1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 02:21
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    The right wing loves to label stuff the opposite of what it is.

Your "freedom" is only valid if things are only done "your way".
    Freedom means each person is free to do what they like short of directly damaging another person.

People do not have a right to another person's property.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 02:47
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Freedom means each person is free to do what they like short of directly damaging another person.

People do not have a right to another person's property.
    And yet, you have no problem with passing laws which abridge others' pursuit of happiness.

Why?

You only deign to allow "freedom" to those who believe as you do.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 03:53
    And yet, you have no problem with passing laws which abridge others' pursuit of happiness.

Why?

You only deign to allow "freedom" to those who believe as you do.
    Pursuit of happinessiness means making money. Not sure what you mean.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 05:321 edit
    Pursuit of happinessiness means making money. Not sure what you mean.
    You really think that Jefferson wrote that in the D of I about 'making money'?

Do you think 'making money' is an inalienable right?

That's the single most stupid thing I've ever heard.
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 07:06
    Numbnuts actually has meaning. I never claimed to be perfect. Anytime I do I try to walk on water.

I do not owe you an explanation but feel free to view me as poorly or worse than I view you.
    'I never claimed to be perfect.'

Such a claim sir would have you laughed out the forum.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 07:18
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Stop looking at Christians and look at Christ, Jesus is the standard not any of us!
    How does an atheist see past your torturing god theology to the “real” Jesus which I be.ive in?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 08:55
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    How does an atheist see past your torturing god theology to the “real” Jesus which I be.ive in?
    The Jesus between your ears and the one in scripture are not the same Jesus. The one
    in scripture says things like what is written below.

I don't have a God, because He created the whole universe and has me as well as the
    rest of creation. So the god you have and the Jesus you have, are made up, not the one
    revealed within scripture. Your god and your Jesus only do what you want the way you
    want them to act. They are based upon your likes and dislikes, and if they are not found
    in some scripture you ignore that scripture to make sure you get to keep your god and
    your different Jesus.

Matthew 18:8
    And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire.

Matthew 25:46
    And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

John 3:16
    “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:36
    Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 10:181 edit
    The Jesus between your ears and the one in scripture are not the same Jesus. The one

I don't have a God, because He created the whole universe and has me as well as the
    rest of creation. So the god you have and the Jesus you have, are made up, not the one
    revealed within scripture. Your god and you ...[text shortened]... nal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.
    I came back to delete this, I realized I went against my word in responding to you dive.
    Sorry, my bad wasn't fast enough the edit was gone.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 12:10
    You really think that Jefferson wrote that in the D of I about 'making money'?

Do you think 'making money' is an inalienable right?

That's the single most stupid thing I've ever heard.
    Money and land. Yes that is what he meant.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 12:12
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    'I never claimed to be perfect.'

Such a claim sir would have you laughed out the forum.
    So in other words you are a dumbass. Got it.

You are a liar and all around self righteous pompous ass. But hey I supposed you must be you.
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 12:22
    So in other words you are a dumbass. Got it.

You are a liar and all around self righteous pompous ass. But hey I supposed you must be you.
    Once again the atheist embarrasses you by reminding you of Ephesians 4:29:

'Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.'
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 14:12
    Money and land. Yes that is what he meant.
    Tell me, do all conservatives believe this, or is it just you?

And is this applicable to all men, or just white men? Or maybe just white, American men?

Have you heard this verse, 1 Timothy 6:5? "Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself."

Yours is the corrupt mind, destitute of the truth, and so you make up your truth as you go along, as long as your lust for money is satisfied.

For just 5 verses down is this gem: "For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

Thus, in your greed, have you "erred from the faith".

I almost feel sorry for you. You have no idea how wrong you are. Men will truly go to astonishing lengths to justify their lusts. First, you read things into the Bible. And if that weren't bad enough, now I find you reading your justifications into the Declaration of Independence. I have no words for just how sad that is.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 15:58
    Tell me, do all conservatives believe this, or is it just you?

And is this applicable to all men, or just white men? Or maybe just white, American men?

Have you heard this verse, 1 Timothy 6:5? "Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself."

Yours is the cor ...[text shortened]... justifications into the Declaration of Independence. I have no words for just how sad that is.
    It was the meaning back then when landed aristocrats rule the common man without land.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 16:01

revealed within scripture. Your god and you ...[text shortened]... nal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.
    I know we disagree, let’s park that for a moment and see if you can actually answer my (modified) question to you...

How does an atheist see past your torturing in hell for eternity version of Jesus in order to be saved?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 16:04
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I know we disagree, let’s park that for a moment and see if you can actually answer my (modified) question to you...

How does an atheist see past your torturing in hell for eternity version of Jesus in order to be saved?
    The blind are not supposed to understand and their opinion is without value.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree