1. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 11:441 edit
    @divegeester said
    I’ve never quoted, not once.

And I don’t accept your argumentum ad populum as any indication of the scripture’s efficacy.
    Your post from rom your thread "What is a Christian', Sounds just like this thread.

“But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”

Ephesians 2.

It is simple, we are saved, I.e. we attain eternal life, through Jesus Christ redemptive work. He has redeemed us, paid the price. Good works are expected as evidence of this faith.

2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 18:22
    @rajk999 said
    Your post from rom your thread "What is a Christian', Sounds just like this thread.

“But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly real ...[text shortened]... rice. Good works are expected as evidence of this faith.
    As I said, I’ve never quoted that particular verse.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 17:15
    @rajk999 said
    I said nothing about credit but you appear obsessed with who gets credit and who does not. I notice you are completely ignoring the teachings of Christ. Why do professed Christians continue to blatantly deny what Jesus preached? How do you expect to get eternal life in the Kingdom of God without Christ?

You have Christ on your lips but not in your heart. Go fix that.
    So now you can see people’s hearts? Wowzers.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 20:37
    @dj2becker said
    So now you can see people’s hearts? Wowzers.
    Jesus gave some examples of the doctrine of people whose heart is far from him, so you people are easy to spot.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 02:44
    @rajk999 said
    Jesus gave some examples of the doctrine of people whose heart is far from him, so you people are easy to spot.
    What on earth is the doctrine of people whose hearts are far from him? How are they easy to spot?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 10:341 edit
    @dj2becker said
    What on earth is the doctrine of people whose hearts are far from him? How are they easy to spot?
    Its all over the teachings of Christ, which clearly do not read neither do you consider these teachings to be important. Over the years you have quoted these same passages in the opening, post over and over and over, Never once have you quoted what Jesus preached about keeping the commandments, righteousness and good works. Instead you have condemned these as legalistic and works salvation. In effect you have condemned Christ himself and denied Christ himself by your derogatory statements about His commandments. Hence it is correct to conclude that your heart is not with Christ.

The answer to your question is contained in the parable of the sower which I already quoted. The first 3 groups are what you preach about - hearing and believing. You then use the writings of Paul to negatively speak of good works and bearing fruit. Whereas Jesus said that it is only group 4 people, who hear, believe, and produce good fruit [ righteousness and good works], and the ones who are acceptable. The rest, groups 1 to 3 are condemned.

You promote a doctrine which support the the condemned [groups 2 to 3]
    You condemn a group [4],which Jesus will accept.
    I say your doctrine is dangerous and fatal.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 14:38
    @rajk999 said
    Its all over the teachings of Christ, which clearly do not read neither do you consider these teachings to be important. Over the years you have quoted these same passages in the opening, post over and over and over, Never once have you quoted what Jesus preached about keeping the commandments, righteousness and good works. Instead you have condemned these as legalistic and ...[text shortened]... o 3]
    You condemn a group [4],which Jesus will accept.
    I say your doctrine is dangerous and fatal.
    No I’ve simply pointed out that you are putting the cart before the horse. I have always maintained that faith without works is dead. And I have also been trying to point out that the attempt at good works from an unregenerate heart is a futile exercise.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 15:271 edit
    @dj2becker said
    No I’ve simply pointed out that you are putting the cart before the horse. I have always maintained that faith without works is dead. And I have also been trying to point out that the attempt at good works from an unregenerate heart is a futile exercise.
    Please provide any references from the teachings JESUS CHRIST, where he said or implied the following

1. ..[repeating the teachings of Christ] is ... putting the cart before the horse.
    2. .. the attempt at good works from an unregenerate heart is a futile exercise.

If there are none then my statement that your heart [and your doctrine] is not with Christ, spot on.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 15:52
    @rajk999 said
    Please provide any references from the teachings JESUS CHRIST, where he said or implied the following

1. ..[repeating the teachings of Christ] is ... putting the cart before the horse.
    2. .. the attempt at good works from an unregenerate heart is a futile exercise.

If there are none then my statement that your heart [and your doctrine] is not with Christ, spot on.
    This whole thing started when you said faith is not necessary for salvation. The truth is that Faith results in good works. So by saying we are saved by good works you are putting the cart before the horse by ignoring faith. Do you need me to reference where Jesus said you must be born again?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 16:17
    @dj2becker said
    This whole thing started when you said faith is not necessary for salvation. The truth is that Faith results in good works. So by saying we are saved by good works you are putting the cart before the horse by ignoring faith. Do you need me to reference where Jesus said you must be born again?
    That answers my question. Thanks. My original statement that your heart, your mind, and your doctrine is contrary to Christ is correct.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 18:36
    @rajk999 said
    That answers my question. Thanks. My original statement that your heart, your mind, and your doctrine is contrary to Christ is correct.
    If you say so it must be true.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 Nov '20 16:31
    "Faith" is a gift from God. Faith has its object. That object is the cross, not ones works.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Nov '20 16:40
    @secondson said
    "Faith" is a gift from God. Faith has its object. That object is the cross, not ones works.
    Please provide any references from the teachings JESUS CHRIST, where he said or implied [or even hinted] the following

1. "Faith" is a gift from God.
    2. Faith has its object.
    3. That object is the cross, not ones works.

If there are none then all you are doing is promoting your church doctrine and like dj2becker your heart, mind and teachings is of man not of God.
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 Nov '20 22:56
    @rajk999 said
    Please provide any references from the teachings JESUS CHRIST, where he said or implied [or even hinted] the following

1. "Faith" is a gift from God.
    2. Faith has its object.
    3. That object is the cross, not ones works.

If there are none then all you are doing is promoting your church doctrine and like dj2becker your heart, mind and teachings is of man not of God.
    2 Timothy 3:16
    All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

But that's not true for Rajk is it? Nope! He's red letter Rajk! "Read the red letters only" says Rajk.

How convenient!

According to Rajk Paul got it wrong when he said, "For by grace are ye saved through faith;..", when he should have said, "for by faith are ye saved through grace", right?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Nov '20 22:592 edits
    @secondson said
    2 Timothy 3:16
    All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

But that's not true for Rajk is it? Nope! He's red letter Rajk! "Read the red letters only" says Rajk.

How convenient!

According to Rajk Paul got it wrong when he said, "For by grace are ye saved through faith;..", when he should have said, "for by faith are ye saved through grace", right?
    Nope ... YOU got it wrong , YOU. Not Paul. Paul does not contradict Christ. YOU and YOUR CHURCH, have removed all of Pauls explanations about the difference between 'saved' and 'eternal life'.

In case you missed it in the bible, the red letter words are the words of eternal life. What you have are a black letter words of the church pastors.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree