1. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 13:42
    As I read through most of the threads, i see that people all over are blaming God for alot of things. 🙂 Most of them dont even believe in God, and it puzzles me abit but anyway. My personal opinion is that God is not to blame for most of the stuff that happens. I think that when stuff happens to us, it is to help us grow more. It sounds stupid, but look at it this way - We all have made bad choices and learned from it - We have all fallen at some time in our lifes and it hurts so, we try not to fall.

If you had a miscarrage, and blammed God, have you looked at yourself first? (Drinking, drugs, smoking, stress etc etc) You can not blame God, nor anyone else for that matter for your own wrong doings.

Say there is an earthquake. Did God do it, or did the devil do it, or did someone blow a bomb? Who lives closeby mines? I do. You can feel and here it when they blow under ground. Sometimes without blowing, you can feel the earth shake a little. Is that God's fault?

There is a difference in stuff what happens to us. Before blaming anyone, shouldnt we all start looking at ourselfs first?

Now, 🙂 who doesnt agree with me?
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 14:481 edit
    Originally posted by Nicolaas
    I don't even know what the hell you're trying to say. I think most of the atheists and agnostics here don't blame God for anything. Especially things like miscarriages and earthquakes. 🙄

Furthermore, I believe you may be associating blaming religion for certain tragedies with blaming God. But don't get confused, there is a difference...
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 14:56
    As I read through most of the threads, i see that people all over are blaming God for alot of things. 🙂 Most of them dont even believe in God, and it puzzles me abit but anyway. My personal opinion is that God is not to blame for most of the stuff that happens. I think that when stuff happens to us, it is to help us grow more. It sounds stupid, but look at ...[text shortened]... anyone, shouldnt we all start looking at ourselfs first?

Me, as an atheist I cannot blame god for anything since he doesn't exist. I blame religion for many things, but I fear you are too deluded to understand the distinction.
  4. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 15:16
    As I read through most of the threads, i see that people all over are blaming God for alot of things. 🙂 Most of them dont even believe in God, and it puzzles me abit but anyway. My personal opinion is that God is not to blame for most of the stuff that happens. I think that when stuff happens to us, it is to help us grow more. It sounds stupid, but look at ...[text shortened]... anyone, shouldnt we all start looking at ourselfs first?

You're killing me Nicolaas. Just killing me....
  5. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 15:51
    I have to throw my chit onto the "this doesn't make any damn sense" pile. I'd point out the logical inaccuracies in this, but I fear carpal tunnel syndrome from all the required typing.
  6. The sky
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 16:02
    Originally posted by wib
    I blame God for that.
  7. Playing with matches
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 17:14
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    I have to throw my chit onto the "this doesn't make any damn sense" pile. I'd point out the logical inaccuracies in this, but I fear carpal tunnel syndrome from all the required typing.
    I blame God for that
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 17:33

Please find one person who doesn't belive in God, yet blames Him for something. I think you'll be looking quite some time.

P-
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 18:40
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Me, as an atheist I cannot blame god for anything since he doesn't exist. I blame religion for many things, but I fear you are too deluded to understand the distinction.
    You're not a strong atheist are you?
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 18:53
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    You're not a strong atheist are you?
    I've heard he can bench press 350 lbs; that makes him a very strong atheist.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 18:58

I am a good example of the type of person you're talking about I think. I do not blame God for anything; but I do observe that if he existed, he would be responsable for these painful events like earthquakes and AIDS.

The only point in learning from pain is how not to suffer in the future. Without suffering this learning would be pointless. It's a circular sort of thing; the learning is only useful in the face of those things which caused the learning.
  12. The sky
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 19:04
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The only point in learning from pain is how not to suffer in the future. Without suffering this learning would be pointless. It's a circular sort of thing; the learning is only useful in the face of those things which caused the learning.
    And the learning is also rather meaningless if you can't use what you have learned because you are dead, for example.
  13. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 06:281 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I don't even know what the hell you're trying to say. I think most of the atheists and agnostics here don't blame God for anything. Especially things like miscarriages and earthquakes. 🙄

Furthermore, I believe you may be associating blaming [b]religion
    for certain tragedies with blaming God. But don't get confused, there is a difference...[/b]
    "miscarriages and earthquakes" were just examples silly 😞

At the end of your second paragraph, it looks like you might have an idea what i am talking about?
  14. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 06:361 edit
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Your fear is wrong. I was just giving my opinion Starrman, you are welcome to give yours too. We all see this in alot of different ways.
  15. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 06:38
    Originally posted by wib
    🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree