The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 17:26
    'In my distress I called upon the Lord,
    And cried to my God for help;
    He heard my voice out of His temple,
    And my cry for help before Him came into His ears.'

Psalm 18:6

If God is who He says He is, repetition to be heard isn't necessary. Indeed, God has made clear through scripture that is the heathens who resort to mindless repetition.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 17:32
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    'In my distress I called upon the Lord,
    And cried to my God for help;
    He heard my voice out of His temple,
    And my cry for help before Him came into His ears.'

Psalm 18:6

If God is who He says He is, repetition to be heard isn't necessary. Indeed, God has made clear through scripture that is the heathens who resort to mindless repetition.
    Jesus called it vain repetitions, and condemned the practice, saying that these people think God will hear them if they repeat themselves.

I would imagine if a man is in dire distress, say a life threatening situation and calls on God many times that is understandable. But to willfully practice this abhorrent act which Jesus condemned and worse to ignore the teachings of Christ [referring to it in derogatory terms], has to be the worse case of heathenism.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 17:423 edits
    Are you going to listen to an atheist teach you how to call on the Lord Jesus?

Psalm 119 has MANY "O Lords" - "O Jehovahs"

"O Jehovah" -v.12
    "O Jehovah" -v.31
    "O Jehovah" -v.33
    "O Jehovah" -v.41
    "O Jehovah" -v.52
    "O Jehovah" -v.64
    "O Jehovah" -v.65
    "O Jehovah" -v.75
    "O Jehovah" -v.89
    "O Jehovah" -v.107

etc. etc.

It is okay to call many times as you wish "O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus."
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 18:141 edit
    @sonship said
    Are you going to listen to an atheist teach you how to call on the Lord Jesus?
    The atheist is quoting Christ and clearly has a better understanding of the teachings of Christ that you do.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 20:332 edits
    @Rajk999

The Psalmist wrote "Let my cry come before You, O Jehovah;
    Give me understanding according to Your word"(119:169)

Was he wrong to want his cry to come before God?

As a Chrisitian if I want my cry to come before the Lord Jesus, even that He would give me understanding, is that ok?

If I cry out "O Lord Jesus, I cry out to You. Lord Jesus give me understanding."

Is that ok ?
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 21:001 edit
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

The Psalmist wrote "Let my cry come before You, O Jehovah;
    Gove me undertanding according to Your word"(119:169)

Was he wrong to want his cry to come before God?

As a Chrisitian if I want my cry to come before the Lord Jesus, even that He would give me understanding, is that ok?

If I cry out "O Lord Jesus, I cry out to You. Lord Jesus give me understanding."

Is that ok ?
    "Gove me undertanding"?

Are you sure?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 21:241 edit
    "I called with my whole heart; answer me, O Jehovah. I will keep You statutes." (v.145)

Is it wrong for the Christian then to call with his whole heart to the Lord Jesus?
    "O Lord Jesus answer me. Lord Jesus I will follow You Lord."

Is that wrong?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 21:283 edits
    The Psalmist said "O Jehovah, enliven me according to Your loving kindness." (v.159)

Is that ok for a lover of Jesus to call out "O Lord Jesus, Lord enliven me, Lord Jesus enliven me with Your living kindness" ?

Is that ok with you Rajk999 or is that vain mouth worship too.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 21:38
    @sonship said
    "I called with my whole heart; answer me, O Jehovah. I will keep You statutes." (v.145)

Is it wrong for the Christian then to call with his whole heart to the Lord Jesus?
    "O Lord Jesus answer me. Lord Jesus I will follow You Lord."

Is that wrong?
    It's the repetition that the Bible calls heathenistic. Giving a numerical requirement smacks of false prophets and superstitious mysticism.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 21:44
    Here is the slippery slope of numerology:

"The unique Creator, God, is triune, signified by the number three. Since the creation is represented before God by four living creatures (Revelation 4:6-9), the number four signifies creatures, especially man. Hence, three plus four means that God is added to the created man, and thus His purpose is being accomplished. The church is not only the creature, but the creature with the Creator as the Triune God dispensed into her. She is the real number seven: the real three, the Triune God, added to the real four, created man. Therefore the number seven denotes completion in God’s move, first in the old creation and then in the new creation, the church."

(The Recovery Version: Footnotes of Revelation)
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 21:50
    @sonship said
    The Psalmist said "O Jehovah, enliven me according to Your loving kindness." (v.159)

Is that ok for a lover of Jesus to call out "O Lord Jesus, Lord enliven me, Lord Jesus enliven me with Your living kindness" ?

Is that ok with you Rajk999 or is that vain mouth worship too.
    Its a simple matter. Calling on Jesus or professing faith, without keeping the commandments and living righteously is vain mouthworship.

This is the teachings of the Bible. I have already quoted many passages which speak of this.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 21:51
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Here is the slippery slope of numerology:

"The unique Creator, God, is triune, signified by the number three. Since the creation is represented before God by four living creatures (Revelation 4:6-9), the number four signifies creatures, especially man. Hence, three plus four means that God is added to the created man, and thus His purpose is being accomplished. Th ...[text shortened]... eation and then in the new creation, the church."

(The Recovery Version: Footnotes of Revelation)
    I think this discussion came up already about a year ago. Sonship has a short memory.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 23:403 edits
    @Rajk999
    Its a simple matter. Calling on Jesus or professing faith, without keeping the commandments and living righteously is vain mouthworship.

Produce ONE post I have ever written in which I taught together:

1.) CALL on the Lord or worship the Lord.
    2.) Disobey the Lord and do NOT keep His commands.

Produce ONE post I EVER wrote in which I taught those two matters as a PAIR or even in one thread.

You are lying to the readers of this Forum and I call you out on it.

Now you are called to PRODUCE your proof - Sonship teaches Speak to the Lord and Disobey the Lord. And don't wait for one of the atheists to "have your back." YOU produce it. Or retract your false accusation.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Mar '21 00:28
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

Produce ONE post I have ever written in which I taught together:

1.) CALL on the Lord or worship the Lord.
    2.) Disobey the Lord and do NOT keep His commands.

[b] Produce ONE post ...[text shortened]... for one of the atheists to "have your back." YOU produce it. Or retract your false accusation.
    Wrong. You have started hundreds of threads over the last 15 yrs. Point to ONE where you told people about the commandments of Jesus Christ and how keeping these commandments is critical for eternal life, the way Jesus said.

ONE. Truth is there are NONE. You have only promoted mouth worship, and dead faith your entire life.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Mar '21 00:37
    @Rajk999
    ONE. Truth is there are NONE. You have only promoted mouth worship, and dead faith your entire life.

Produce ONE example of me encouraging or teaching DISOBEY THE COMMANDS OF CHRIST and WORSHIP JESUS WITH YOUR MOUTH.

Produce this pair of words of advice in ANY post I have ever written on this Forum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree