1. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 21:47
    Is it so hard to believe that Allah would have his followers eliminate infidels ?

Killed by God, in one day, for premarital sex (1 Corinthians 10:8)
    23,000 dead

Killed, at God's behest, for not giving God his due (Exodus 32:26-28)
    3,000 dead

Killed for being counted by David (1 Chronicles 21:1-14)
    70,000 dead

Killed by God for questioning Moses and Aaron (Numbers 16:35)
    14,950 dead

Killed by God, in a plague, for whoring around (Numbers 25:1-9)
    24,000 dead

Delivered by God to be killed by Israelites (Judges 3:28-29)
    30,000 dead

Killed by God for engaging in homosexual acts (Genesis 19:24-25)
    Everything dead in 2 cities

Killed by God after their king made fun of him (Isaiah 37:1-36)
    185,000 dead

God threatened to kill for abandoning him (Amos 5:1-3)
    90 percent of Israel

Killed by God when he was particularly disgusted (Genesis 6:5-7:22)
    Everything dead on earth – except a few on an ark

Comply or spend eternity in hell (Rom. 6:23, Rev. 19:ll-15; 20:8)
  2. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 21:53
    Originally posted by STANG
    Is it so hard to believe that Allah would have his followers eliminate infidels ?

23,000 dead

3,000 dead

70,000 dead

Killed by God for questioning Moses ...[text shortened]... h – except a few on an ark

This looks familiar...
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 22:08
    I've summarised the points into one thread and am asking a serious question. Care to answer ?
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 22:15
    I've summarised the points into one thread and am asking a serious question. Care to answer ?
    What exactly is this serious question you are asking? That Allah allows the eliminating of infidels? That Christianity advocates terrorism? That Allah = the Christian God? That God can kill His creation? That terrorism = the wrath of God?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 22:24
    If one accepts a God who would kill so many people (or allows their leader to be driven by that God), then one could just as easily accept the killing of infidels ?
  6. Meddling with things
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 22:26
    If one accepts a God who would kill so many people (or allows their leader to be driven by that God), then one could just as easily accept the killing of infidels ?
    Are we talking about the angry god of the ot or god lite?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 22:42
    Both. As far as I know, we're still terrorised with the threat of an eternity in hell if we don't conform.
  8. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 22:54
    Both. As far as I know, we're still terrorised with the threat of an eternity in hell if we don't conform.
    Seems to me that a lot of believers claim you don't necessarily burn just because you don't conform. It depends on the reason you're not doing it, and if you're doing good while not doing it. So, there...

The question of whether God exists, or if he is: how sane he is (well, that's two), has been discussed in many threads lately. Me? I'm starting to tire. I'm just a baby, you know.

But you keep up the good work, now. You hear?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 23:21
    I thought the bible is the word of god and we should therefore ignore Christians who say that we won't burn in hell.
  10. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 23:37
    I thought the bible is the word of god and we should therefore ignore Christians who say that we won't burn in hell.
    Thats where you go wrong stang ... you THINK ... thats not neccesary for some christian cults.
  11. R.I.P.
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 23:46
    yes but there are other verses that counter this, like thou shall not kill in the ten commandments. That could account for why not every single muslin or every christain is baying for the blood of their respective infidels. Really the bible (presumably the same can be said for the koran) are all a bit of a hypocritical mess. God doing one thing but then his choosen ones teaching something else.
  12. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 03:34
    That's not correct.
    Hell isn't a threat, it's a reality. When Adam choose to sin, he condemed the entire human race to hell. The wages of sin is death. That's simply one of the laws that the world was created with. God knew this and therefore tried to steer us way from death.
    Now that we (as a race) have chosen death, God has given us a way out of that destiny, through Jesus.
    Our life today is like an ocean. We each swim as long as we can, but we know in the end we will drown. Jesus is a rescue craft. He won't forcable remove you from the water, but if you accept His offered hand, He'll pull you on board. If you don't accept His hand, you will drown. The choice is made by each of us.

Daniel
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 04:34
    Originally posted by DanielPasono
    That's not correct.
    Hell isn't a threat, it's a reality. When Adam choose to sin, he condemed the entire human race to hell. The wages of sin is death. That's simply one of the laws that the world was created with. God knew this and therefore tried to steer us way from death.
    Now that we (as a race) have chosen death, God has given us a way out of tha ...[text shortened]... If you don't accept His hand, you will drown. The choice is made by each of us.

Daniel
    "Hell isn't a threat, it's a reality"

Prove it! Have you seen hell? Been there? Ever met anyone who has been there? (except that Indian guy)

I thought it was Eve that chose to eat the apple and sin, not Adam, who, I'm led to believe, was relatively blameless in the whole thing.
  14. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 04:572 edits
    Originally posted by DanielPasono
    That's not correct.
    Now that we (as a race) have chosen death, God has given us a way out of tha If you don't accept His hand, you will drown. The choice is made by each of us.

Daniel
    When Adam choose to sin, he condemned the entire human race to hell.

First of all, I think that is a terrible reading of the so-called “fall” story in Genesis. It is essentially a reading back into the story through a much later Christian lens.

Second, it is eminently unjust to condemn the whole human race for the actions of one person. How is this sinfulness transmitted from ha adam to his progeny? Sexually?

Thirdly, do you know what the Hebrew and Greek words translated as “sin” mean? The Hebrew word chata, which appears in the Hebrew Scriptures for the first time in Genesis 4:7 (in the conversation between Havel and Qayin), carries the meanings to fail, to miss, to miss the way, to endanger; it can also mean to transgress (as in stepping over the line)—it does not specifically denote willful wrongdoing. A failure or an error, a mistake, is, literally, a “sin.”

The wages of sin is death.

The first humans were subject to death before eating of the etz ha da’at ha tov v’ra—they had not yet eaten of the etz chayim (Genesis 3:22,23).

EDIT: chata can refer to deliberate wrongdoing, but does not necessarily—it’s a matter of context. Adam and Eve had no knowledge (da’at) of good and bad (tov v’ra) prior to “eating the fruit,” nor any knowledge of consequences for their actions.
  15. Colorado
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 05:085 edits
    by STANG[/i]

23,000 dead

3,000 dead

70,000 dead

Killed by God for questioning Moses h – except a few on an ark

Originally posted in the "Fanaticism" thread.
    How great is god's love when you look at the atrocities he's committed, as listed in the opening thread? He is worse than a terrorist eliminating infidels.

[/b]Not quite. You’re forgetting God's role. God sends us here and he takes us out of here. Millions go back to God every day. This doesn’t make him a murderer it makes him God. If you disagree with this, then you are saying that we should all live here on earth forever. Personally, I’d rather be in Heaven.

Christianity is terrorism.

No. Christianity is not terrorism. Try reading the scripture.

Matt 22:36-39 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

Why would a loving god speak in riddles that need to be comprehended if we are to avoid spending an eternity in hell ?

To get people to pursue him. Reading scripture can never explain God. God has to be experienced to be understood.

Jer 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

I have felt terrorised by that possibility (hell) all my life. I fear for the consequences of questioning it now.

Perhaps this is your problem. God did not give us a spirit of fear.

II Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and a sound mind.

Fear drives us away from God. This is why you cannot understand.

I John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear has torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

I John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

I John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

Try working on your relationship with God instead of going to war with him. You might get farther.

(Try reading this instead of posting the same crap over and over again.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree