intelligence".
    (for example is it intelligent to give up on a math degree to pursue god through the chanting of "Hare Krsna"? )

If I recall I asked jaywill a similar question and he responded that indeed it was intelligent to pursue (a christian) god .

Can you see how some paradoxes are bound to arise if we start redifining/improperly defining words?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree