1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 14:45
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I don't want to be pedantic, but you're asking him what he would do if he didn't believe what he believes now. That isn't very meaningful. Do you see what I mean? If you ask him to suppose he believes something, then he has to say he would act accordingly.
    Well where did he say what he beleives?
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 14:481 edit
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Well where did he say what he beleives?
    When I said he was not a Christian, you replied that you meant if he was in gaychessplayer's shoes. I assumed this to mean as if he was a gay believer.

If not, then I don't see why he should even try to change his sexuality...
  3. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 14:54
    Originally posted by Palynka
    When I said he was not a Christian, you replied that you meant if he was in gaychessplayer's shoes. I assumed this to mean as if he was a gay believer.

If not, then I don't see why he should even try to change his sexuality...
    ok I wrote You asked the question DrS but you didn't state where you are on this debate.
    So what is it that you beleive? If you were born gay would you go to the Exodus International and try to change your orientation?

I don't know what his views are, so I asked that's all.
  4. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    16 Aug '08 05:37
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    I am often deeply agonized and depressed over the fact that homosexuality is a sin. I don't fully understand why it is a sin, unlike something like murder or theft, which involves the harming of another unwitting person, which I can understand being a sin.

I've never had what I would considered to be a well-thought-out Christian tell me tha ...[text shortened]... ed upon them in a sex act with another person.

Anyway, that's my long-winded answer.
    Sin is sin to God, Be it murder, rape, lying, stealing, or homo. God is a holy God (without sin) wrong is wrong all equal value to Him. Timothy (the book) speaks of a man should not lay with another man. God Designed man and woman. To be with the same gender is saying God was wrong. Example, God gave me Eve but I will get with Steve. You have know disobeyed God.

Also if the whole world turned gay (if sperm banks didn't exsist) the woman who are with child(ren) would be giving birth the the last of the human race. Same gender sex nothing can become of it.
  5. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '08 05:50
    Originally posted by realeyez
    Sin is sin to God, Be it murder, rape, lying, stealing, or homo. God is a holy God (without sin) wrong is wrong all equal value to Him. Timothy (the book) speaks of a man should not lay with another man. God Designed man and woman. To be with the same gender is saying God was wrong. Example, God gave me Eve but I will get with Steve. You have know disobeyed ...[text shortened]... would be giving birth the the last of the human race. Same gender sex nothing can become of it.
    Of course, there's no evidence at all that the world would or could ever completely "turn gay". This is merely the thought that keeps homophobes up at night.

Just like the idiotic notion that same sex marriage would somehow ruin marriage.
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '08 21:441 edit
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Of course, there's no evidence at all that the world would or could ever completely "turn gay". This is merely the thought that keeps homophobes up at night.

Just like the idiotic notion that same sex marriage would somehow ruin marriage.
    As a gay person, I would like to note that I've never knowingly met anyone who was homophobic. A "phobia" is a fear, and I've never (knowingly) met anyone who "feared" gay people. I've met a lot of people who objected to homosexuality, but no one who explicitly said that they "feared" gay people. Homophobia is a really silly word in my opinion, since it literally means "fear of sameness."

BTW, I agree with you that allowing gays to marry by itself wouldn't "ruin marriage", but I think that it is at least possible to make a case that it would, so to call it "idiotic" is to my mind just a ploy designed to forstall a serious discussion.
  7. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    18 Aug '08 22:41
    Originally posted by realeyez
    Sin is sin to God, Be it murder, rape, lying, stealing, or homo. God is a holy God (without sin) wrong is wrong all equal value to Him. Timothy (the book) speaks of a man should not lay with another man. God Designed man and woman. To be with the same gender is saying God was wrong. Example, God gave me Eve but I will get with Steve. You have know disobeyed ...[text shortened]... would be giving birth the the last of the human race. Same gender sex nothing can become of it.
    you said: To be with the same gender is saying God was wrong.

If homosexuality is a physical condition that one is born with, like MS or CP, wouldn't that make God wrong as well? If God creates us in his image, then we have to accept that people who are born different from us are created in God's image as well.
    Do you believe that Christ fulfilled Levitical law? Christ gave us a double love command, and the apostle paul reaffirms that when he says that we are to love our nieghbors as ourselves, and to love God, and that that is the fulfillment of the law. I don't understand why people who profess to be followers of Christ have no idea what he taught.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Aug '08 23:111 edit
    Originally posted by duecer
    ..If homosexuality is a physical condition that one is born with...
    Heterosexuality is also a physical condition that one is born with.
    Therefore in the strict sense, since sex is only allowed in marriage, gays should also wait until they are married and also be faithful to one partner ?
  9. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    18 Aug '08 23:42
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    As a gay person, I would like to note that I've never knowingly met anyone who was homophobic. A "phobia" is a fear, and I've never (knowingly) met anyone who "feared" gay people. I've met a lot of people who objected to homosexuality, but no one who explicitly said that they "feared" gay people. Homophobia is a really silly word in my opin ...[text shortened]... t "idiotic" is to my mind just a ploy designed to forstall a serious discussion.
    You're just arguing semantics in the first paragraph. A lot of people who object to homosexuals and homosexuality do it because of a root fear of what it means to them and to society. Homophobia may not be the word you would choose, but I guess "prejudice against homosexuals" just doesn't roll off the tongue.

but I think that it is at least possible to make a case that it would, so to call it "idiotic" is to my mind just a ploy designed to forstall a serious discussion

Every argument I have ever heard about it ruining marriage has essentially been idiotic. I'm open to someone changing the trend though and providing an exception to that rule.

I don't call it idiotic to forestall any discussion, I call it idiotic because that's the only kind of argument I've seen made.
  10. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    19 Aug '08 01:20
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Heterosexuality is also a physical condition that one is born with.
    Therefore in the strict sense, since sex is only allowed in marriage, gays should also wait until they are married and also be faithful to one partner ?
    yes, I don't think promiscuity is acceptable. I live in Massachusettes, so it is legal for gays to be married here, however in states or countries where it isn't allowed, then a private committment ceremony by a spiritual leader should suffice.
  11. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    30 Jun '09 20:46
    Or not.
  12. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    30 Jun '09 23:36
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Or not.
    What's with all this thread necromancy daniel?

By the way if you are still out there gaychessplayer, I have a few counter-arguments I could run by you.
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    30 Jun '09 23:511 edit
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    ... thread necromancy...
    Brilliant...that should be his forum title, or at least location [given he's a non-sub].

Edit: It looks like they took the location field away for non-subs?!
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 00:22
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Brilliant...that should be his forum title, or at least location [given he's a non-sub].

Edit: It looks like they took the location field away for non-subs?!
    😀😀
    Lol!
    ...Ah...
  15. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Jul '09 13:12
    the supposed practice of communicating with the dead, esp. in order to predict the future.
    • witchcraft, sorcery, or black magic in general. I don't do any of that stuff.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree