1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 00:03
    Originally posted by josephw
    Man, don't you read the Bible?

But wouldn't it be cool if these were the last days?
    Look, I have a tee time this weekend, it's not going to go down before then is it?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 00:08
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Look, I have a tee time this weekend, it's not going to go down before then is it?
    God only knows.

What's a 'tee' time? Is that about golfing or smokin' ganja?
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 03:32
    Originally posted by galveston75
    But then one could ask..Why does the earth need to be destroyed or even burned if the problem with the way things are with wickedness and such, is not the fault of the planet earth? It is man that's causing the problems as well as the demonic influance of Satan of course...
    What if this earth & this whole universe was affected by the fall of man? Is not that what most Christians believe? Of course I've heard somewhere that there is actually an acceleration of the universe which can't be accounted for with the current mass of the universe. dark matter?

Manny
  4. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 06:05
    And that is the product of an idiot.
    Nice putdown from the other side of a computer, Chumly.

Are you supposedly Christian? If so, this minister is informing you of your complete and utter failure to demonstrate any practical knowledge of it through your words and actions.

Unlike you, I do not hide who and where I am. I dare you - I DOUBLE dare you - to call me a name in person. In person you would not dare. In person if you did I would break you into little pieces, and I do mean that. Literally. Come on, I'll show you. I mean that, too.

You go ahead being brave behind a computer screen, little man. In the meantime try not to talk when the grownups are talking.
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 06:31
    Originally posted by Badwater

Are you supposedly Christian? If so, this minister is informing you of your complete and utter failure to demonstrate any practical knowledge of it through your words and actions.

Unlike you, I do not hide who and where I am. I dare you - I DOUBLE dare you - to call me a name in person. In person ...[text shortened]... d a computer screen, little man. In the meantime try not to talk when the grownups are talking.
    One could say that Kazoe is ever ready to ease any evil spirit to break free from its cell and go all the way towards the Great Unknown;

Greetings from Athens, Greece, and best regards to the Noble Lady and to you, Badwater
    😵
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 06:561 edit

Unlike you, I do not hide who and where I am. I dare you - I DOUBLE dare you - to call me a name in person. In person d a computer screen, little man. In the meantime try not to talk when the grownups are talking.
    What is your problem big fella?

I never heard a minister make threats of bodily harm before. You must be steamin' sitting there.

Failure to demonstrate practical knowledge? Maybe you could physically break me into pieces, but I doubt your ability to expound the gospel.
  7. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 07:46
    Originally posted by black beetle
    One could say that Kazoe is ever ready to ease any evil spirit to break free from its cell and go all the way towards the Great Unknown;

Greetings from Athens, Greece, and best regards to the Noble Lady and to you, Badwater
    😵
    Thank you so very much, my good friend BB, and I will pass on the regards. 🙂
  8. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 07:472 edits

I never heard a minister make threats of bodily harm before. You must be steamin' sitting there.

Failure to demonstrate practical knowledge? Maybe you could physically break me into pieces, but I doubt your ability to expound the gospel.
    I'm an inactive minister, and I don't like being called an idiot. Who does? Plus, I'm absolutely certain that my theology and Christology in no way resembles yours; I'm certain you don't consider me very Christian. That's ok - the feeling is more than mutual.

My dare remains. 😠

Your doubt of my abilities to interpret and expound upon the Gospel are heartily rooted in your own unknowing. The ignorant and unschooled are always the experts. I'm sure in your garden of Ignorance your plants are much larger than anyone else's.
  9. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 22:59
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    When do you think this will happen daniel58? In our lifetime?

What are your thoughts about The Rapture?
    Sometime in the future, no

First anti-christ has to come, and some other things, Bible passages have to be fulfilled, a miracle where a floating flame stays lit be no earthly fuel but by God...
  10. Playing with matches
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 23:44

Welcome to the dark side my son.
  11. Playing with matches
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 23:46
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Sometime in the future, no

First anti-christ has to come, and some other things, Bible passages have to be fulfilled, a miracle where a floating flame stays lit be no earthly fuel but by God...
    Phew, that's a relief!
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '09 16:371 edit
    Yes. There are times when one wonders why the Bible says things that makes one think, 'what does this mean'?

Actually, it's not that hard to understand. You have to consider the context first. A point is being made by the way a thing is worded to illustrate something else.

Eccl. 1:4
    One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the e ...[text shortened]... nd.

Besides, the earth won't cease to exist, it will simply be burned up and made new.
    =====================================
    Besides, the earth won't cease to exist, it will simply be burned up and made new.
    =====================================

That's right. Totally burned up and a new heaven and a new earth.

Maybe God will even make a new physics. I don't know though.

At the great white throne judgment earth and heaven fled away and there was no place for them.

"And I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose face earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them." (Rev. 20:11)

I don't know whether this means visually they fled away or actually. At any rate is is quite a picture - the myriads of humans how have lived on earth, suspended there before God, ready to be judged.

I am glad for the justification in Christ's redemption. I am thankful somehow He had mercy on me and gave me the ability to believe in Christ.

At any rate, we see in eternity sun, moon, new heaven, new earth, no sea, 12 seasons, etc. So eternity does not contain elements which are totally unfamiliar to this present physical universe.

Perhaps other planets will be habitable. Perhaps in eternity future His kingdom will expand and expand to all of that real estate out there in the cosmos.

I don't think we could comprehend His plans at this point. I think just as an infant in a crib can barely make out the purposes of the toys hanging over her to amuse her, we can hardly grasp the meaning of the billions of items in the universe and how they relate to His eternal kingdom.

Then again perhaps there will be no need to go anywhere. It is difficult to imagine a world totally filled with love, righteousness, and justice where there is no scarcity of what is needed.

It seems that all man does to explore the globe and the cosmos is to handle the problem of one scarcity or another. Behind all the curiosity of science is always the practical need of improving the human lot.

Oh you curious scientists. Jesus walked with the Hebrew boys in the fiery furnace of Babylon and they were unharmed.

Maybe we could ask Him to take a walk with us into the heart of the SUN and observe what is going on there, unharmed in the paradise age to come.

I didn't say stop studying what goes on in the sun now. I just said maybe in eternity if we are still curious we can take a walk through the heart of a star, unharmed, and observe what God has taking place there.
  13. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    25 Sep '09 17:26
    I'm an inactive minister, and I don't like being called an idiot. Who does? Plus, I'm absolutely certain that my theology and Christology in no way resembles yours; I'm certain you don't consider me very Christian. That's ok - the feeling is more than mutual.

My dare remains. 😠

Your doubt of my abilities to interpret and expound upon the Gospel are h ...[text shortened]... ts. I'm sure in your garden of Ignorance your plants are much larger than anyone else's.
    No offense to either of you (bash away for all I care.) But your conversation is a perfect illustration of my post's point. Who knows whether humankind can be physically saved? We are certainly never going to try because we are all too stupid. It is much more exciting to sit around threatening each other about meaningless crap than to actually do anything about the real threats that face us. It is easy to see why people want to believe in a afterlife (whatever fantastic form they might imagine) because most of us are not willing to do anything to prevent the suffering and death that stalks our current existence. So dream (and fume) away! I'm sure your grand-kids will understand (after all they'll probably be morons too.)
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Sep '09 18:013 edits
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    No offense to either of you (bash away for all I care.) But your conversation is a perfect illustration of my post's point. Who knows whether humankind can be physically saved? We are certainly never going to try because we are all too stupid. It is much more exciting to sit around threatening each other about meaningless crap than to actually do anythin ...[text shortened]... ) away! I'm sure your grand-kids will understand (after all they'll probably be morons too.)
    perhaps you have the solutions Jack? Good to see there was more to your post than simply telling others that they are morons, quite deep really.

i was once buying petrol from a Shell petrol station , Gt western road, Glasgow. a young girl and a group of other students were demonstrating outside, against this particular companies exploitation of the earth. the well meaning young lady approached me and asked if i would sign her petition. i said that i was a-political and therefore could not. When pressed upon the matter i stated that i had hope that Gods Kingdom would solve mankind's problems, for they appeared to me to be beyond the level of humans to solve. She chastised me for my short sightedness and said that she was not going to wait around for God to do something. Has she stopped the exploitation of the earth? Is Antarctica any safer from exploitation by American oil companies now than it was then? I think not! Who is the more deluded? Me for putting faith in a supernatural power, or her for putting faith in humankind and the political element?
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '09 19:06
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    According to the bible, god will destruct it anyway, so why bother?
    (...as I've heard fundamental christians reason.)

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    When pressed upon the matter i stated that i had hope that Gods Kingdom would solve mankind's problems, for they appeared to me to be beyond the level of humans to solve. She chastis ...[text shortened]... r my short sightedness and said that she was not going to wait around for God to do something.
    Neither do I.
    If everyone is waiting for others to solve the problem, then the problem will not be solved at all. With that kind of reasoning, then you will meet your creator sooner than you think. Then you will see in what direction he points with his thumb.

Thank you, anyway, for being the one I was talking about in a previous posting of this thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree