1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Aug '10 23:52
    Jehovah’s Witnesses think that they have found the true religion. If they did not think so, they would change their beliefs. Like adherents of many religious faiths, Jehovah’s Witnesses hope to be saved. However, they also believe that it is not their job to judge who will be saved. Ultimately, God is the Judge. He decides.—Isaiah 33:22.
    God’s Word reveals that those who would be saved must not only want salvation but also cooperate with the Savior. To illustrate: Suppose that a hiker becomes lost in a wilderness. He desperately wants to find his way out. Will he perish, or will he survive? The outcome depends on the way he responds to help. Out of pride, he may refuse the help of a rescuer, or savior. On the other hand, he could humbly accept help and reach safety.
    In a similar way, salvation belongs to those who cooperate with mankind’s Rescuer, Jehovah God. Salvation is a gift from God, yet not all people will attain it. God’s Son, Jesus, said: “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.”—Matthew 7:21.
    Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that God saves only those who exercise faith in the ransom sacrifice of Jesus and closely follow Jesus’ teachings. (Acts 4:10-12) Consider three important requirements for salvation that are revealed in God’s Word.
    (1) “By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves,” Jesus told his companions. (John 13:35) Jesus’ own example of giving his life in behalf of others stressed the importance of love. Those who love others are demonstrating a quality vital for salvation.
    (2) “I have made your name known to them,” said Jesus in prayer to his Father. (John 17:26) Jesus knew how important God’s personal name, Jehovah, was to his Father. Jesus prayed for his Father’s name to “be sanctified.” (Matthew 6:9) Sanctifying God’s name includes knowing that name and treating it as important and holy. Like Jesus, those seeking salvation need to use God’s name. They also need to teach others about God’s name and qualities. (Matthew 28:19, 20) In fact, only those calling on God’s name will be saved.—Romans 10:13.
    (3) “My kingdom is no part of this world,” Jesus said to Pontius Pilate. (John 18:36) Few today demonstrate faith in God’s Kingdom, or government, of which Jesus is King. Instead, they place their trust in human institutions. By contrast, those who will be saved loyally support God’s Kingdom and teach others about how it will liberate all faithful mankind.—Matthew 4:17.
    After learning some of the requirements for salvation, Jesus’ disciples said: “Who possibly can be saved?” Jesus answered: “The things impossible with men are possible with God.” (Luke 18:18-30) Jehovah’s Witnesses diligently try to meet these requirements for salvation. They also work hard to help others to be saved.
    Matt 5:5 it says: "The Mild tempered ones will inherit the earth."
    2Pet 3:9 states: The Lord wants none to perish."
    Rev 7:9 speaks of "A Great Crowd which no man was able to number."
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 00:37
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Jehovah’s Witnesses think that they have found the true religion. If they did not think so, they would change their beliefs. Like adherents of many religious faiths, Jehovah’s Witnesses hope to be saved. However, they also believe that it is not their job to judge who will be saved. Ultimately, God is the Judge. He decides.—Isaiah 33:22.
    God’s Word rev ...[text shortened]... ants none to perish."
    Why not at least give Nathan Villarin some credit?
    http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=90108498820&topic=13463

Plagarism is a form of stealing. Do JWs think that stealing is a virtue?
    I notice RC did that all the time.
    Dont you respect other people's work?
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 04:09
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Why not at least give Nathan Villarin some credit?
    http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=90108498820&topic=13463

Plagarism is a form of stealing. Do JWs think that stealing is a virtue?
    I notice RC did that all the time.
    Dont you respect other people's work?
    Lol....Yes I stole it from him so call the police. If anything Rajj it shows the Witnesses are one brotherhood just as Jesus said his followers would be. Thanks for showing that...
  4. England
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 08:40
    have you found a faith that does not say they are the way to salvation.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 09:54
    Originally posted by stoker
    have you found a faith that does not say they are the way to salvation.
    Yes most do....but do they ignor some of the requirements that the Bible says they must do to gain his acceptance?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 12:01
    Yes most do....but do they ignor some of the requirements that the Bible says they must do to gain his acceptance?
    Do I have join the JW organisaton as part of my salvation contract?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 12:05
    God’s Word rev ...[text shortened]... ants none to perish."
    Excellent news thank you.

1) I love my fellow believers (but only those who believe the same as me is this ok?)

2) I believe that Jehovah as named in the Old Testament is one of the names of the same God

3) I promote God's kingdom though my beliefs as stated in point 1

I'm not a "JW" though and I'm not joining that organisaton - but I'm still OK --- right?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 13:41
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Excellent news thank you.

1) I love my fellow believers (but only those who believe the same as me is this ok?)

2) I believe that Jehovah as named in the Old Testament is one of the names of the same God

3) I promote God's kingdom though my beliefs as stated in point 1

I'm not a "JW" though and I'm not joining that organisaton - but I'm still OK --- right?
    I sent you a message with my last move. I think it will help with your questions...
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 14:20
    I sent you a message with my last move. I think it will help with your questions...
    It was interesting thanks, but didn't answer my questions.

I'm beginning to feel that your approach with people who ask you direct questions is to "help" them find answers by talking around the subject. This approach is very frustrating for the seeker as all you do is come across as being evasive through your insistence on obfuscation.

Here is my question again:

Do I have join the JW organisaton (i.e. become a JW) as part of my salvation/life after death contract?

Thanks.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 14:552 edits
    It was interesting thanks, but didn't answer my questions.

I'm beginning to feel that your approach with people who ask you direct questions is to "help" them find answers by talking around the subject. This approach is very frustrating for the seeker as all you do is come across as being evasive through your insistence on obfuscation.

Here is my ...[text shortened]... nisaton (i.e. become a JW) as part of my salvation/life after death contract?

Thanks.[/b]
    The only answer I can give is only God knows that. I cannot read his mind or his thoughts or possibly know what the exact specific qualities and other things he wants from us. But that's why he gave us the Bible, so we can look into who he is, what he does for us and what he wants in return, what his plans are for the future for us all. So it's up to us to learn from the Bible and learn it well because or future depends on everything he says in it. The Bible says the gate is narrow. So that would imply it will be hard and uncomfortable to get thru it to life. We have 1 shot so it has to be what he wants, not what we think is just good enough.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 15:27
    The only answer I can give is only God knows that. I cannot read his mind or his thoughts or possibly know what the exact specific qualities and other things he wants from us. But that's why he gave us the Bible, so we can look into who he is, what he does for us and what he wants in return, what his plans are for the future for us all. So it's up to us ...[text shortened]... to life. We have 1 shot so it has to be what he wants, not what we think is just good enough.
    I'm fed up with this back and forth. I'm no wiser as to whether you believe my salvation depends on becoming a JW, other than you think it may do - but I have to read the entire bible to just to check. Ludicrous.

PS I know the Bible does not instruct that btw.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 15:29
    I'm fed up with this back and forth. I'm no wiser as to whether you believe my salvation depends on becoming a JW, other than you think it may do - but I have to read the entire bible to just to check. Ludicrous.

PS I know the Bible does not instruct that btw.
    LOL ...😀 ... That is why I gave you the answers a while back.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 18:17
    So in summary:
    My question to Galveston is whether or not "a person had to join the JW organisation as part of their salvation contract with God?"

Galveston's final response is:
    The only answer I can give is only God knows that.

Thanks for your help god.

😕
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 18:23
    The only answer I can give is only God knows that. I cannot read his mind or his thoughts or possibly know what the exact specific qualities and other things he wants from us. But that's why he gave us the Bible, so we can look into who he is, what he does for us and what he wants in return, what his plans are for the future for us all.
    So if you cannot answer his question, you must not have read your Bible. Is that what you are saying?
    Or is it one of those clever books whose knowledge can only be obtained by individual readers and never passed on?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 18:39
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So if you cannot answer his question, you must not have read your Bible. Is that what you are saying?
    Or is it one of those clever books whose knowledge can only be obtained by individual readers and never passed on?
    It's not in the Bible of course, it's just a belief of the JW organisation and one of the key facets that defines the organisation as a cult; i.e. there is no 'fringe'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree