1. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 10:302 edits
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    The quote was in response to charges you are leveling of which you know absolutely nothing. That isn't to say you are ignorant in general: we both know this not to be true. However, when it comes to theology proper, your posts reveal nearly abject ignorance... and I certainly don't mean that as an insult, even though it sounds so harsh.
    I repeat, why the quote? Clearly, it didn't help to alleviate my abject ignorance in any way, and you don't appear to be trying to rectify that situation. Was the quote an attempt to answer some question, or was it merely a conceited display of your superior knowledge?

And besides, you were responding to Nemesio, not me.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 10:44
    I will admit that--- to an unbeliever--- the Bible is close to 80% nonsense. The precious little that an unbeliever can understand deals with things of this world--- accessible to anyone who can read. Those things spiritual, however, are almost entirely lost on the unsaved. Can't help you there, nor do I apologize for the truth's remoteness to you: such ...[text shortened]... flowing happiness.

I've already provided the answer. What are you considering unanswered?
    If you have already provided the answer then it is rather odd that you would post:

I need not; the Bible already has.

in response to a request for an answer.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 Mar '08 11:28
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I repeat, why the quote? Clearly, it didn't help to alleviate my abject ignorance in any way, and you don't appear to be trying to rectify that situation. Was the quote an attempt to answer some question, or was it merely a conceited display of your superior knowledge?

And besides, you were responding to Nemesio, not me.
    Discretion is the better part of valor. You are ignorant out of willful choice, not uninitiation to the particular path. Therefore, more coverage of the same ground will inevitably produce the same result: your insistence that the most influential book in the history of man, the pivotal person of human history are both equally irrelevant. Can't argue with a person who refuse to reason, who refuses to concede they may be completely wrong.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 Mar '08 11:34
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If you have already provided the answer then it is rather odd that you would post:

[b]I need not; the Bible already has.

in response to a request for an answer.[/b]
    I don't need to respond simply because whatever was being asked has already been answered. What more can I add?
  5. Joined
    01 Mar '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '08 12:52
    Blessed are ye, when [men] shall revile you, and persecute [you], and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Mat 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great [is] your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

KBH, you have the patience of Job.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Mar '08 17:44
    Originally posted by dinosaurus
    Blessed are ye, when [men] shall revile you, and persecute [you], and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Mat 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great [is] your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

KBH, you have the patience of Job.
    This is just an argument on an online forum. Nobody is being persecuted. 🙄
  7. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    21 Mar '08 21:05
    Discretion is the better part of valor. You are ignorant out of willful choice, not uninitiation to the particular path. Therefore, more coverage of the same ground will inevitably produce the same result: your insistence that the most influential book in the history of man, the pivotal person of human history are both equally irrelevant. ...[text shortened]... argue with a person who refuse to reason, who refuses to concede they may be completely wrong.
    Your hubris knows no bounds.

That people hold differing religious beliefs is a product of willful ignorance is an arrogance that
    makes Jesus weep.

Nemesio
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    22 Mar '08 19:15
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Your hubris knows no bounds.

That people hold differing religious beliefs is a product of willful ignorance is an arrogance that
    makes Jesus weep.

Nemesio
    You're the last one to expertly opine on what makes the Lord Jesus Christ weep.

I have no problem with anyone believing anything from which their little hearts derive even a semblance of comfort. However, for those hungry for the truth, there is but one source, but one comfort.

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
  9. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    22 Mar '08 19:46
    You're the last one to expertly opine on what makes the Lord Jesus Christ weep.
    Silly me for thinking that Jesus wept at the seemingly stoppable slaughter of infants.

Have a happy life worshipping a monster.

Nemesio
  10. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    22 Mar '08 19:59

This exercise all goes toward the same end-result: there must exist a standard that not only resists deviation, but one which cannot deviate--- however that standard may be described. There exists not just beauty, but the beauty, the just, the truth.
    Just dropping in--

Taking your "Platonism" without argument (because that's a different argument), could you please then give the criteria, as you understand them, for the just, so that we'll know what at least you mean when you say something like "S is just". [Or, "G is round", for that matter.]

Maybe I'll get a chance to check back in a week or so...
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Mar '08 01:11
    Originally posted by Jorge Borges
    God lawfully has the right to execute judgment upon anyone. The Bible says that all people have sinned against God and are under his righteous judgment. Therefore, their execution is not an arbitrary killing nor is it murder. Murder is the unlawful taking of life. Killing is the lawful taking of life. For example, we can lawfully take a life in defe ...[text shortened]... ation were it available. Should the former be able to steal that opportunity from the latter?
    The really sad part is you and billions of brainwashed believe it so you think if a religious leader says god told him to kill a non-believer, then it must be ok, god ok'd it. What a bunch of sicko's you all are. not to mention hypocritical.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree