1. Joined
    03 Jul '10
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 00:53
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne

[b]If she is better then him in something then it would be wise to let her do those things and be very appreciative for it and praise her for it.

As one would with a servant?

[/b]

Now this is just silliness I say. Seriously??? What's wrong with being appreciative and praising your wife? What in the world is this supposed to mean "As one would with a servant?"
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 00:561 edit
    Originally posted by gtbiking4life
    Try reading it in context of my post in its entirety as well as the discussion as a whole.
  3. Joined
    03 Jul '10
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 01:02
    Try reading it in context of my post in its entirety as well as the discussion as a whole.
    I did, but since you felt the need to separate your answers and answer this separately, I did the same 😛
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 01:245 edits
    I did, but since you felt the need to separate your answers and answer this separately, I did the same 😛
    But to understand the comment you have to "read it in context of my post in its entirety as well as the discussion as a whole."

The comment of "as a servant" was echoing a point established earlier in the post as well as in my previous post. One can "appreciate" and "praise" a servant as well as a wife that is respected as a fellow human being. So the question is alluding to the fact that G75 saying "If she is better then him in something then it would be wise to let her do those things and be very appreciative for it and praise her for it" does not necessarily connote respect due a fellow human being rather than a servant. Hope this is clear now.
  5. Joined
    03 Jul '10
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 02:06
    But to understand the comment you have to "read it in context of my post in its entirety as well as the discussion as a whole."

The comment of "as a servant" was echoing a point established earlier in the post as well as in my previous post. One can "appreciate" and "praise" a servant as well as a wife that is respected as a fellow human being. So the ...[text shortened]... onnote respect due a fellow human being rather than a servant. Hope this is clear now.
    I get it it now...like when someone takes the scriptures out of context. Your posts are different somehow.

Seriously though, "appreciate" and "praise" has nothing to do with treating your wife as a servant. That was only something you added out of spite it seems to me. It was entirely out of place in your post in my opinion.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 02:423 edits
    I get it it now...like when someone takes the scriptures out of context. Your posts are different somehow.

Seriously though, "appreciate" and "praise" has nothing to do with treating your wife as a servant. That was only something you added out of spite it seems to me. It was entirely out of place in your post in my opinion.
    I get it it now...like when someone takes the scriptures out of context.

Doesn't seem like you really do get it.

Seriously though, "appreciate" and "praise" has nothing to do with treating your wife as a servant.

Bigots seem to think that if they say something that might be taken as being respectful, they are not guilty of discrimination even if they say other things that are clearly discriminatory. But the fact is that in this case, that "respect" could just as easily be applied to a servant. If you reread my last post, you'll see that I didn't say it necessarily indicated a servant. The point was that it COULD just as easily apply to a servant as well as a wife, not that it could only apply to a servant. It was an allusion to this fact.

I really think it'd help if you just reread everything.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 03:32
    This is flat weird. I'm outa here...
  8. Joined
    03 Jul '10
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 13:06
    [b]I get it it now...like when someone takes the scriptures out of context.

Doesn't seem like you really do get it.

Seriously though, "appreciate" and "praise" has nothing to do with treating your wife as a servant.

Bigots seem to think that if they say something that might be taken as being respectful, they are not guilty of discrim ...[text shortened]... an allusion to this fact.

I really think it'd help if you just reread everything.[/b]
    Why are you making false assumptions? I have read everything. Why can't you understand that I disagree with how you added that one statement in the middle of your discussion? In my opinion, it took away the flavor of what you were trying to get across.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 13:56
    Why are you making false assumptions? I have read everything. Why can't you understand that I disagree with how you added that one statement in the middle of your discussion? In my opinion, it took away the flavor of what you were trying to get across.
    Let's recap. You started with the following comment:
    What's wrong with being appreciative and praising your wife? What in the world is this supposed to mean "As one would with a servant?"

I never said that there's anything wrong with "with being appreciative and praising your wife". This is something you read into it. Since then I've been trying to answer your question to no avail it seems. I've told you what it's "supposed to mean" a couple of different ways now. Perhaps the concept is too subtle for you. It was a question from which you made an incorrect inference.

Why are you making false assumptions? I have read everything.

What "false assumption" was that? I suggested that you REREAD everything because I thought it would help you understand what it's "supposed to mean" since you seemed to be struggling with the concept. A suggestion that you REREAD everything is not the same as assuming you haven't read it at all.
  10. Joined
    03 Jul '10
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 14:19
    Let's recap. You started with the following comment:
    What's wrong with being appreciative and praising your wife? What in the world is this supposed to mean "As one would with a servant?"

I never said that there's anything wrong with "with being appreciative and praising your wife". This is something you read into it. Since then I've be ...[text shortened]... you REREAD everything is not the same as assuming you haven't read it at all.
    The false assumption is that you are assuming I have not read all of it. Is that really so difficult to understand for you?

Your statement (comparing praising your wife could be like praising a servant) is what I had an issue with. The statement itself appeared to me to be incorrect. You can praise anything you want, but why place this one comment in the middle of what you were trying to say?

I am explaining why I said what I did is all. Why can't you understand this is what I am explaining to you?
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 14:38
    The false assumption is that you are assuming I have not read all of it. Is that really so difficult to understand for you?

Your statement (comparing praising your wife could be like praising a servant) is what I had an issue with. The statement itself appeared to me to be incorrect. You can praise anything you want, but why place this one comment i ...[text shortened]... ing why I said what I did is all. Why can't you understand this is what I am explaining to you?
    Okay, take a couple of deep breaths and really try to consider what I'm saying.

I suggested that you REREAD everything. For you to be able to REREAD something you need to have read it in the first place. How can there be an assumption "that [you] have not read all of it", when I'm suggesting that you REREAD it? Clear now?

Your statement (comparing praising your wife could be like praising a servant) is what I had an issue with. The statement itself appeared to me to be incorrect. You can praise anything you want, but why place this one comment in the middle of what you were trying to say?

I understand you had an issue with it. First of all, the "statement" wasn't a statement at all, but a question. A question that you made an incorrect inference about. I've explained the question a couple of different ways now and quite frankly it doesn't seem that explaining it yet another way would help.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 22:26

Your statement (comparing praising your wife could be like praising a servant) is what I had an issue with. The statement itself appeared to me to be incorrect. You can praise anything you want, but why place this one comment i ...[text shortened]... ing why I said what I did is all. Why can't you understand this is what I am explaining to you?
    Welcome to the world of ThinkofOne....
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 23:31
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Welcome to the world of ThinkofOne....
    I imagine a world that is intolerant of your bigotry as well as of the rationalizations you use in a juvenile attempt to support it, is one that is troubling for you.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '10 12:11
    I imagine a world that is intolerant of your bigotry as well as of the rationalizations you use in a juvenile attempt to support it, is one that is troubling for you.
    he already said that no matter what horrors he may find in the bible they are all justified because they are god's will. as such they are "good" rather than "evil". so the murder of thousands of people in jericho is not called genocide but necessary. and "they had it comming for 400 years". abraham attempting to murder his son is not murder but obedience towards god's will, who tests him whether abe will break a law that god himself put forward. some will say (me for example) that abe failed the test and should have been punished. not him and others like him though. to them, if they could be convinced it's god's will, any act becomes justifable.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree