1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    17 Mar '09 03:01
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    Well, if I weren't so sexy maybe I could resist, but as it is the temptation is too great.

Lord, lead me not into temptation...for I shall find it myself!
    Praise the Lord! A self-actualizing man.
  2. Break-twitching
    Moves
    17 Mar '09 04:07
    Do you suppose curing people of blindness and leoprsy illustrated a useful purpose? In fact, i think I remember Jesus getting a lot of good press over stuff like that. But, what do I know? I'm not brainwashed for Christ...
    I hope you don't pilot a boat because you'd run aground...Jesus curing blind people was his way of making a point, not illustrating a useful purpose.
  3. Break-twitching
    Moves
    17 Mar '09 04:10
    Well, if I weren't so sexy maybe I could resist, but as it is the temptation is too great.

Lord, lead me not into temptation...for I shall find it myself!
    Yo, why don't you two rent a motel. Don't be "hookin'-up" for some "down-low" action on this family site....😲
  4. Gangster Land
    Moves
    17 Mar '09 04:10
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    I hope you don't pilot a boat because you'd run aground...Jesus curing blind people was his way of making a point, not illustrating a useful purpose.
    hahaha! Are you a politician?

Please explain the difference between "making a point" and "illustrating a useful purpose".
  5. Break-twitching
    Moves
    17 Mar '09 05:10
    hahaha! Are you a politician?

Please explain the difference between "making a point" and "illustrating a useful purpose".
    Well, yes, I am a politician....how did you know?...hmmmmm
    Well, when one makes a point, one is demonstrating an idea to another person in a way that gets their attention either by using a parable or context.

When one is illustrating a useful purpose, he/she is using a parable or context in a form that gets the attention of the listener, thus driving home a point that is readily understodd by the listener.

Now, do I make myself clear? I knew you'd understand my illustration.
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    17 Mar '09 13:38
    Well, yes, I am a politician....how did you know?...hmmmmm
    Well, when one makes a point, one is demonstrating an idea to another person in a way that gets their attention either by using a parable or context.

When one is illustrating a useful purpose, he/she is using a parable or context in a form that gets the attention of the listener, thus driving h ...[text shortened]... todd by the listener.

Now, do I make myself clear? I knew you'd understand my illustration.
    You are indeed a politician.
  7. Break-twitching
    Moves
    18 Mar '09 04:21
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    You are indeed a politician.
    And what might you be, lad?
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    18 Mar '09 12:32
    And what might you be, lad?
    Here's a good illustration between what you do and what I do. This is not about being a Mormon or about you having dystonia. It is about making sense. You are like the two guys on the bicycle and I'm the one with the doo rag.

YouTube&feature=related

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree