1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 20:51
    Originally posted by menace71
    I will find it for you. I know literature from I believe 1968 awake or Watchtower indeed pointed to 1975 so I shall find it for you.

As far as dishonest it's the opposite of honest right? Honest would mean truthful.
    When the end of the world is predicted multiple times but does not happen well that is the opposite of honest. This is not to say that ev ...[text shortened]... were false on the predictions.

Manny

PS: let me find the pre-1975 predictions for you.
    Go Manny!

Lol.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 21:041 edit
    I will find it for you. I know literature from I believe 1968 awake or Watchtower indeed pointed to 1975 so I shall find it for you.

As far as dishonest it's the opposite of honest right? Honest would mean truthful.
    When the end of the world is predicted multiple times but does not happen well that is the opposite of honest. This is not to say that ev ...[text shortened]... were false on the predictions.

Manny

PS: let me find the pre-1975 predictions for you.
    So in your mind those Brothers woke up one day and said "Lets do something dishonest today and mess with all the people out there and say the world is going to end".

If that is the case then lets take this farther.

Y2K Bug (2000)

Towards the end of the last century, with the coming of the computers, people began speculating that computers will trigger doomsday. They believed that PCs will not be able to tell the difference between 2000 and 1900 dates, and suggested problems leading to N-holocaust.

Ice Age (2000)

“5/5/2000 Ice: the Ultimate Disaster” written by Richard Noone says that by the year 2000, there would a three-mile thick mass of Antarctic Ice. It was said that on this day, the planets would also be aligned in the heavens, and would somehow lead to a global icy death.

Comet Catastrophe (1910)

In 1881, an astronomer found that comet tails contain cyanogens, which is a deadly gas related to cyanide. This was just another bit of news until it was discovered that that Earth would pass through the tail of Halley’s comet in 1910. There was a lot of speculation that the Earth might be bathed in the toxic gas when it passes through the tail of the comet and it caused panic, until scientists intervened to tell people to calm down and that no such thing is going to happen.

“The earth’s crust does not move”- 19th through early 20th century accepted geological science. See Plate Tectonics

“I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.” — Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

“Radio has no future. Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible. X-rays will prove to be a hoax.” — William Thomson, Lord Kelvin, British scientist, 1899.

“There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be obtainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will.” — Albert Einstein, 1932

“Space travel is bunk.” — Sir Harold Spencer Jones, Astronomer Royal of the UK, 1957 (two weeks later Sputnik orbited the Earth).

Etc, Etc.

So in light of these and thousands of other "PREDICTIONS" that have been made by IMPERFECT men just as the Brothers are at the WTS, then all scientist, doctors, government officials, and humans in general should be called dishonest and liers. Right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dishonesty

So this description of dishonesty is what you are claimung the JW's do???????????
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 21:04
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/200316/1/Children-of-1975

http://www.dannyhaszard.com/colitis.htm

this kid/guy got all screwed up because of the
    1975 date

http://perimeno.ca/1975_&_Life_Everlasting_Book.htm

this link is an actual copy of the book were this idea of 1975 is from. It really is the book you can see the cover and pages.
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 21:06
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So in your mind those Brothers woke up one day and said "Lets do something dishonest today and mess with all the people out there and say the world is going to end".

Y2K Bug (2000)

Towards the end of the last century, with the coming of the computers, people began speculating that computers will ...[text shortened]... rs, government officials, and humans in general should be called dishonest and liers. Right?
    I think Rutherford's intentions were to add membership at least partially can't say his motives were pure if they were dishonest.

Manny
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 21:09
    I think Rutherford's intentions were to add membership at least partially can't say his motives were pure if they were dishonest.

Manny
    Can you produce a statement by him of his motives?
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 21:10

Y2K Bug (2000)

Towards the end of the last century, with the coming of the computers, people began speculating that computers will ...[text shortened]... rs, government officials, and humans in general should be called dishonest and liers. Right?
    Also even if all these claims were from dishonest means that does not excuse Rutherford for doing the same also right? It would be the same as saying all them kids are smoking cigarettes so I guess I'll do it also. or just because other groups were being dishonest does not excuse dishonesty is all I'm saying.

Manny
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 21:14
    Can you produce a statement by him of his motives?

seriously check this link if nothing else you can look at an historical document from you organization

No I'm not sure if any such statement exist of what is motives were. I do know he ran the watchtower like a dictator and shrewd business man. He knocked out any opposition quickly.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 21:16
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/200316/1/Children-of-1975

http://www.dannyhaszard.com/colitis.htm

this kid/guy got all screwed up because of the
    1975 date

this link is an actual copy of the book were this idea of 1975 is from. It really is the book you can see the cover and pages.
    So what of the first two links? These are NOT from the WTS.
    And perhaps you should read the last link a little closer.

I asked you to show me where the WTS said that in 1975 the world was going to end because of Armgeddon happening then.
    You have not shown that yet.
    Re read it Manny.................
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 21:19

seriously check this link if nothing else you can look at an historical document from you organization

No I'm not sure if any such statement exist of what is motives were. I do know he ran the watchtower like a dictator and shrewd business man. He knocked out any opposition quickly.
    Then if you have no proof that he was doing this out of wanting to gain members and for $$$$$ or whatever your trying to get at, why are you saying this? That is a total opinion of yours and just a lie, is it not?
    If you were to say something like that abot me I'd take you to court for slander.
    Why are you doing this? What is your motive?
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 21:19
    Article after article appeared from the Watchtower Society that raised the anticipation of the Jehovah’s Witnesses toward the 1975 date. Among them was this dogmatic statement found in the 1969 Watchtower article entitled, “The Approaching Peace of a Thousand Years:”

http://4jehovah.org/images/stories/downloads/jehovahs_witness/history/1975b.pdf

this is a link from the 1969 Watchtower it's in PDF on the of P622 and P623 it mentions that the mid 70's would be the end

Manny
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 21:24
    Then if you have no proof that he was doing this out of wanting to gain members and for $$$$$ or whatever your trying to get at, why are you saying this? That is a total opinion of yours and just a lie, is it not?
    If you were to say something like that abot me I'd take you to court for slander.
    Why are you doing this? What is your motive?
    Listen my motive is for you to see for yourself the history of your organization. I'm also being honest in saying I have no clue 100% of what Rutherford's motives were. I have to say everyone is allowed at least 1 get out of jail free card but Rutherford repeated these predictions after 1914. The question is why did he keep doing this?

My motives are for you too see the evidence for yourself. The truth is truth and as Christ said it will set you free.

Manny
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 21:29
    Article after article appeared from the Watchtower Society that raised the anticipation of the Jehovah’s Witnesses toward the 1975 date. Among them was this dogmatic statement found in the 1969 Watchtower article entitled, “The Approaching Peace of a Thousand Years:”

http://4jehovah.org/images/stories/downloads/jehovahs_witness/history/1975b.pdf

this ...[text shortened]... it's in PDF on the of P622 and P623 it mentions that the mid 70's would be the end

Manny
    The end of what exactly? Please continue.......
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 21:34
    The August 15 issue of the 1968 Watchtower went into great detail to prove that 1975 really is the end of 6000 years, giving credence to 1975 speculation.

"WHAT about all this talk concerning the year 1975? Lively discussions, some based on speculation, have burst into flame during recent months among serious students of the Bible. Their interest has been kindled by the belief that 1975 will mark the end of 6,000 years of human history since Adam's creation. The nearness of such an important date indeed fires the imagination and presents unlimited possibilities for discussion.
    2 But wait! How do we know their calculations are correct? What basis is there for saying Adam was created nearly 5,993 years ago? Does the one Book that can be implicitly trusted for its truthful historical accuracy, namely, the Inspired Word of Jehovah, the Holy Bible, give support and credence to such a conclusion?
    35 One thing is absolutely certain, Bible chronology reinforced with fulfilled Bible prophecy shows that six thousand years of man's existence will soon be up, yes, within this generation! (Matt. 24:34) This is, therefore, no time to be indifferent and complacent. This is not the time to be toying with the words of Jesus that "concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father." (Matt. 24:36) To the contrary, it is a time when one should be keenly aware that the end of this system of things is rapidly coming to its violent end. Make no mistake, it is sufficient that the Father himself knows both the "day and hour"!
    36 Even if one cannot see beyond 1975, is this any reason to be less active? The apostles could not see even this far; they knew nothing about 1975. All they could see was a short time ahead in which to finish the work assigned to them."
    Watchtower 1968 Aug 15 p.494 Why Are You Looking Forward to 1975?

"Are we to assume from this study that the battle of Armageddon will be all over by the autumn of 1975, and the long-looked-for thousand-year reign of Christ will begin by then? Possibly, but we wait to see how closely the seventh thousand-year period of man’s existence coincides with the sabbathlike thousand-year reign of Christ. If these two periods run parallel with each other as to the calendar year, it will not be by mere chance or accident but will be according to Jehovah’s loving and timely purposes. Our chronology, however, which is reasonably accurate (but admittedly not infallible), at the best only points to the autumn of 1975 as the end of 6,000 years of man’s existence on earth. It does not necessarily mean that 1975 marks the end of the first 6,000 years of Jehovah’s seventh creative “day.” Why not? Because after his creation Adam lived some time during the “sixth day,” which unknown amount of time would need to be subtracted from Adam’s 930 years, to determine when the sixth seven-thousand-year period or “day” ended, and how long Adam lived into the “seventh day.” And yet the end of that sixth creative “day” could end within the same Gregorian calendar year of Adam’s creation. It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years."

Watchtower 1968 Aug 15 p.499

The 1975 date was indeed a hope of the JW's and it can't be hidden because it's all in your organizations literature. I can't make up what your organization wrote. I would never be dishonest like that. By the way if you ever did think of leaving there are support groups for Ex-Jehovah's and they continue to love God and read their bibles 🙂

Manny
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 21:37
    Listen my motive is for you to see for yourself the history of your organization. I'm also being honest in saying I have no clue 100% of what Rutherford's motives were. I have to say everyone is allowed at least 1 get out of jail free card but Rutherford repeated these predictions after 1914. The question is why did he keep doing this?

My motives are ...[text shortened]... vidence for yourself. The truth is truth and as Christ said it will set you free.

Manny
    Stop printing lies....... Either get the facts straight or stop this because as of now, if you keep this up I wll doubt anything you ever say. Why shouldn't I?.
    I've never lied to you about one single point Manny, but yet you are doing that to me about some human that you "think" you know his motives.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 21:40
    The August 15 issue of the 1968 Watchtower went into great detail to prove that 1975 really is the end of 6000 years, giving credence to 1975 speculation.

"WHAT about all this talk concerning the year 1975? Lively discussions, some based on speculation, have burst into flame during recent months among serious students of the Bible. Their interest has bee ...[text shortened]... or Ex-Jehovah's and they continue to love God and read their bibles 🙂

Manny
    Oh my gosh Manny. Read it...... No where does it say that IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But what is it lovingly telling us? Any clue at all?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree