1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Sep '18 05:081 edit
    historic sexual abuse over 50 years at this catholic boarding school in the heart of rural Yorkshire , swept under the carpet for years only investigated after the death or Vatican re-call of the priests involved. fancy paying good money to get your child rodgered by a monk.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '18 05:12
    Originally posted by @badradger
    historic sexual abuse over 50 years at this catholic boarding school in the heart of rural Yorkshire , swept under the carpet for years only investigated after the death or Vatican re-call of the priests involved. I am disgusted by my own religion and am now faithless.
    You are now faithless? Your faith was in your church organisation and not in Jesus and God?
  3. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    09 Sep '18 05:28
    historic sexual abuse over 50 years at this catholic boarding school in the heart of rural Yorkshire , swept under the carpet for years only investigated after the death or Vatican re-call of the priests involved. I am disgusted by my own religion and am now faithless.
    One of the reasons that was given for the dissolution of the monasteries by Henry VIII was sexual abuse of minors so this is not a new problem. Don't go over to Buddhism though because in our own time we have the FWBO scandal with their leader resulting in an "apology" and a change of name.
    Apparently the same area of the brain is stimulated by religious experience and sex so it's no surprise that these things happen along with the status and power games that go along with it.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Sep '18 05:30
    Originally posted by @fmf
    You are now faithless? Your faith was in your church organisation and not in Jesus and God?
    no u misunderstand I AM AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN FAITHLESS
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '18 05:50
    no u misunderstand I AM AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN FAITHLESS
    You said "I am disgusted by my own religion and am now faithless". I understand you just fine.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '18 05:53
    You said "I am disgusted by my own religion and am now faithless". I understand you just fine.
    That bit seems to have been edited out.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Sep '18 05:54
    nah u don't, I am disgusted by the catholic church, christend roman catholic only ever been in a church for my parents funeral FAITHLESS.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '18 05:55
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    That bit seems to have been edited out.
    I think he may be a twit who's looking for lulz with a serious topic.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '18 05:561 edit
    nah u don't, I am disgusted by the catholic church, christend roman catholic only ever been in a church for my parents funeral FAITHLESS.
    Why did you write “my faith” in your OP and then edit it out?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '18 05:56
    You said you are now faithless after the sex abuse atrocity you mentioned in your OP.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Sep '18 06:05
    Why did you write “my faith” in your OP and then edit it out?
    I tell lies
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '18 06:181 edit
    I tell lies
    That is clearly the case, although I suspect you would rather have us believe you a liar than an ex Catholic Christian with faith, which is pretty much the only interesting thing about this thread.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Sep '18 06:21
    That is clearly the case, although I suspect you would rather have us believe you a liar than an ex Catholic Christian with faith, which is pretty much the only interesting thing about this thread.
    Waspish. no change there then.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree