1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 22:041 edit
    You repeatedly claim that this question is off topic so I thought it was about time that we gave it its own thread.

So tell us, as someone who proclaims the validity of the “words of Jesus” “while he was on earth”...

When Jesus said he was sent by God, was he correct?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 22:10
    @divegeester said
    You repeatedly claim that this question is off topic so I thought it was about time that we gave it its own thread.

So tell us, as someone who proclaims the validity of the “words of Jesus” “while he was on earth”...

childish
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 22:12
    @karoly-aczel said
    childish
    This is a debate forum about people’s spirituality (or not) beliefs.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 22:14
    @divegeester said
    This is a debate forum about people’s spirituality (or not) beliefs.
    It's childish of you not to respect ToO's right not to answer ... especially a question that has no bearing on anything other than more labelling- the exact opposite of what spirituality is about
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 23:00
    @divegeester said

It's likely that ThinkOfOne is an atheist.
    Why he quotes Jesus so much is baffling.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 23:02
    @karoly-aczel said
    It's childish of you not to respect ToO's right not to answer ... especially a question that has no bearing on anything other than more labelling- the exact opposite of what spirituality is about
    If you think labelling is wrong, why are you then labelling another poster's enquiry "childish"?

If one person self-identifies (labels themselves) as an "explicit atheist" and another self-identifies (labels themselves) as a "Young Earth Creationist", do you really believe these labels "have no bearing on anything"?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 23:04
    @chaney3 said
    It's likely that ThinkOfOne is an atheist.
    Why he quotes Jesus so much is baffling.
    ThinkOfOne quotes Jesus because he thinks Jesus is a moral teacher who is perhaps unequalled.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 23:07
    @fmf said
    ThinkOfOne quotes Jesus because he thinks Jesus is a moral teacher who is perhaps unequalled.
    That seems reasonable.

If he's an atheist, do you think he should share that?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 23:09
    @chaney3 said
    That seems reasonable.

If he's an atheist, do you think he should share that?
    Of course, I do.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 23:274 edits
    @FMF

Right, a liar and a deceiver like no other in history, who is a great "moral teacher."
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 23:322 edits
    So ThinkOfOne, you think Jesus is a moral teacher who was too stupid to select faithful men to accurately take to the world His teaching?

I mean Matthew, Mark, John and even Luke as disciples couldn't get His ministry straight without consulting you first ?

I mean YOU really understood what Jesus taught.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 00:331 edit
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Right, a liar and a deceiver like no other in history, who is a great "moral teacher."
    I don't think ThinkOfOne believes that Jesus was "a liar and a deceiver like no other in history". I think he believes that what you think of as "Jesus" was in fact a historical figure hijacked by the people who created the religion that you subscribe to. You quote Paul on this forum more than you quote Jesus. To claim that ThinkOfOne believes that Jesus was "a liar and a deceiver like no other in history" is, of course, a straw man on your part. What's with all these logical fallacies, sonship?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 00:37
    @sonship said
    So ThinkOfOne, you think Jesus is a moral teacher who was too stupid to select faithful men to accurately take to the world His teaching?

I mean Matthew, Mark, John and even Luke as disciples couldn't get His ministry straight without consulting you first ?

I mean YOU really understood what Jesus taught.
    The Gospels were written decades after Jesus' death by people who didn't meet him and based on hearsay, myth and folktales. Paul, a figure you seem to revere, never met Jesus and apparently was working for the Romans.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 00:38
    @sonship said
    Jesus was dead. What could he do about the way his legacy was concocted if he was dead?
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 02:34
    @fmf said
    If you think labelling is wrong, why are you then labelling another poster's enquiry "childish"?

If one person self-identifies (labels themselves) as an "explicit atheist" and another self-identifies (labels themselves) as a "Young Earth Creationist", do you really believe these labels "have no bearing on anything"?
    that's not a label, dive was being childish

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree