1. Joined
    25 Feb '09
    Moves
    10 Mar '09 22:42
    My wife sister is in heat all day, and she is about to fall. I tell her, are you "OK?" She says, no she is not OK. I ask her "Why." She says, she is fasting - she is Bahai. I say, "Drink the water." SHe says, she can not. She looks ill. What god would want people to feel this pain? We are made of water, but he does not like it? It is dangerous to fast without doctor, I believe this. I just wonder, I do not see Bahai in Italy. SHe says they are going to be number one religion, that I will see. I feel that 1 billion Muslim will have problem with this, not to mention many Christians who do not like Iran, where I feel Bahai is from. Do you understand? Sorry, English.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 05:081 edit
    Many people fast for religious reasons, and some probably do so for non-religious reasons.
    The Muslims fast over Ramadan.

There are some Bahai in Zambia but I don't know a lot about them.
  3. Break-twitching
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 06:04
    Originally posted by NicoToscani
    My wife sister is in heat all day, and she is about to fall. I tell her, are you "OK?" She says, no she is not OK. I ask her "Why." She says, she is fasting - she is Bahai. I say, "Drink the water." SHe says, she can not. She looks ill. What god would want people to feel this pain? We are made of water, but he does not like it? It is dangerous to fast wi ...[text shortened]... tians who do not like Iran, where I feel Bahai is from. Do you understand? Sorry, English.
    I understand only too well. Make your sister-in-law drink water with electrolyes presto subito! If she doesn't she may suffer serious health problems. What kind of God doesn't like water? NONE!This 'religion' sounds like a cult. She may already be brainwashed; if this is the case, serious deprogramming is called for. Pray to Jesus Christ, asking Him for help.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 06:16
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    What kind of God doesn't like water?
    The same one as you say doesn't like homosexuality.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 06:23
    I feel that 1 billion Muslim will have problem with this, not to mention many Christians who do not like Iran, where I feel Bahai is from. Do you understand? Sorry, English.
    Muslims here don't fast if they are sick. Women don't fast when they are having their period. No one is expected to make themselves ill. Some only fast in public. Many Muslims appear to fast, but they don't. Your wife sounds very very superstitious, rather like hardcore Christians and Muslims. I counsel her to be a little more sceptical and to see quaint/arduous practices for what they are - old fashioned beliefs that the modern mind should be weighing and dispensing with, as appropriate and as necessary.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 06:25
    I understand only too well. Make your sister-in-law drink water with electrolyes presto subito! If she doesn't she may suffer serious health problems. What kind of God doesn't like water? NONE!This 'religion' sounds like a cult. She may already be brainwashed; if this is the case, serious deprogramming is called for. Pray to Jesus Christ, asking Him for help.
    Did you think it was a cult based on the fact that its members fast or based on research you did separately from this thread? Surely you are aware that both Christians and Muslims fast? Are they cults too?
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 13:271 edit
    My wife sister is in heat all day, and she is about to fall. I tell her, are you "OK?" She says, no she is not OK. I ask her "Why." She says, she is fasting - she is Bahai. I say, "Drink the water." SHe says, she can not. She looks ill. What god would want people to feel this pain? We are made of water, but he does not like it? It is dangerous to fast wi ...[text shortened]... tians who do not like Iran, where I feel Bahai is from. Do you understand? Sorry, English.
    My advice to you would be to try to find her a Bahai medical doctor. Then she might respect his or her medical advice and fast safely.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 13:371 edit
    This 'religion' sounds like a cult. ... Pray to Jesus Christ, asking Him for help.
    ...changing one cult for another... 😕
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 16:14
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    ...changing one cult for another... 😕
    Isn't it fun to only talk about what you don't believe ?
  10. Break-twitching
    Moves
    12 Mar '09 01:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    The same one as you say doesn't like homosexuality.
    To God, homosexuality is an abomination. I mean, really, think about it carefully. A man has three holes, and none are designed for the intake of a penis; it is a biological anomoly to think otherwise. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for this very reason, and He will judge this present era in a similar fashion. I know, animals do IT all the time, but WE are NOT animals; we are created in the image of God, and if one is born gay, he/she will have to cayyry this burden just as a blind person, mentally challenged person, legless and armless person will have to carry their burden. Man is born sinful and must become Holy in God's eyes to enter Heaven, and the only way one can do this is by believing in Jesus Christ as Saviour. God loves the sinner, but He cannot tolerate the sin.
  11. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    12 Mar '09 01:55
    Originally posted by jaywill
    My advice to you would be to try to find her a Bahai medical doctor. Then she might respect his or her medical advice and fast safely.
    Good thought.
  12. Break-twitching
    Moves
    12 Mar '09 01:57
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Did you think it was a cult based on the fact that its members fast or based on research you did separately from this thread? Surely you are aware that both Christians and Muslims fast? Are they cults too?
    I didn't say anything about fasting!! I said that the Ba'hai "religion" sounds like a cult, albeit a harmless one at present. I did do some research, and found out that Ba'hais believe that there are many paths to heaven, and they include all religions currentl observed in ther world today. The danger is that these people are brainwashed to believe this lie. The fact is the ONLY way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ. Jesus stated this very fact, and Jesus cannot lie.
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    12 Mar '09 02:37
    To God, homosexuality is an abomination. I mean, really, think about it carefully. A man has three holes, and none are designed for the intake of a penis; it is a biological anomoly to think otherwise. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for this very reason, and He will judge this present era in a similar fashion. I know, animals do IT all the time, but ...[text shortened]... by believing in Jesus Christ as Saviour. God loves the sinner, but He cannot tolerate the sin.
    What is your position on prostate exams? Are they "biological anomolies"?
  14. Gangster Land
    Moves
    12 Mar '09 02:58
    To God, homosexuality is an abomination. I mean, really, think about it carefully. A man has three holes, and none are designed for the intake of a penis; it is a biological anomoly to think otherwise. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for this very reason, and He will judge this present era in a similar fashion. I know, animals do IT all the time, but ...[text shortened]... by believing in Jesus Christ as Saviour. God loves the sinner, but He cannot tolerate the sin.
    I don't really care that you believe this. I think it's silly, but you are free to think what you want as far as I'm concerned. The only thing I care about is whether or not you want the US to enact legislation that reflect these beliefs. We (in the US, not sure where your from) live in a free society, so I must ask you to be in the unenviable position of thinking homosexuality is abhorant while simultaneously lending your full-throated support for people to engage in it. If you can do that, you are one of my favorite Americans.
  15. Break-twitching
    Moves
    12 Mar '09 04:34
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What is your position on prostate exams? Are they "biological anomolies"?
    ROFLMAO!!!!! 😲
    Whoa......only if the doctor starts massaging you back with both hands... 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree