1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 May '10 12:30
    Originally posted by chessartist
    that there is a "god" watching and keeping track of when your bad or good every second of every day? And that this "god" can do this for every person on this earth all at the same time.
    god can remember all of the people who have died and can remember their good & bad list too.
    It sounds like santa claus who can the same thing but with him I get pre ...[text shortened]... e told to live in poverty conditions but look where the pope lives. Not bad surroundings!
    Don't confuse what man does with what God does.

And yes, God knows what every molecule in the universe is doing at every moment in time continuously.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 May '10 12:341 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    Don't confuse what man does with what God does.

And yes, God knows what every molecule in the universe is doing at every moment in time continuously.
    He is spying on everyone. There is no private life. He is even besides your bed when you're having s*x. He knows the texture of your poo whenever you have a dump. He knows the colour of the undies your 3 year old daghter has.

He's creepy...
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    25 May '10 18:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Completely agree. I bet you don't give to churches though.
    Er.... no.
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    25 May '10 18:56
    Originally posted by jaywill
    He died and rose from the dead to possess you.
    Brrr... zombie demon god...
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    25 May '10 19:02
    Originally posted by jaywill

He died and rose from the dead to possess you.
    😲
  6. Joined
    13 Nov '08
    Moves
    26 May '10 00:32
    if jesus WAS god, why would a god need a women to give birth to himself? i bet joseph was mad about all of this! here he thought he had a son but i guess he realized he was shooting blanks. please don't tell me joseph was understanding about all of this, that would really be some BS.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 May '10 01:25
    Originally posted by chessartist
    if jesus WAS god, why would a god need a women to give birth to himself? i bet joseph was mad about all of this! here he thought he had a son but i guess he realized he was shooting blanks. please don't tell me joseph was understanding about all of this, that would really be some BS.
    Look, there are a lot of valid arguments against Christian beliefs. But your ignorance of the doctrine of the Trinity and the Incarnation pretty much disqualifies you from any of these debates. Christians do not believe that God needed a woman to give birth to himself. What they believe is that the Father and Son existed before time, that the Son became incarnate from Mary and thus was both God and man and that as both God and man, Jesus was able to reconcile mankind with God through his death. That minimally is what Christians profess.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 May '10 04:32
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Look, there are a lot of valid arguments against Christian beliefs. But your ignorance of the doctrine of the Trinity and the Incarnation pretty much disqualifies you from any of these debates. Christians do not believe that God needed a woman to give birth to himself. What they believe is that the Father and Son existed before time, that the Son became inc ...[text shortened]... able to reconcile mankind with God through his death. That minimally is what Christians profess.
    I believe the person Jesus was born like all other people-through the consumation of two peoples love.
    This is one reason why the personage of the bhudda appeals to me more.
    He is saying "I am just like you" (I came into the world the same way as you).
    The bhudda worked hard to become enlightened as he meditated under the bhodi tree.
    The message I get here is that everyone has the bhudda seed within them,(ie. the potential to become a bhudda),and through hard work everyone can achieve the same state.
    To say that Jesus was concieved immacuately kinda says that we cant be like him,(ie. achieve christ conciousness), because he was not a normal man.
    We have no chance of being like him, so why even try. Just submit to Jesus and "kneel" before him. There is no point in trying to achieve your own enlightenment because we dont have the same attributes as Jesus.
    What a crock! Dont bother even trying people. You have no chance . Submit and keep your questions within the limitations of biblical enquiry. Everything else is the work of Satan- especially those that try to empower themselves through their own efforts.
    Please try to follow my (albeit badly worded) arguement through to its logical conclusions. Where does this kind of "faith" lead us? I'll tell where you where it doesn't lead us. It doesn't lead into becoming recponsible for our own lives and for becoming the true custodians of this planet that we are meant to be. We have no chance. Why bother? Just live a sinful,irresponsible life , BUT make sure you ask Jesus for forgiveness before you cark it. Just remain children and let "God" sort you out.
    Please!! this is just a recipe to keep the things the same as they have been for over 5000 years, ie. the powers that be will keep their power over us and keep exploiting us through the use of fear,etc.

London is the financial capital of the Illuminati. Rome is the spiritual capital. Washington is the military capital. Dont be fooled. When America goes to war , it is not for Americans, it is for the "transnationals" that want to keep their control.
    How much money is spent on military ventures annually? How much would it cost to feed, educate and house all the people in the world? Do the math people. And while your at it, do your bit to help turn this planet around. This is our "Mission" .
    If your are just waiting to die so you can get judged by god at the pearly gates you are wasting your potential.
    Please seriously consider the crux of my message. Change will happen very rapidly, and when it does it would be good to have you and your families prepared.
    Thats why past mentor used to tell me (repeatedly), "Its 90% preparation".
    dont be surprised when "change" comes, just like the in the story "the boy who cried wolf", the wolf does come at the end.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 May '10 04:41
    That minimally is what Christians profess.
    No, that is what some Christians profess. You choose not to use the label 'Christian' for those whose beliefs differ significantly from yours, but in a discussion where some readers may not be your kind of Christian you should at least try to qualify your statements.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 May '10 10:28
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, that is what some Christians profess. You choose not to use the label 'Christian' for those whose beliefs differ significantly from yours, but in a discussion where some readers may not be your kind of Christian you should at least try to qualify your statements.
    Not so. I recognise that many Christians profess very different beliefs. There are obviously very substantial divisions between the Catholic Church and the various Protestant churches. So I do not use the label 'Christian' simply for those who have the same beliefs as me. Belief in the Trinity, Incarnation and Redemption are basic tenets of Christianity and are constitutive of the meaning of Christianity. Of course, I recognise that there are some who deny these doctrines and who profess to be Christians. They obviously mean something very different by Christian; I do not, however, recognise them as Christian.

Anyway, I do not see the point of hair-splitting here. I think you can agree that if someone shows total ignorance of these basic doctrines, whether they are essential to Christianity or not, he is probably not very informed about Christianity. That was my point.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 May '10 11:39
    They obviously mean something very different by Christian; I do not, however, recognise them as Christian.
    I agree with your basic point and am not really trying to go into hair-splitting. I just thought that if you are trying to inform a non-Christian about what 'Christian' means it is important to point out that there are those who call themselves Christian who do not agree with your statement about what it minimally means to be Christian. There are several on this site for example.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 May '10 12:22
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    He is spying on everyone. There is no private life. He is even besides your bed when you're having s*x. He knows the texture of your poo whenever you have a dump. He knows the colour of the undies your 3 year old daghter has.

He's creepy...
    "He is spying on everyone."

And keeping an account of every thought, word, and deed. Nothing escapes God's attention whether good or bad, and one day we will all stand in His presence and give an account of our lives.

You had better believe it!
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    26 May '10 19:17
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"He is spying on everyone."

And keeping an account of every thought, word, and deed. Nothing escapes God's attention whether good or bad, and one day we will all stand in His presence and give an account of our lives.

You had better believe it![/b]
    Has it ever occurred to you that maybe your idea of god is a little on the simplistic side?
  14. kent
    Moves
    27 May '10 00:25
    If brain capacity could be measured then most non believers could not fill a BM, relax God loves even dimwits like non believers too!
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    27 May '10 01:325 edits
    Originally posted by gearies
    If brain capacity could be measured then most non believers could not fill a BM, relax God loves even dimwits like non believers too!
    Completely agree wth you dude!

People who don't believe stories about talking snakes and the Dungeons & Dragons style good vs evil battle waged by God against his Arch-nemesis Satan (created by God), via the complete acquiescence of humans to said God who He created 6000 years ago (co-existing with dinosaurs), to be saved by God by having Himself be born of a virgin to pay the ultimate price (set by Himself) for the original (and utterly contemptuous) sin of Adam & Eve eating a forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden --- are completely bloody stupid!!! 🙄

Heh...they don't even believe in Noah's ark!!!

Anyway, you tell em gearies...glory! 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree