1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 08:38
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Firstly let me say that that whole "working without attachments" thing is so true. (sorry, could've worded that better).
    Those verses were very good but lets just skip back to your bhuddist/zen quote:
    "before enlightenment chop wood, and after enlightenment chop wood."
    Now thats all very good 'n' all but what happens "DURING" ?
    Here's another one- ...[text shortened]... ly the opposite of how things really are....

hence the title of the thread...
    The Vedas describe this material world as being a perverted reflection of the spiritual world, just like when you stand at the edge of a river, and look at your reflection, its up side down (perverted).......so this world is similar to the spiritual world, because in the spiritual world you will find, trees, lakes, rivers, mountains, sky, clouds, sun (spiritual sun) roads made of jewels, buildings animals, etc...........but everything is conscious and alive, the trees are alive and can converse with you, and so can the animals (everything), and the air is surcharged with bliss and love.

The clouds are alive, and if its too hot, they come over to you and give you shade, and the animals can speak to you, and they all love you, and you love them.

The trees are called desire trees, and if you walk passed a tree and feel like anything at all, the tree will produce it instantly for you

The ground that you walk on is alive, and if you think it is too hard, the ground will make itself softer.

In this world, everything is dead, and things are only animated by the presence of the soul within...the soul is the living thing, not matter.

Every single living being in the spiritual world is having a unique relationship with God, (God expands himself into unlimited expansions of himself,) but each person, doesn't know that God is God.......God is not disclosed as God, but God is playing a in a role for the benefit of that particular relationship.

God is the ultimate game player, and appears to each person just the way they want him to appear.
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 13:14
    What have you got? C'mon, I want my worldview shattered.
    Nobody cares.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 23:47
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Nobody cares.
    Really?
    Sounds like a bit of fun, but this is not the first time I have been told something similar.
    What was the last thread you started here? I might goto that and see if its more interesting.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 23:51
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    The Vedas describe this material world as being a perverted reflection of the spiritual world, just like when you stand at the edge of a river, and look at your reflection, its up side down (perverted).......so this world is similar to the spiritual world, because in the spiritual world you will find, trees, lakes, rivers, mountains, sky, clouds, sun (spi ...[text shortened]... d is the ultimate game player, and appears to each person just the way they want him to appear.
    I think we're getting into much better dialogues of late.
    I've been enjoying your posts and agreeing with a lot of their content,(of late).
    The fact that your post doesn't really address my post directly doesn't matter to me this time.
    Yes.."perverted","upside down"...I'm not sure of the right word but "as above, so below" , so in that sense your post is on the right track in trying to define a relationship between the material and the spiritual realms.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 06:09
    I think we're getting into much better dialogues of late.
    I've been enjoying your posts and agreeing with a lot of their content,(of late).
    The fact that your post doesn't really address my post directly doesn't matter to me this time.
    Yes.."perverted","upside down"...I'm not sure of the right word but "as above, so below" , so in that sense your pos ...[text shortened]... ack in trying to define a relationship between the material and the spiritual realms.
    Am I not shaking your world view up a bit?.....the thing about transcendental knowledge is, it will turn many things up side down ( which is really right side up actually)
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 20:25
    Am I not shaking your world view up a bit?.....the thing about transcendental knowledge is, it will turn many things up side down ( which is really right side up actually)
    A bit...
    I'm left wandering between worlds still,though
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 21:24
    A bit...
    I'm left wandering between worlds still,though
    On the spiritual path, we dont negate the material world, but we see it differently, because we have gained higher knowledge and the devotional attitude.......for example

A knife is just a knife, it may be used to kill someone, of cut out a tumor and save someone.......so the knife is used differently depending on the persons mentality.

So the world is just the world,..... and if a person is on the spiritual path they see it differently, than a person who is not.

A person on the spiritual path may walk down the street, and instead of walking into a club or pub to pick up women, they will go into the library instead to read a book. or when their at the supermarket, instead of buying meat, they will buy fruits and vegetables and rice and pasta.

On the spiritual path a person may enjoy the sights of the world, but with the higher consciousness, but understanding that there is a creator behind the mountains and sunsets and rainbows.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 22:50
    ,Originally posted by vishvahetu
    On the spiritual path, we dont negate the material world, but we see it differently, because we have gained higher knowledge and the devotional attitude.......for example

A knife is just a knife, it may be used to kill someone, of cut out a tumor and save someone.......so the knife is used differently depending on the persons mentality.

So the worl ...[text shortened]... usness, but understanding that there is a creator behind the mountains and sunsets and rainbows.
    Or a person may pick up a woman of higher conciousness and get her to read them a good book while in a nice pub somwhere....Is that path spiritual?
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 01:21
    Or a person may pick up a woman of higher conciousness and get her to read them a good book while in a nice pub somwhere....Is that path spiritual?
    Partially...
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 06:37
    Partially...
    Wouldn't you say it depends on the situation,ie. the woman, the guy, etc.?

"Partially" seems a like an unsatisfactory answer for me, but that may because my question is vague (?)
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 07:16
    Wouldn't you say it depends on the situation,ie. the woman, the guy, etc.?

"Partially" seems a like an unsatisfactory answer for me, but that may because my question is vague (?)
    Well theres so many factors to consider......is the book a spiritual book or not, and are you both drinking or not, and are you understanding anything from the spiritual book

If its a spiritual book, and you are both understanding it, then you are advancing in the right direction and its positive, but if you are both getting plastered as well, then thats negative.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 08:002 edits
    Well theres so many factors to consider......is the book a spiritual book or not, and are you both drinking or not, and are you understanding anything from the spiritual book

If its a spiritual book, and you are both understanding it, then you are advancing in the right direction and its positive, but if you are both getting plastered as well, then thats negative.
    Yes, I can see where you are going with it. I'm not going to answer your specific questions, but, if you like, you could attack why this type of scenario is not spiritual.
    Let me just add: we are both drinking, the book IS spiritual (Bhagavad Gita), and we are both getting amazing insights from her reading it to me. We are on such a natural high from the words that neither of us feel like sex and both of our attentions are far away from the room our physical bodies are inhabitting.

(One thing I'm trying to get at here is whether you wholly and soley advocate the "devotional path" or whether you accept that there are other means of achieving "Godhead"?)

Another thing that I haven't heard you say is "Krsna" . Why is that so, given the content of the majority of your posts?
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 21:39
    What have you got? C'mon, I want my worldview shattered.
    Everything you think you know to be true is a lie.

How's that?
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 21:501 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    Everything you think you know to be true is a lie.

How's that?
    He'll know it to be true you hold this opinion and thus conclude the opinion is a lie.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 21:57
    Originally posted by Agerg
    He'll know it to be true you hold this opinion and thus conclude the opinion is a lie.
    Then that means there is no truth if all anyone knows is a lie.

Or something like that. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree