1. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Jul '13 12:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You know good and well men did not come from apes .....
    Men are apes and came from apes. The common ancestor between men and chimpanzees would be classified as an ape. The usage of the term has varied in the past but every usage I know of would include the common ancestor.
    Man did not however come from chimpanzees.
    Similarly the common ancestor of apes and monkeys should be classified as a monkey, so man came from monkeys, and it has been argued that man should be classified as a monkey if good biological nomenclature based on common ancestry was used.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jul '13 13:15
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Men are apes and came from apes. The common ancestor between men and chimpanzees would be classified as an ape. The usage of the term has varied in the past but every usage I know of would include the common ancestor.
    Man did not however come from chimpanzees.
    Similarly the common ancestor of apes and monkeys should be classified as a monkey, so man cam ...[text shortened]... uld be classified as a monkey if good biological nomenclature based on common ancestry was used.
    Taking up for your own kind, I see. 😀

The instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree