1. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:47
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    i thought the bible has no metaphors. as in there was no metaphor for a flood, but an actuall flood happened?
    sorry? the Bible is full of metaphor, the fact that the flood was attested to by Paul,
    Christ and Peter might be of some significance, you may want to look those references
    up.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    because it as replaced a by a new covenant or agreement, no one is doing away with
    the word of God, do you understand the term, covenant?
    replaced means exactly that. as in an infallible god put forth laws he knew will be replaced a thousand or 2 years later by better(non-genocidal, psychotic) laws. pretty odd thing for god to do, wouldn't you say?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:51
    replaced means exactly that. as in an infallible god put forth laws he knew will be replaced a thousand or 2 years later by better(non-genocidal, psychotic) laws. pretty odd thing for god to do, wouldn't you say?
    yes it was quite awesome Zee, God has numerous covenants or agreements in place,
    the Mosaic law was never intended to be permanent.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:52
    sorry? the Bible is full of metaphor, the fact that the flood was attested to by Paul,
    Christ and Peter might be of some significance, you may want to look those references
    up.
    so when jesus mentioned the flood, he was being serious and telling us it really happened, but when he spoke of the good Samaritan or the other fables he was speaking in parables? who gets to decide when jesus is really speaking seriously and when he is making stuff up so that the apes of that time to get one concept or another?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:551 edit
    so when jesus mentioned the flood, he was being serious and telling us it really happened, but when he spoke of the good Samaritan or the other fables he was speaking in parables? who gets to decide when jesus is really speaking seriously and when he is making stuff up so that the apes of that time to get one concept or another?
    yes that is correct, there is no indication that either Paul, Peter or Christ held that the
    flood was a metaphor for something else, clearly a parable is simply a fictitious story
    used to illustrate a point. Who decides, well, that would be me, seeing that i am the
    foremost Biblical authority on this site 😉
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:55
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Troll slave loving his bondage and pretending to be looking for something better:

if god came knocking on my door, what could he offer me? whats the benefits of being a christian? maybe im not looking hard enough but if i started believing and going to church and stuff i cant see how it would be good for me or anybody else, thus in my opinion making god pointless and irrelevant.
    ive never pretended to be looking for something better. if you read my post im saying that i can not see what difference being a christian would make to my life. god doesnt seem to offer me anything, so why would i turn to christianity. the motivation for my post was having jw's, christians and mormans knocking on my door trying to turn me to religion. i also have a daughter (6) who has god. so im also interested to know how christians explain some of the things i dislike about the bible. so hopefully i can understand her better and support her if she stays on that path. although i will admit sometimes i do write things for a bit of a laugh.

"troll slave loving his bondage" - you know i love it when you get all old testament on me jaywill!
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:57
    yes it was quite awesome Zee, God has numerous covenants or agreements in place,
    the Mosaic law was never intended to be permanent.
    kewl, so an eternal omniscient god deems it is ok for a handful of humans of jewish descent to kill and maim their way to the promised land, to have slaves, to maim and kill for any minor offense, to be intolerant of any stranger, to murder little girls if they fail to prove they are virgins on their wedding night, to punish inocent relatives of a guilty party and other fun stuff, even if he knows he will change it just a moment (for him) later?

glad we cleared this thing up. here i was thinking god is full of love and understanding.

i bet you are now gonna say he works in mysterious ways or that his plans are unknown to us and we can't understand them
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:57
    umm the Mosaic law and its ordinances was done away with at least for Christians
    around 2000 years ago, the relevancy of your post is now not quite apparent, unless of
    course you are Jewish or living 2000 years ago.
    But the principle remains though?!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:59
    kewl, so an eternal omniscient god deems it is ok for a handful of humans of jewish descent to kill and maim their way to the promised land, to have slaves, to maim and kill for any minor offense, to be intolerant of any stranger, to murder little girls if they fail to prove they are virgins on their wedding night, to punish inocent relatives of a guilty pa ...[text shortened]... ay he works in mysterious ways or that his plans are unknown to us and we can't understand them
    I think you have a distorted view of the Mosiac Law, but thats not my concern, i have
    no issues with it and neither did Jesus.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:59
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    But the principle remains though?!
    yes principles if applicable remain.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 13:00
    yes that is correct, there is no indication that either Paul, Peter or Christ held that the
    flood was a metaphor for something else, clearly a parable is simply a fictitious story
    used to illustrate a point. Who decides, well, that would be me, seeing that i am the
    foremost Biblical authority on this site 😉
    aha, so jesus must specifically say "i am speaking in parables now, ya dumbasses, get it through your skull the good samaritan is not an actual person". if he fails to mention that and says something about a global cataclysmic flood that we have no evidence of, we must take it as real.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 13:02
    aha, so jesus must specifically say "i am speaking in parables now, ya dumbasses, get it through your skull the good samaritan is not an actual person". if he fails to mention that and says something about a global cataclysmic flood that we have no evidence of, we must take it as real.
    yes that is the case for clearly Paul and Peter were not speaking in parables when they
    mentioned it, sigh, why must you fight it Zee.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 13:03
    I think you have a distorted view of the Mosiac Law, but thats not my concern, i have
    no issues with it and neither did Jesus.
    ya want me to quote deuteronomy, sparky? it is sociopathic, genocidal enough. i don't think even the most psychotic sadist can think of a more distorted version of it.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 13:05
    yes principles if applicable remain.
    Does the slavery principle still remain? If not, why not?!
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 13:05
    ya want me to quote deuteronomy, sparky? it is sociopathic, genocidal enough. i don't think even the most psychotic sadist can think of a more distorted version of it.
    that would be Mr. Spanky to you and quote away, I have no issues with the Mosaic Law,
    if it was good enough for Jesus it was good enough for me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree