1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    30 Nov '10 17:18
    Originally posted by ua41
    For things to be true, there must be certain conditions in order to consider it to be true e.g. references of comparisons, the contexts of the scenario etc. Even if we were to consider the existence of something- surely the existence of something must be true? Well what is there to interpret its existence? It's existence is reliant upon observation, a source wh ...[text shortened]... We are all painting on a blank portrait, each contributing their part and affecting the whole
    But for something to be true or real does not need and observer in order for it to be real or true. The atom did fine without any observation from us for 1000's of years but this does not negate it's existence.

Manny
  2. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    30 Nov '10 18:241 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    But for something to be true or real does not need and observer in order for it to be real or true. The atom did fine without any observation from us for 1000's of years but this does not negate it's existence.

Manny
    The atom did fine without any direct human observation, but it was still interacting with everything and vice versa. It was still affecting and being affected.

Edit: Also, I want to say that if we consider truth to be relative, it doesn't mean we have to negate somethings existence.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Dec '10 04:53
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    The atheists in this forum have only one approach, and that is to deny and attack everything that supports the reality of God, anyway if I start putting out a particular name, they will start to attack that, and goggle everything about that name, to try and find something to argue about.

You ask about Krishna.......well Bhagavad Gita says,..... and it ...[text shortened]... uld cut and paste 100 pages about that, so you need to be specific with your question please.,
    Ok, I will be specific with my questions if you keep your answers relatively short.
    I heard that at some time when krsna ,incarnated as the blue dude depicted over and over in Hindu Myhtology , was by a river (or body of water), and some "spiritual stuff" went on. Apperently there were 16000 disciples of krsna there, half male and half female, and they all had sex (tantric sex?) all at the same time, but only with their partners.
    Does this story have any truth to it (either as allegory or as a literal intepretation)?
    And if so, what is the "spiritual stuff" that went on? Do you know this story? If not I'll try another, or you could give me a simlar story (if there is one). Cheers🙂
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    01 Dec '10 06:25
    Originally posted by ua41
    The atom did fine without any direct human observation, but it was still interacting with everything and vice versa. It was still affecting and being affected.

Edit: Also, I want to say that if we consider truth to be relative, it doesn't mean we have to negate somethings existence.
    Agreed with the first part of your statement.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Dec '10 08:14
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Ok, I will be specific with my questions if you keep your answers relatively short.
    I heard that at some time when krsna ,incarnated as the blue dude depicted over and over in Hindu Myhtology , was by a river (or body of water), and some "spiritual stuff" went on. Apperently there were 16000 disciples of krsna there, half male and half female, and they ...[text shortened]... y? If not I'll try another, or you could give me a simlar story (if there is one). Cheers🙂
    The story has no truth, but there is some info that needs clearing up...

Firstly, the 16000 persons, were Gopis (female) associates who are intimately in relationship with Krishna, in a spiritual dance called the Rasa dance. (no tantric sex)

This dance is an eternal spiritual dance, and is described as spiritual sex, but without the sex.

Tantric sex is not authorized in the true spiritual life. (never was)

Krishna doesn,t incarnate as the blue incarnation because the blue form is the original form of God in the spiritual world.

Bhagavad Gita is declaring that Krishna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead , from which all incarnations are coming from.

The Vedanta Sutra has nothing to do with mythology, and nothing to do with Hinduism..... but the Vedas do give great detail of demigod worship (which is where Hinduism comes from).

But lets be clear about something.....Hinduism is a word that is not found in the Vedas, because it was only introduced recently into the English language.

But Indian scholars, have embraced the word Hindu, and now we are stuck with it.

The real bona fide spiritual process is called Vaisnavism or Santana Dhama. (not Hinduism)

Anyone today saying they are a Hindu, are not following the bona-fide spiritual religion, but something else.
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    01 Dec '10 14:39
    LOL ok so what does this mean practically for us?
    Some blue dude is having spiritual sex with 16,0000 Gopis ? 😉 WTH??
    Sounds crazy

Manny
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Dec '10 03:00
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Thats a great quote, but where to next?
    Are you trying to imply that because I dont believe in absolute (written) truths that whatever I think may be a bit true is actually a "whole lie" ?
    Now you're catching on!

Logically, if something isn't 100% true, then it is false.

But, if something isn't 100% false, it is still false.
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Dec '10 03:08
    Originally posted by josephw
    Now you're catching on!

Logically, if something isn't 100% true, then it is false.

But, if something isn't 100% false, it is still false.
    Wrong! failure to be 100% false doesn't rule out the possibility of being 0% false
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Dec '10 03:37
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    The story has no truth, but there is some info that needs clearing up...

Firstly, the 16000 persons, were Gopis (female) associates who are intimately in relationship with Krishna, in a spiritual dance called the Rasa dance. (no tantric sex)

This dance is an eternal spiritual dance, and is described as spiritual sex, but without the sex.

Tantric ...[text shortened]... saying they are a Hindu, are not following the bona-fide spiritual religion, but something else.
    In regards to Hinduism I dont know enough to be dictating any of their philosophies directly.

Seem there was some truth to that story after all. Not literal, but dont you think it was a good example of how a story can be distorted, especially by people repeating the story without actually knowing what they are talking about?
    Yep, a great example and a reminder that there are many similar distortions with the reading of the bible as well.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Dec '10 03:42
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Wrong! failure to be 100% false doesn't rule out the possibility of being 0% false
    Very funny!

0% false? Isn't that the same as !00% true?

If one tells only 99% of the truth, and 1% lie, then the whole is 100% false.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree